‹ Prequel: Kiss & Tell
Status: done :)

The Wrong You Like

Reunion.

"Motherfucking finally!" I said as Sadie pulled into a gas station technically in San Francisco city limits. I bolted out of the car as she laughed her ass off. I've had to pee since San Diego, she's a cruel girl. After relieving myself I walked back into the cold January air. I looked around and saw Sadie's car.

"So quick question, do we actually know where Kennedy is or how to get around San Francisco," Sadie asked pulling the pump out of the car and replacing it on the gas pump. I opened my mouth to speak but instead went to the passenger seat to pull out my phone. I sped dialed my mother.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey mom, where in San Francisco is Kennedy, exactly?" I asked it seemed like the question to ask before- you know we actually left. I dragged my black riding boot-clad feet across the cement.

"Well sweetie I'm not exactly sure, try calling Garrett or Jared, they just called me telling me to ask you to bail Kennedy out," my mother said concerned and confused.

"Um, they asked you to ask me? I have Jared's number I'll call him and I'll call you later tonight, alright Mom?" she agreed and I took advantage of the moment, "So even though I ran away at least I didn't end up in jail," a sarcastic smirk came over my face.

"Evangeline! You bail your brother out right now!" My mother yelled before hanging up, she hung up. I laughed at a Sadie holding herself up on her knees from laughing so hard. She wiped tears from her eyes and I rolled mine finding Jared's number in my phone and dialing.

"Evan? Evangeline Brock? No FUCKING way!" Jared answered, I heard laughter in the background and I knew something was up.

"What are you talking about Jared! Where's Kennedy? Where are y'all?" I asked seriously pissed off. Sadie was smoking a cigarette in the car looking bored at the sunroof.

"I thought you were dead! Or just disappeared off the face of the Earth! We're at the Hilton off the highway, come and we'll go get Kennedy," He said his voice came over with seriousness as he walked away from the crowd. I was still skeptical, but agreed and hung up.

"They're at the Hilton just up the highway," I said climbing in the car as Sadie put out her cigarette and threw it out the window, especially clever at a gas station. She turned the car on and we finished the last leg of our journey keeping our eyes peeled. I spotted it and Sadie was going to driving hell for cutting off so many people to get off at said exit. I made a deal with God that if I got through this lane switch I would be a better person. Luckily I did, and I would have to be a better person.

"Alright, we're meeting them in the lobby," I told Sadie as we pulled into a random parking spot. We raced across the parking lot and into the lobby where I saw Jared's ginger head in a circle of skinny boys, my stomach dropped when I saw a skinny boy with dirty blonde hair and raybans on his face. Then it shot right back up when I saw a brunette smiling and sitting on the couch, not Pat, another brunette. I was seriously pissed off as I walked over to them. Sadie was still looking around dumbly.

First Kennedy noticed me he smiled and then he saw the fury in my eyes and look scared. Everyone else turned around, my hair was falling out of its braid, I left my shades on since my makeup was probably down to my cheeks and I had been stuck in a car with Sadie for six hours. Six hours, that's equivalent to like thirty years in prison!

"What. The. Fuck," I said finally walking up to them, Jared gave me a huge hug, everyone started laughing, but I was thoroughly unamused. "Kennedy, I got a call today, a call that said you were in jail. In jail, where you would surely be a bitch to someone named Big Ed, so I interrupted my life and drove six hours, with that spaz of a girl," I pointed to Sadie who looked up and waved and walked up behind me. "To see you sitting and laughing on a couch, would you care to explain?" I asked keeping calm, Kennedy looked around at everyone else and I crossed my arms.

"I wanted to see you? Because I love you?" Kennedy guess. I smiled and opened my arms as if I was inviting him for a hug, when he let his guard down and smiled standing up I kneed him in the balls.

"Love you too, big brother," I smiled as everyone irrupted in 'oh's and laughter. I hugged everyone hello except for John who I awkwardly shook his hand. Kennedy was still on the floor in fetal position. "Oh, this is Sadie, my hyperactive roommate," I introduced, her and Pat hit it off almost immediately, talking at a million miles per hour.

"Nice... to... meet you," Kennedy groaned from the floor. Jared wrapped his arm around me and I leaned on his shoulder.

"Dude you are ruthless, but just so you know your mom was in it too," Jared laughed hugging me with his arm. I laughed and shrugged. "You are also completely skinny, is that why you're so grumpy? Are you living on a diet of air and diet coke?" Jared asked shaking me slightly.

"No, just being lured miles away from home under false pretenses mostly, how are y'all. Jesus, talk about skinny do you guys eat?" I asked looking at all their tiny legs. I pushed my ray bans further up my face. I stepped over Kennedy and plopped down on the couch.

"Why are your boobs so big?" Pat asked me, who was looking at Sadie like they had been talking about separately. I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Because God loves me," I smiled and they rolled their eyes going back to their hyperspeed conversation. I nudged Kennedy who seemed to be slowly recovering. He sat up, slowly inching up to the couch next to me. He gave me a hug and we said a proper hello.

"Sorry for possibly ruining the possibility of Kennedy Jr.s," I whispered and he laughed nodding. He wrapped his arm around me protectively, John remained silent staring at me and making this whole situation awkward.

