‹ Prequel: Kiss & Tell
Status: done :)

The Wrong You Like

What We Wait For.

I was astounded by the amount of success The Maine had achieved since band practice at the Kirch's house smoothing out cracks and going from unknown to having stalkers. Seriously. Wave after wave of girls came anxiously meeting the guys from both The Maine and All Time Low, there was a local band opening for them and I thought they were really nice, but had nowhere near the confidence the other bands exuded on stage. I saw a girl kissing the lead singer intimately and whispering a private message for his ears only and I blushed as memories that never really left my mind came rushing back to me, it was like looking at us just a couple of years ago

"Hey babe," I heard someone slither up to me with a cloud of hushed remarks coming from jealous girls with mean eyes. I looked over to see a less-than-sober Alex Gaskarth holding on to me trying to seduce me with a perfect smirk. Perfected from practice of course.

"Hello Alexander," I seethed returning to my cigarette and looking to where the boy and girl had went, but they were gone it was just me, Alex and a whole lot of horny teenaged girls separated only by a chain-linked fence.

"How- how'd you know my full name is Alexander?" he hiccuped drunkly, I laughed a little and took one last drag of my cigarette before stomping it out with my boot.

"I inferred," I said walking away, Alex then walked back over to the girls, with eyes filled with admiration I smiled knowing what they didn't about Alex Gaskarth, but I wasn't about to ruin that for them. I'm sure All Time Low had gotten more than a few of them through bad breakups and heartache and everyone deserved to have an illusion of what a certain person is like and I wasn't going to ruin it for them.

"Okay, they're gone," Garrett came running up with Pat out of breath like they had just gotten back from running I tilted my head and helped Moose with the last guitar and he locked up the trailer.

"I bet John still has a couple more girls, John always has more girls," Moose said matter-of-factly and my face flushed, with jealousy? Not that he was mine to be jealous of, but- nothing.

"Evan, go save him," Pat said holding on to cupcakes a fan had made him with dear life, meanwhile I was planning on hunting said person who had given Pat sugary goods, because Pat doesn't need caffeine or sugar, nor should he have any for the safety of others.

"Fine," I sighed wiping my hands, even though there was nothing on them and made a serious face and pointed a warning finger at them, "but if I get shanked you will have hell to pay," I laughed and upon realizing I was joking they laughed too. I made my way through the venue and towards the front where a few girls were lingering around John, he looked a little uncomfortable, but he was liking it.

"So like, do you have girlfriend?" A clearly underaged girl said twisting her hair in her fingers and smiling seductively, revealing two rows of silver braces. He adjusted his back and shook his head no. I smiled to myself, and cleared my throat loudly, everyone's attention shot towards me. I've never been more afraid of pre-pebuscent girls in my life.

"John, I'm really sorry but we're all packed up and ready to go," I said hesitantly, John nodded and said goodbye to a protesting pack of girls touching him one last time I laughed at how John Oh had become a sex symbol.

"Sorry y'all, maybe next show alright?" He asked raising his eyebrows, with a genuine sympathy. They whined admitting defeat and gathered around to look at pictures they had taken. I smirked a little and laughed as we made our way back into the venue, John sighed ruffling his hair.

"So you're a total stud now," I smiled bumping him with my shoulder playfully, he nodded fixed his leather jacket over his skinny frame and looked around uncomfortably.

"Yeah, but then again I was always a stud," He winked at me with his crooked smile, a new confidence emerging. I scoffed and rolled my eyes sarcastically and he pretended to be offended, "Please, Evan, you of all people should know that I am the studdliest of studs." He stuck out his chest a little proudly.

"The studdliest of studs, doesn't know he's a stud. He just exudes studliness and the girls swoon because he's such a stud," I countered smiling brightly now. Everyone was confused but we all climbed into the van anyways, Sadie had secured her position back to stalking Alex and was on their bus. Apparently we were staying in San Francisco again and the party was in All Time Low's hotel room.

"Should I change?" I asked pulling on my boatneck t-shirt, Kennedy shrugged apathetically and I punched him. Hard, then he whined and pushed me back leading my question unanswered, finally I decided on changing into a black sundress I had brought with me and going barefoot, because I always lost shoes at parties.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Kennedy asked finally paying attention, I put him in a headlock after scoffing and he squirmed to get out. "What the fuck is with the whole playground bully thing Evan! This is totally abuse!" Kennedy was yelling, Jared punched him after I let him go laughing.

"Good, you should be abused," Jared smirked and led the way to wear Alex, Rian and Jack were staying, where as Zack, Matt and their merch guy were staying down the hall, there was music that could be heard from down the hall and we laughed getting pumped.

Jared knocked on the door and it was opened immediately by a drunk Sadie hanging around a drunk Pat and it was the klutziest thing I'd ever seen, in a kinda cute way.

"Evan! Evan's here everybod-ay," She said changing into more of a cheer than a sentence, a couple of people cheered and suddenly I felt a hand on my wrist pull me in and I was relieved seeing it was Jack.

"Everyone! I challenge EVAN!" He made his voice incredibly low so it boomed, I laughed looking around at people chanting excitedly and I nodded not knowing what exactly I was being challenged at, but if it was beer pong my one semester at college did teach me a little something-something about that. My eyes got wide as I saw six shot glasses lined up and Jack prancing around excited towards the other side of the table where he had six shots lined up.

