‹ Prequel: Kiss & Tell
Status: done :)

The Wrong You Like

Another Beginning.

"So he never called me back," I said clutching to my gin and tonic and looking up slightly drunk at the two girls staring back at me. They looked at me with disbelief and I nodded.

"Shit dude, how long ago was this?" Amber asked. A tall, thin Chinese-Hawaiian girl with the most gorgeous tan and stunning eyes I'd ever seen. Of course she had an amazing body, because she was a model. One of two of the models I shared the apartment with.

"Uh, about two months ago I guess," I said surprised about how long it had been. I was also shocked at how hard it was to find my words when I was drunk. I didn't cry though, I was surprisingly emotionally numb.

"What a dickhead," Harper, my other roommate added, much more drunk than us and therefore less able to add constructive statements to the conversation. I was getting there though. Harper was sort of short- for a model, but she made up for it by being so skinny and maintaining her breasts. I was jealous of course, she had giant blue eyes and long, long blond hair. Essentially she was every guy's dream girl, she just wasn't all there mentally.

"I just don't get why I fell for it twice?" I was half asking myself and half asking them. Not so much it, as him. Why him? What weird power did he hold over me. I looked around and white walls bare except for framed mirrors that lined the living room. It was simple, but we didn't really stay in it. Each of our bedrooms had been personalized by each of us.

"Who knows, I mean I once dated a guy, tall, blue eyes- totally gorgeous, and suddenly it was like who is this guy? You know?" Amber said, staggering on her words. Frankly, I had no idea what she was talking about, either it was dumb shit like this or quantum physics shit.

"Yeah," I said my eyes watering a little as I downed my drink quickly. My stomach rumbled, but I paid no mind to it. Chanel had suggest that I lose some weight if I wanted to score more modeling gigs. I was having more trouble booking than I wanted to admit. There were girls who would sleep with photographers to get shoots and there were girls on drugs to get ahead. I hate to say that I was one of them. On drugs, not sleeping with photographers. Goodness.

Being on a steady diet of diet pills, coffee, cigarettes and the occasional salad made me lose weight, made me stay up shaking a little. I had started booking more high fashion things, but I was sad. Constantly, I had lulls of sleepiness where it felt like I was going to pass out but I could never fall asleep.

"I'm gonna go to bed," I lied standing up, holding the couch so I didn't tumble on the ground. I placed the empty glass on the coffee table and hugged Amber and Harper goodnight, they kissed my cheeks, in a faux-European way. I smiled and walked into my room.

It had ocean blue walls with random framed pictures up on the wall. I loved it so much, the walls were already that color when I got here. Like fate or something. I plopped down on my full-sized bed, covered with a cute quilt I had scored from Urban Outfitters and mushed pillows under my head.

I looked to the desk covered in bags and random shit, definitely not orthodox desk things. I saw a full-lenght mirror on the door to my closet and I smiled. I felt my hip bones protruding underneath my thin cotton boxers and felt some solace. I heard my phone loudly vibrating next to my alarm clock, which was set for 5:46 PM, definitely wrong, but I never really used it.

I groaned as I reached to the side of the bed and saw Kennedy who was calling. I laughed at his picture on my phone, which was him wearing a little tiara after a show while we were all hanging out, a smile plastered across his face.

"Hello?" I answered, pretending I didn't know it was him.

"Hey! Evan! How are you?" Kennedy said eagerly. I chuckled and stared at my beige ceiling with random polaroids of things that couldn't be determined taped to it.

"Fine, how are you? How's Sunday? How's the baby?" I asked all in the same tone, my eyes began fluttering and I realized it was one of those passing-out things. Not now, Kennedy was recording and busy, I knew he was and I didn't want to bother him.

"Awesome! Recording's great! Sunday's good, a little less crazy as you know she moves along with the pregnancy, but the baby. The baby is awesome," He said with pride in his voice. I smiled, I was proud of him stepping up when he was was freaking out beyond belief.

"Mmm, that's wonderful," I said sleepily, which must have made me sound stoned. I checked my phone quickly and saw that it was almost two in the morning and I cursed to myself. I had a shoot tomorrow and I had to get to makeup at eight.

"Oh and guess what?" Kennedy asked excitedly, I heard Ratboy making an appearance on the other line, unless they had befriended another boy who liked to scream random phrases wildly. Kennedy didn't wait for me to respond, "We found out the sex! We're having a boy, a little baby boy!" He gushed.

