‹ Prequel: Kiss & Tell
Status: done :)

The Wrong You Like

A Feeling.

It was safe to say that the trip back was one of the most awkward ones of my life. Filled with careful silences not to upset Kennedy who was on the brink of a psychotic break, we didn't stop powering through California and Arizona till we were on the outskirts of Phoenix. That's when Kennedy called Sunday to ask if he could come over right now.

"Shit! Calm down!" Kennedy yelled into the phone, I could hear random blurbs from the other line, stopping Kennedy from speaking every time he opened his mouth. "Fine, fine!" He said lowering his voice and holding the phone out to me. Everyone's eyes went from the phone to me. I looked honestly confused.

"What?" I asked looking at the phone like the devil itself was on the line. John looked at us from the rearview mirror curious as to what was going on, but too polite to ask.

"She only wants to talk to you," Kennedy sighed, I made an oh with my mouth and carefully took his iPhone and brought it to my cheek. I looked at the road were were officially in Tempe, I could hear sobbing on the other line.

"Hello?" I asked making my voice as sweet and low as I could, holding my breath. I heard an deep inhalation.

"Evan? Why didn't you c-call me?" Her voice was so much worse than I could've imagined, she had a terrifying mix of anger and depression. I felt a hole pounding into chest, an unimaginable guilt weighing the whole down to my stomach.

"Sunday? I'm so sorry!" I couldn't mean it anymore, I felt hot tears come to my eye with each little sob she attempted to muffle. "I'm coming right now, we're in Tempe can we talk?" I asked looking to John, his eyebrows raised with concern, but overridden by obligation to Sunday he nodded flicking on his turn signal.

"Um, yeah. Please? I c-can't do," She stopped and she attempted to catch her breath, I could almost see her the wind getting sucked from her chest when she needed it so desperately. Her voice was brought to down to a tiny whisper, a voice you would expect a shy mouse to have, high and fine. "...this"

We pulled up to the house that Garrett, his girlfriend and Sunday all shared and we all piled out of the car and rushed to the front door, Garrett had his keys somewhere in his pocket, but Gabi opened the door her face looked like she had seen a ghost.

"She won't come out of the bathroom! I don't know what to do," She said tears lining her eyes. I realized that Sunday had hung up on me and we all led in a mass group that couldn't fit through the hallway, I started forward with Gabi and we knocked on the door putting our ears to the door.

"Sunday?" I asked, looking to Gabi if I was doing the right thing, she nodded biting her lip to tell me to keep going. I heard someone let out a loud sob and I knocked again, "Sunday?"

"Evie?" A voice croaked from the other side.

"Yeah sweetie, can you open the door?" I asked looking at Gabi again. She smiled and we held our breath, listening to someone shuffle across the tile and the locked clicked, a crack opened and Rachel and I carefully walked in. Sunday's red hair tangled up above her head and her eyes lined with red. She was pale, her eyes were puffy, she looked terrible. Then again, all of us would look terrible in the same conditions.

"How you doing kid?" I asked tears coming to my eyes a little, she bit her lip muffling a laugh and she hugged me tightly, Gabi came around and hugged both of us. Finally we broke up the hug and Sunday sat on the toilet and Gabi and I perched on the edge of the bathtub, careful not to fall in. Sunday grabbed a handful of something and showed us.

"Five tests," she sniffled, showing us five pee sticks indeed with five little pink plus signs. She threw them in the trash and put her face in her hands. Gabi bit her lip and showed her disgust in her face, since she touched her urine-marked tests and then her face, I really hoped Gabi wouldn't say anything.

"How did you get that much pee to do five sticks?" I asked scrunching my noses and tilting my head. She opened her eyes and laughed a little kicking me lightly, "ow."

"I tell you I'm pregnant and you're talking about my pee!" She said, the sadness still in her eyes and a smile spread across her face, "But, if you're wondering , I took two yesterday. I was fine, I was completely unfazed. Then I thought, pregnancy leads to babies and I took three more and I'm pregnant. Like pregnant." She said tears coming to her eyes as she finished up her speech. I grabbed her knee and I sat up hugging her.

"This isn't the end of the world, I promise," I whispered rubbing her back, it was thin, bones protruding. I sat back down next to Gabi who's wide brown eyes were looking between us slightly confused, but still with a look of concern on her face. She asked the obvious question.

"So what are you going to do?" Gabi asked looking around panicked wondering if she had asked the wrong question, I rested my head on Gabi's shoulder, which proved harder since she was petite, very petite. Sunday looked at the tiled shower behind us for a while before a smile crept on her face.

"I have to have the kid, maybe give it up for adoption. Maybe raise it, I mean I'm catholic so there's no other alternative," She said nodding, affirming herself, I heard a thud outside of the door. Sunday was calm now, but we were all curious. I opened the door and four boys fell into the door due to all of their weight being on the door to successfully eavesdrop. Kennedy however was lying on the floor muttering something.

"Well you're boyfriend is freaking out," I said leaving the door open and pointing to the boy on the floor. She smirked and rubbed her hands on her face, Gabi and I must have read each other's mind because we both exited the room and helped Kennedy off the ground.

"Hey," He said shyly before closing the door behind him. I saw Pat and Garrett stick their ears back onto the door and I pushed Jared out of a good spot that was head level. Jared countered by leaning on top of me to listen causing me to fall on top of Garrett, while John and Gabi simply shared due to their height difference.

"Ow, what the fuck?" Garrett whispered from under me, pushing me back up after I elbowed Jared for being a dick. Garrett crouched back to his spot and I was awkward leveled having to essentially spoon Jared to listen.