"What the fuck am I doing?" I laughed as Jack explained the rules of the game, Rian was grinning a large toothy grin and raised his arm excitedly the crowd gathered around us,

"Ready, Set," his arm swooshed down in a swift movement, "GO!" and just like that Jack and I lifted up our shots knocking them back and flipping them upside down then moving to the next one, I didn't look at him I was just looking at my hands, shot glasses and telling myself not to vomit.

"WINNER!" Garrett yelled pulling my hand up, there was a fire like I had never felt before in my throat and I was about to spew, the room was spinning as if I had been on a merry-go-round. I heard a gag then saw Jack throwing up. I steadied my bare feet and suddenly was picked up by Jared and Garrett bragging about how the Maine won.

"Dance party!" Jack popped up again strangely, he must have puked a lot because he's a skinny boy and that was a lot of alcohol. The party ended up us making idiots of ourselves dancing because as it turned out none of us had rhythm except for Vinny the merch guy, who was strangely beast.

It's a strange thing, but when you're drinking you suddenly get the urge for cigarettes, its weird, but true. So I excused myself to the balconey and plopped down on the sunbathing chair and realized it was much colder than I thought it was. I had sobered up a little, enough to know what was going on, but I was still a little out there.

"Can I bum one of those?" I turned around and saw Alex standing leaning against the door, I rolled my eyes and threw one at him, he laughed and sat down on the chair next to me. I handed him my lighter after I lit mine up and for a while it was just really quiet, nothing but cars rushing by and people talking in the parking lot.

"I'm sorry- about earlier," I saw Alex finishing his cigarette as I stood up to go back inside, I turned and smiled, he looked serious and I smiled a little. Maybe this was who Alex was underneath his macho-player exterior.

"It's fine I guess, sorry about the verbal abuse," I laughed, shivering since I was fucking freezing, I really just wanted to get back inside, but I felt obligated to stay due to the tone of the conversation.

"Well, I kinda deserved it," He said getting up and stumbling towards me, he opened the door just a crack and then turned his head and forcefully kissed me. He tasted disgusting, like stale alcohol and cigarettes and something else I didn't care for. I let out a yelp and pushed him off of me wiping his saliva off my lips.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I said, relatively loudly, enough for everyone inside to turn their attention outside, Alex must not have gotten what I was saying because he launched himself at me again and this time planted a hand firmly on my right boob. I say planted because it was painful and awkward and I had a feeling it would take pressure to remove. "Get off me!" I muttered trying to push him away again, suddenly his force was lifted and I saw John throwing him in room and looking at me with jealousy burning in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked panting from some struggle on Alex's party. I nodded wiping my mouth yet again and shivering. He chuckled a little and took off his jacket wrapping it around my bare shoulders, "why am I always saving you?" He said bringing his voice down to a soft whisper, his eyes were burrowing into mine, a smirk playing on his lips and I laughed lightly.

"No one ever asked you to," I whispered leaning closer into him, I was still cold and our faces were so close they were about to touch when he noticed I was shaking and swaying a little bit.

"You're fucking freezing, I'm taking you back to the room," John said with authority in his voice, no one noticed us leaving. It was past the point of no return for most of the people in the room, a noise complaint led to a desk person being invited in as we were leaving.

"You know, you're not my daddy, I can walk to a room by myself," I stumbled over my words smiling cutely at him, he laughed shaking his head. I think John was probably as close to sober as you could get at that party.

"Just like last night?" He asked and I nodded smiling, forgetting what actually happened last night. I walked in through the door John had opened for me and he followed me in, turning on one table lamp, just one to light up the whole room. It was dark with the sounds of night coming through the window and for a while John and I looked at each other curiously, until simultaneously we rushed together, our lips met for a moment of ecstasy after so much time apart and wanting.

He brushed his hand through my hair, my arms wrapped around his neck and he deepened the kiss, pulling my hips into his. I smelt him for the first time in a long time and it felt like we were eighteen again being stupid just because we could, his lips were soft and slowly parted as his tongue made its way into my mouth, I parted my lips too and he lifted me up plopping us down on the bed we had awkwardly shared last night, there was no time for air or breathing. I felt his fingers trace the bottom on my dress his hand moving up and down my thigh and moved my hands to bottom of his shirt and lifted it over his head, parting our ways for a moment. He began kissing me again before he stopped and cupped my face in his hands.

"Wait," He said and I froze. A wave of self-consiousness came over me, was this a mistake? Did he not want me, what kind of guy doesn't want drunk girl sex. "Do you want me or do you want a hook-up?" He asked his golden eyes looking in mine our faces so close that we could connect on a deeper level.

"John, I want you," I whispered tears coming to my eyes as the words finally came out past my lips. I bit mine after I said that, debating on whether or not I should verbalize the rest of my thoughts, I kissed his temple and moved my lips to his ear, "I love you," I said letting a tear fall from my eyes. He looked like his words had run away from him and speechless he looked at me and then smiled quirkily.

"I love you too, but not like this," He whispered nervously. My heart dropped, what in God's green gravy did that mean? Honestly, here I was pouring my feelings after he stomped on my heart and he pulls this crap. I froze I couldn't move, literally, so John moved to the other side of the bed under the covers and shifted around.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a longer chapter i hope you like it!
comment pleaseee :)