"Oh wow!" I said tears brimming my eyes, I couldn't believe all of this had happened while I was here wasting away. I mean living my dream. "Congratulations! Oh tell Sunday I said so! Have y'all thought of names?" I asked, still in my tired stupor.

"We were thinking Bradley or something, I don't know. Shit," I heard people talking to him and he began talking back. "Uh Evie I have to go, but promise you'll call." Kennedy sounded rushed.

"Okay," I lied, I hated calling people now, for obvious reasons.

"Oh and sorry to call at like two in the morning, but I figured you're probably all model-y living it up, I love you baby sis," He said before the voice yelled at him and he said a quick goodbye and hung up. I set my phone to alarm mode and drifted into a light sleep that wouldn't make me feel any less exhausted.

The one thing I did appreciate about being this tired though was it was too tired to think about anything important, just where I had to be and how I had to look. It was simple enough and I suppose I was having a good time. I was going in tomorrow, well I guess today now to shoot a liquor ad that was going to be posted billboards 'near elite clubs and bars only', which I thought was pretty elitist, but they were paying me a shit load of money so I didn't really care.

So when my alarm screeched at me at 8 in the morning I climbed out of bed, brushing my hair and slipping off my pajamas and putting on a pair of shorts and a shirt I had cut into a tank top. I cursed at myself as I saw the Maine scrawled across my stomach and I didn't really have time to change. I wasn't wearing a bra, and it didn't really matter because they were just going to throw me into something at the shoot. I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my black bag and brushed my teeth quickly before slipping on some random flats and walking out the door.

The sun shined brighter than I remembered so I slipped on some raybans and made my way to my new black BMW sedan, the same as John's ironically, my mother had bought me as a congratulations-here's-a-car-so-you-won't-get-trapped-somewhere-and-incentive-to-come-home-and-visit present. I sped to some far off location and got out checking my phone, I already missed a call from Chanel, no doubt riding my ass for not bringing in more money.

"Hey fatass," I looked up and saw Victoria smirking at me. I fucking hated her, she was one of the ones having a sex with photographers to get gigs. Stooping whore.

"Oh Victoria, have you been sucking dick? You should be careful, you know you can get herpes outbreaks on the face, that might put a damper on the modeling career," I jutted my bottom lip out and tilted my head. Her eyes got big and she touched her lips before rushing off to yell at someone.

"Evan, my dove, makeup! Now!" The photographer yelled at me, frankly I needed coffee now, some set hand magically read my mind and handed me one. I thanked them profusely before making my way to a chair where I was done up. "Okay, so we're doing a whole glamor thing, you're good girl- think Ingrid Bergman, think innocent and Vicki is going to be doing the whole bad girl thing," The photographer said smiling I nodded, trying to move my face since I was having my foundation done.

"Alright, I'll be right over Vincent," I smiled, he nodded and rushed off to go do something. Hmm, how apt. I looked at the pale girl doing my makeup she seemed intensely intimidated. "Hey, I'm Evan," I said holding out my hand for her to shake.

"I know," She gushed blushing a little and shaking my hand, "Evangeline Brock, you're like the fresh new face. I'm glad I could get my hands on you. I'm Emily" She said, she had bright blue eyes and fake red hair, trying to be dramatic.

"Oh, cool, well I'm happy to oblige," I chirped. She looked serious as she did some eye makeup and I figured she wanted me to stay still. We talked for some before I was rushed off to wardrobe. The shoot took a while, but Victoria pretty much nailed the whole bad girl thing. Vincent seemed very pleased and I heard him say that he would use me again, which I was so excited about I couldn't stop smiling from.

"Evangeline!" I heard as I walked to go change back into my street clothes feeling like my make up was too formal for denim shirts and a cut up t-shirt. I turned to see Emily waving me down, I shoved my bag higher up on my shoulder and smiled at her.

"Hey Emily, what's up?" I asked finally sliding glasses up on my face. I think I had a meeting with Chanel so I was trying to walk while talk. I realized that she was stupendously short and curvy, which I guess when you're sitting down you don't notice as much.

"So I saw your shirt and this guy I've been sort of seeing, invited me to their recording wrap party, I was wondering if you wanted to come?" She asked seeming slightly nervous, I looked down and saw The Maine and I smiled brightly.

"In L.A., but aren't they recording in like San Diego?" She nodded and opened her mouth to speak, but I looked at my phone and saw Chanel calling again so I accepted quickly. "Yeah, my brother's actually the guitarist and I haven't seen him in forever so yeah! Thanks, I guess we should exchange numbers?" I asked and she nodded taking mine down.