"I don't think Kennedy should be reproducing, you might have just done a civil service," Jared joked, flipping his bangs over his face. He crossed his arms when Sadie gasped and all of us turned to Pat and her.

"You mean he's the one who broke her heart?!" She whispered, which ended up being more of a whisper-shout. I felt my cheeks heat up as her index finger pointed accusingly towards John. "She's seriously like damaged goods now, like in a sexy way, but still shit dude," Sadie said returning her voice to her loud voice. I felt my pride get dinged a little, I felt John's stare on me.

"Well," I sighed getting up, with the use of Kennedy's knee, "I need to get drunk and I need to bring my bag up to your room since I'm sleeping wherever Kennedy was sleeping," I said walking out grabbing Sadie's keys.

"I'll help you," Kennedy offered following me to Sadie's black Lexus, I felt like all my old wounds were reopened. I was definitely hiding sad eyes behind my sunglasses. "Why are you wearing your sunglasses at night?" Kennedy asked, struggling to lift up my duffle bag and I grabbed Sadie's tote bag.

"Because I'm hiding my laser-shooting eyeballs to avoid a catastrophe," I smiled as we walked into the elevator. Jared and Garrett sprinted to make it into the elevator.

"God I missed you Evie," Kennedy whispered before they made it into the door. I bumped his shoulder

"I missed you too," I whispered back. "Gary!" I said hugging him tightly, causing Sadie's tote to fall down my arm a little. He smiled brightly and looked to Jared who both looked at me with a sense of nostalgia.

"I fucking missed you Evan," Garrett said taking the tote bag from me. Jared nodded in agreement. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my arm awkwardly.

"I missed you guys too, but by the looks of it. You're all doing fine," I smiled. The elevator dinged, signaling we had reached the sixth floor of the hotel. Kennedy led the way and Garrett and I did a train line all the way there, I was the caboose of course. I was surprised to find out they had two rooms to themselves. "Damn! This is sick!" I laughed as Garrett put Sadie's stuff on the couch. I jumped on the bed and looked around at the modern styled room. It was amazing.

"You should buy me a drink," I smiled to Kennedy. Jared and Garrett had plugged in some game console to play a zombie killing game. He nodded and smiled as I heard groans from Jared losing.

"You know you shouldn't have run away. Or you could've at least told me where you were," Kennedy said, the melancholy in his voice broke my heart. We came down to the lobby and saw Pat and Sadie still gabbing away on the couch.

"No I couldn't have, because then you would've come to see me and convinced me to come home and all of it would've been for nothing," I said sitting up at the bar, Kennedy ordered us two rum and cokes. I took mine and thanked him. "Not that it didn't kill me, but I would've come home eventually."

"Now, that is a lie, because we both know, you strongly dislike dealing with things. Including skeletons in closets," Kennedy said downing his quickly. I followed suit and eventually we switched to tequila shots.

"He's a- a mess too," Kennedy slurred, multiple shots later. The whole room was spinning and I felt the burn on my esophagus. I struggled to concentrate on what the hell we were talking about.

"What?" I asked, hiccuping slightly, I raised my index finger and the bartender gave me a skeptical look. I raised my index finger high before he rolled his eyes coming over and refilling our shot glasses. "Thank you kid-kind sir," I smiled leaning forward. My sunglasses were now on the top of my head.

"John, stupid. You're not the only-only one who- shit I don't know, let's go sleep this shit off!" Kennedy struggled to say. I knocked back my shot and his shot and Kennedy put his credit card on the counter, then sloppily signed the receipt and we made our way to the elevator. Kennedy tripped when he got out of it on floor six. We both burst out into laughter.

"Shh! Shh!," I laughed pressing my finger to pursed lips, we knocked on our door, when a tall, skinny and grumpy man looked down at us ominously, "Shit! I'm so-so sorry! You gorgeous lanky man" I giggled kissing him on the cheek. Kennedy looked at the card and laughed obnoxiously.

"Oh its 612!" he laughed and we made our way to the door across the hall and after about sixty tries we finally opened the door. I was amazingly sleepy and I saw my duffle bag on the floor and I was too tired to change into pajamas. I peeled off my cardigan and boots. I looked at the bag and found a large t-shirt. I pulled off my v-neck and jeans replacing them with the large t-shirt. I think it had a wolf on it, but I didn't really give a shit. I slipped under the covers and felt skinny legs next to me. It was probably Sadie since we had to be sharing a bed. I rubbed her legs and realized they were really, really hairy. I cocked my head and slapped the pillow feeling around blindly. Finally I felt short hair and a prickly chin.

"What the fuck are you doing Kennedy?" John asked sleepily and harshly.

"Nothing dickwad," Kennedy said from the couch. John shot up and when I pieced it all together I shot up too, but I was super drunk so I ended up falling back on the pillow.

"Well this is weird," I muttered stealing the covers and wrapping myself. "By the way you're a dick," I smiled and yawned rolling my back to him. I felt an arm snake across my waist and I shifted closer where the arm came from. Then I succumbed to the amount of alcohol in my blood stream and my wariness from a day's travel and I drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? what do you think so far?
thanks for reading :)