"Yeah Jared what the fuck?" I asked turning my head towards the ceiling to give him a look, but before he could respond everyone simultaneously shushed us and I stuck my tongue out at him and concentrated on listening.

"So abortion's out?" I heard Kennedy's voice ask, trembling with either fear, relief, or just a mix of emotions. I zoned out at the black material of John's shirt to enhance my listening.

"Yeah, how do you feel about adoption?" Sunday's voice was gaining stability seemed a little less freaked out, which was always good.

"Adoption's good, I mean, Christ, we're twenty-one and I'm a musician. You haven't even graduated college yet. Sunday, it's just so much," Kennedy reasoned, I could imagine him stressed out just imagining thinking about having a kid.

"Kennedy, I'm graduating this May and I'm gonna have a steady job. I think that everything happens for a reason, there's a reason for this happening it. I feel, like we should have this kid," Sunday said surprising all of us, Gabi even let out a 'what' before getting shushed.

"We? I mean we fight and make up three times a week. How should have a family?" Kennedy said clearly leaning towards adoption. Jared let some of his weight fall on me, making me fall into door. I would've said something had I not been busy listening.

"Kenny, I won't ask you to have a family if you're not ready, but I decided. This is something I didn't expect, but I feel like this is what to do. I talked to my mother yesterday, my older sister Shoshana was conceived the same way. I just know," Sunday affirmed. All of us were extremely confused at this we all exchanged looks.

"Can you give me some time to think?" Kennedy asked. There was a weird silence for a while and then Kennedy yelled, "You know what, no. No, that's my kid, I can't let you raise my kid. I wasn't ready and I'm still not, but I have like nine months to get ready. Sunday, I'd grow up for you and the baby."

"Aw," Gabi and I let out at the same time looking at each other with our eyebrows raised. I told myself not to cry. Jared and John laughed at us, but we ignored them returning to the conversation.

Kenny, I love you!" I heard laughter, we all celebrated while still attached to the door. Suddenly we were on empty air and what we were leaning on was gone. We all crashed on the floor in a pile and smiled innocently and Sunday and Kennedy holding hand looking down at us.

"Congrats!" I said with Jared on top of me, giving a thumbs up. Sunday and Kennedy just laughed and we joined in, until John jumped up and helped Gabi up. "Oh thanks boyfriend, it's not like your big ginger friend is on top of me," I smiled sarcastically. John just laughed shaking his head and helping out Jared.

Finally we were all standing up John wrapped his arm around me. Sunday looked confused and pointed between us with a words stumbling on her lips.

"You two? Are dating?" She said her hands intertwined together and I bit my lip and looked at John who looked at her with a strange look. We both nodded and she raised her hands in the air flinging Kennedy's with her. "Finally!"

"So, you two are having a baby?" Gabi asked doing the same thing with Garrett, he held onto her tightly and we all looked completely flabbergasted at how quickly this had all happened.

"We're having a baby," Kennedy whispered. His face looked like he was off in his own world and only I could see the fear in his eyes. I knew that he had said something he was regretting, Pat wanted to have a party and celebrate, but we were all tired and so it was decided it would be tomorrow. John drove me to the house he shared with Halvo, Nick and Justin who were all away on tour with A Rocket To The Moon.

"That was a lot," John whispered, kissing me lightly. I laughed and kissed him back harder. His tongue traced my lips and he stroked my face lightly making me fall into him, massaging his tongue with mine. He picked me up and brought me into his room, or I hoped it was his room, he started kissing my neck, his fingers tracing the bottom of my shirt, I could feel his touch on my stomach sending tingles everywhere. I gasped as we crashed on his bed.

"John," I whispered stopping him while his hands were lifting my shirt over my head awkwardly. He looked confused and I bit my lip looking at the bed, with sheets strewn everywhere. "Maybe we should hold off for a while, you know in certain activities," I whispered kissing him lightly.

"But before, we- you know," He said hopefully, and I kissed him lightly on the ear and shook my head. "Yeah, you're right. I'm probably really fertile," He joked and I smacked him as we both got up. John got me a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top. All he did was take of his shirt and I was surprised at how much more muscular he was, and his new tattoos that accented his body, really well. Really, really well. I bit my lip, a pregnant best friend was a good reminder not to touch boys.

"Thanks," I smiled before going to the bathroom to change. I walked out and John was already in the bed, his elbow on the pillow and on his side trying to look seductive. I laughed and kissed him lightly, "Damn, lookin' goo-oood," I wiggled my eyebrows and John let out a weird giggle. He turned off his light and wrapped his arm around me, we wiggled around getting comfortable waiting to go to sleep.

"Hey Evangeline?" John asked in the dark, John's finger began moving up and down my arm lightly lulling me further into sleep. It was like a middle school sleep over, staying up late talking until you were literally passed out.

"Hmm?" I asked keeping my eyes closed. I smiled at his tone and he took a deep breath, since my head was on his chest my head shot up and down with his chest.

"I just wanted to let you know, I'm not letting you go, not like last time. Not ever," John whispered, I could hear his rasp in his voice enhanced by being so confident in every word. I propped myself up and looked down at John looking concerned at me not being on his chest anymore. It was really quiet and I placed my hand on his bare chest, moving my fingers lightly and kissed him on the lips. I returned to my spot and he wrapped his arm around me tightly again and we fell asleep. My abs so tight, a smile on my face I never wanted him to let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took forever! it would mean a lot if you let me know what you think!
comments?