Status: Hiatus

Two is Better Then One

I'm Busy

My fingers grasped the folder ofmy Cupid’s accomplishments. I had phoned him about five times and left two messages. “Hey Rosemary, were are you headed off to?” I turned my head to see Caroline one of the many messenger angels. “I have to go to the conference for Cupid, yet again.” She gave me a look filled with pity and flew on. I always hated when one of the many angels had pitied me. It seemed like they thought my job sucked, it did at times., but I do enjoy it. What else it better than give others their happily every after? I’d say nothing , the moment when you can see them falling. Their facial expression and how happy they are with one another is something that touches you.

It’s not like a movie when you know that they are going to fall in love, because hey even cupid can make mistakes with the pairing. It’s happened, that’s why people have decided to get a divorce. Many novels out in the world try to portray love. My recent obsession with one novel would be Pride & Prejudice. by the infamous Jane Austen. I find that this story does a pretty decent job it portraying love between people.

I pushed the conference door open as I walked over to the seat reserved for each department in the 6th level of heaven. For angels you can be demoted to a “fallen angel”, who was sent down a level for poor work. My goal is to be promoted-obviously- to one of the many cupid angels around. There are at least ten cupid angels. I’m the one with the least luck because I get the player. “Hello everybody, well it’s nearing summer. We all know how hectic it is for the angels of love. Especially since all of the summer loves that are going to form. