‹ Prequel: Kiss & Tell
Status: done :)

The Wrong You Like

Consequences.

I considered my options. I could punch John in the face, I could punch Alex in the face, who was now snickering and being awkward, I could run away and get very drunk and cry myself to sleep, or I could stand here and confront the problem. I looked at Jack who seemed terribly confused, but so was I so. John's eyes had dwindled from shock now to guilt and Emily, still baffled, looked between us eager for the answer.

"I thought I knew him, but as it turns out I was wrong," I seethed, angrily decided on a halfway decision of confronting the issue, getting really, really drunk and finding Kennedy. Emily's eyes were opened wide, confused even more by this and Jack guided me away and I stopped Jack and made my way to the bar, hoping that Hank remembered me.

"Hey babe, what with the long face?" He asked fixing a drink for someone else and looking towards Jack who was walking over to join me. "Men problems?" He asked giving Jack a semi-glare.

"I guess, I just need to get super drunk, super fast, can you help me out?" I asked after nodding solemnly looking at the modern deco glass table the bar was made out of. Jack wrapped his arms around me and ordered a beer.

"I thought you two broke up like months ago?" Jack finally broke the silence, I'd never seen him looking so serious and it almost broke my heart, I cracked a smile and punched him lightly making him smile a little.

"Nope, he left and never called me, but we never broke up," I explained, while realizing any hope that I had saved for John to come back and apologize was incredibly naive and stupid, but that's just how he made me.

"Evan, I'm so sorry," Jack whispered lightly, I chucked as tears brimmed my eyes and Hank brought over the biggest drink I had ever seen in my life, smiling proudly and it was almost like falling in love all over again.

"Hank, you are my savior!" I accepted it with open arms and he nodded expecting payment this time. Jack gave his credit card before I had time to object and opened a tab for us. I thanked him and started downing the fruity beverage, Jack looked concerned and Hank looked on impressed and by the time I had finished the whole thing I had a massive brain freeze.

"Holy shit, woman!" Jack called out, his voice in falsetto due to disbelief, I smiled and I was now positively drunk, Jack took his beer and walked me over to the table where everyone was sitting and I staggered a little in my skyscraper stilettos.

"Hey everybody!" I gushed as I saw Jared, Garrett, Kennedy and Pat all squished in a booth with a random girl and Alex. They all looked at me strangely and I gave a sad face, "I should've come said 'hi' before I got really drunk!" I chuckled as Alex laughed at my joke. Everyone looked at each other and tilted their heads.

"Hey Evan, what are you doing here?" Jared asked looking around nervously, I felt Alex snake an arm around my shoulders and I leaned into them, stealing a sip of his beer.

"So, get this! John's girlfriend invited me!" I laughed while a tiny tear came leaking from my eye, I wiped it away quickly before looks of sympathy came from the rest of the Maine.

"Evan, I wanted to tell you, but I mean I didn't know if it would upset you or..." Kennedy said with guilt flooding his eyes and I shook my head, water now pooling at the bottom of them.

"Kenny, I would never get mad at you," I said feeling really dizzy and slightly nauseous, I looked to the random girl next to Pat and extended a hand. "Hey, I'm Evan Brock," offering my model-y-est smile. She laughed shaking it.

"Oh I know, the boys never stop talking about you, I'm Selene Lu, I'm their producer with the album. I smiled and rested my head on Alex's chest nodding. We small talked for a while until I realized that the amount of people here had doubled and the DJ started playing danceable music, I felt someone grab my hand and lead me to the floor.

"Cheer up baby Brock," I heard Jared's voice and I laughed holding his face lightly, he turned me and we were doing some form of grinding to a new cool rap song, I'd never heard of it, but it was catchy. The song turned into a slow one and we stopped dancing and awkwardly chuckled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him with the small of my back, I rested my face on his chest and suddenly felt like crying.

"I can hear your heartbeat," I whispered smiling to myself, Jared laughed bobbing my head with his chest, it quickened under my ear and I couldn't help but look up at him.

"Are you gonna be okay?" He asked, we were awkwardly silent, strange for both of us and I bit my lip nodding.

"I always am," I whispered, it was quiet except for the music and I closed my eyes falling into him, suddenly feeling really light headed and stressed out. My eyes rolled back into my head and I collapsed to the ground.

-----

"Ms. Brock? Evangeline? I need to know if you can hear me," I heard a low voice say, I opened my eyes and was blinded by fluorescent lights moving, or I was moving, I saw people crowded all over me and I felt tubes on my face, I blinked and smiled, a man in a white coat smiled back at me. "See there we go, you're such a pretty girl." I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn't. A nurse with long curly dark brown hair and perfect tan skin was chasing after him talking a million miles per hour.

"21 year old female, suddenly fainted, blood alcohol is .16, dilated pupils and tachycardia," She reported and looked at me with sympathy, I felt so weak and sleepy, but my world was moving a million miles per hour. It was trippy.

"Evangeline, woo, gotta stop the partying," the doctor joked, appropriately flashing his white teeth and I saw his bright green eyes glinting down at me, if this is how I'm going out at least I get to be talking to a hottie. His face turned serious and I looked at an IV bag attached to the cart I was being whisked off on. "Evangeline, I need to know if you're taking something, because I'm about to give you a beta-blocker and you should be fine sweetheart," He looked at me expectedly.

"Ben-Benzedrine," I whispered weakly, he nodded and then added a shot into my IV drip, suddenly I was lifted onto a bed and as I was drifting back to sleep I heard someone say 'poor thing' and something condescending, I couldn't care. I was too tired to care.

-----

I woke up again and saw Kennedy passed out on the chair next to my bed, I saw my mother asleep on the couch in the corner and John and Garrett holding each other chair, I laughed weakly and Kennedy woke up before gasping, his eyes growing wide and hugging me tightly.

"Kenny I'd really like to breathe right now," I laughed, my voice finally coming back, he nodded and sat back before looking at me, I looked down and saw I was wearing a hospital gown and frowned, "who undressed me?"

"That's all you have to say? You're in the freaking hospital because you fainted after taking a bunch of shit and you're fucking malnourished," Kennedy looked like he was on the verge of tears, but had a chuckle in his voice, "and all you care about is who undressed you?"

"Well, I feel kinda violated Kenny," I smiled sarcastically, at this time Kennedy let out a relieved laughed and everyone else woke up and I rolled my eyes as there was a dog pile of hugs on top of me. "Guys seriously?" I asked laughing.

"Evangeline Marilyn Brock, I swear to God, if you pull shit like this ever again you'll give me a damn heart attack," my mother said crying and holding my face tighter than she probably meant to. I looked at Garrett and John, who surprised me more than anything.

"Mom, you just said two cuss words! That's more than you say in like six months," I joked and she let out a little laugh through her tears and hugged me tightly again shaking her head.

"This girl, I swear she can't take anything seriously, not even dying," My mother wiped her tears and adjusted her wrinkled white button down shirt and khaki skirt and I felt guilty making her come all this way.

"Hey, hey! almost dying," Kennedy said pointing a finger at her and she rolled her eyes, my little brother came walking through the door and hoped on my bed, I was glad to see he had gotten out of the whole gangster thing and now was taking after Kennedy in style and mannerisms.

"Dude you fucking scared the shit out of me!" Kyle said hugging me tightly and I held him as his arms constricted me, I realized I still had an IV in my left hand and it was heavy so I let my hand rest as he moved back to the foot of my bed. My mother even ignored the fact that he had cussed and wrapped her arm around Kennedy.

"Well said," Garrett smiled, he was on his phone probably tweeting, "by the way I got some sweet pics of you all unconscious and what not."

"Gary, you're supposed to be nice to me, not take pictures to blackmail me with later," I laughed looking for water. My mom poured me a cup and I thanked her before letting the cool liquid run down my throat. I wiped under my eyes to make sure I didn't look totally nasty.

"Well, we should go get Jared, Pat and Tim, they're all in the waiting room," John said clearing his throat. I was disappointed that's all he had to say to me after this whole thing. He got up and Garrett followed him but turned around to talk to me.

"Yeah, Evan did you know there's like a capacity for this room, like you can't have too many people, it's like an elevator!" Garrett yelled as he got further away before John pulled him and Garrett let out a 'whoa!'.

"Why is John even here?" I asked looking down from my family's stare. Everyone looked amongst each other and didn't say anything until Kennedy finally captured my eyes.

"Evan, he feels bad and he's worried about you," He explained, and I opened my mouth to tack on a witty comment before I felt Kennedy's hand on my mouth and I glared at him. "He never left your side, and I know he's made mistakes, but hear him out."

"You know you're the one who started this whole mess," I said once is had was removed from my face. He looked confused and I explained shaking my head, I felt my hair on my back and realized the gown didn't cover my back and I was naked underneath it. "You were the one who was like. 'ah I'm joining his band you two should get along more and be friends', if not I would've still hated him and never given him a chance, either time and then I would've just gone to college, lead a mediocre hospital-less life," I said slightly sarcastic, but slightly serious, mostly just about John.

"Evan! I am so sorry!" Jared said coming in and Pat just hugged me tightly, careful to avoid my little brother, John stayed leaning on the door frame and Garrett pulled the chair he and John had shared to my bedside.

"Why, it's not your fault," I smiled and hugged him, remembering the weird moment we'd had. I looked at John and saw him smile crookedly, which made me smile. Everyone looked noticed and Kyle seemed very confused and spoke loudly,

"What's going on?" My mother grabbed his hand and pulled him off the bed, saying they were going to the cafeteria to get me something to eat, she glared at Kennedy.

"Oh yeah, me too!" Kennedy said loudly before passing the look along to Jared who stood up again and cleared his throat, looking at Garrett before speaking,

"Yeah, man. I'm starving! I'm gonna go see if they have chocolate pudding," He raised his eyebrows with every syllable of 'chocolate pudding' before Garrett finally got it and stood up off the chair and looked out the window.

"Oh, uh, I'm gonna go hit on that really hot nurse who changed you into the gown," I opened my mouth seriously confused before Jared hit him on the back of the head and raised his eyebrows again, and Garrett sighed, "Or get chocolate pudding." They started walking out of the room and Pat smiled brightly.

"They were totally playing Spongebob in the waiting room and it was totally awesome cause in the kid's section they had free kool-aid. Hey does that thing in your arm hurt? Because it looks like it would," Pat said speaking ridiculously fast and reminding me of Sadie.

"Come on Pat, let's get pudding," Garrett said lowering his voice loudly and gesturing towards the exit that John was now standing next to and Pat pouted.

"I don't want chocolate pudding," Pat said jutting out his bottom lip and finally Garrett grabbed his arm and pulled him, whispering something in his ear before Pat let out a big 'oh' and looked between me and John smiling. "Bye guys!"

Finally, it was just John and I, I raised my eyebrows laughing at how completely ridiculous my friends and family were, but I loved them to death. John looked at the seat next to my bed and walked over carefully, none of us saying anything. He grabbed my hand and I wanted to pull it away, but I didn't and I didn't know why. He just looked into my eyes and opened his mouth to speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
same as always.
i'm currently wrapping this story up
i just wanted to thank y'all for reading :)
and i love you all.