"Yeah, so I'm taking a car, I can just pick you up! It's semi-formal, so think like homecoming," Emily said bobbing her head trying to think of a good metaphor. I nodded smiling and grabbed another coffee from the refreshments table.

"Thanks, yeah that's awesome. Hey I'm actually running late so I'll see you then?" I asked turning to walk away and Emily waved eagerly.

"Oh yeah! I'll be at your house at ten!" She called out. I smiled and waved climbing into my car. I wasn't dreading my meeting with Chanel because of what Vincent had said, and I was going to surprise Kennedy. Things were finally looking up.

Emily called me at exactly 10:00 PM, I adjusted my creme vintage lace cocktail dress quickly. I had just retouched the makeup Emily had done and I looked relatively fifties, my hair was in loose waves that had fallen out from the whole day. I grabbed my phone and figured that's all I would need. Parties like these were always open bar and not exactly the type to card. I brushed my bare shoulder and put in pearl studs and pulled my dress down a little to make it reach mid-thigh, it was strapless too and I felt oddly naked, probably just the nude color of the dress, but I was prepared for a night of fun.

"Hey I'm coming down now," I smiled answering the phone. She sounded excited and I ran down the apartment stairs to see a black town car parked. I opened the door and saw Emily in a red dress that showed off her boobs and was rather unfortunate looking as it got further down to past her knees, branching out into some weird feathery thing, but I paid no mind. "Wow, you look so cute!" I gushed.

"So do you! God, I shouldn't be going with a model, all the guys won't even see me!" She said looking down at her hands placed in her lamp. She gave me a glass of champagne and we had a little pre-party drink.

"Nope, they'll see you," I winked, actually referring to her dress, but she was nice and I liked her. It was a pretty short drive there, despite the horrid L.A. traffic, we got to some cool club named Thrice, I had been to a couple of times. We breezed past the line and the bouncer and we looked at the party that had been getting started as we walked in.

"Wow, there's... not that many people here," She said slightly disappointed, the people were mainly congregating in booths on the side of the walls, no one was dancing.

"Well, It's early," I said trying to make her feel better, I walked up to the bartender and flashed a smile. "Hi, can I have to vodka tonics?" I asked turning the corners of my lips up playfully.

"Of course," He said returning my smile, I pretending to reach around for my wallet, which I didn't have before he grabbed my hand and shook his head. "On me."

"Thanks," I gushed like it had been the first time anyone had ever bought me a drink, I read his name tag and met his brown eyes again, "Hank," I said, biting my lip before walking back to the girl in the red bird dress.

"Oh wow, thanks. I'll pay you back," Emily said looking into her black clutch I swatted her hand down and laughed a little.

"Dude, don't worry about it, if anything pay the bartender back," I said scanning the room for Kennedy or anyone from the Maine, I saw a group of people standing up around this one booth and thought it might be them.

"What? The bartender bought you drinks? Does that even work?" Emily asked aghast, I smiled at how naive she was for working in the fashion industry. It was refreshing.

"Men are like putty, you just got to play their game, which luckily is an easy game to play and they think they win, which is when you really win," I said still looking around, in my five inch heels I was easily six feet which made things easier.

"Wow, hey I wanna introduce you to my, kinda boyfriend?" Emily said before running off. I nodded excited and still looked around, I felt a hand on my lower back and I turned around to see Alex Gaskarth, of course, smiling stupidly at me.

"Well my night just got ruined," I smiled brightly and Alex fake laughed.

"I'm gonna ignore that comment, because you're pretty fucking attractive," Alex smiled brightly and relentlessly. What was he even doing here? I guess the Maine and All Time Low were friends, which probably meant that-

"Evan!" I saw a tall, lanky boy with adorable bug eyes come towards me and engross me in a giant bear hug.

"Jack!" I hugged him bag and felt my feet leave the ground as Jack spun me around, which as someone who had eaten two coffees, two sticks of celery and alcohol made me incredibly dizzy.

"Evan! This is John." I heard Emily's voice and when I was finally put down on the ground, I grabbed onto Jack for stability and as the room stopped spinning I saw John O'Callaghan being pulled over in Emily's hand. My mouth dropped and suddenly I was incredibly pissed off. I looked at John who seemed panicked, I wanted to walk over and punch him in the face, but I was still too dizzy or weak to leave Jack's side. "John, this is Evan, she's a model I did her makeup today, she did this amazing shoot..." She drifted out after seeing the tunnel vision John and I had staring at each other.

"Do you guys already know each other?"
♠ ♠ ♠
um, so comments? please :)
i had entirely different intentions for this story,
but tell me what you think!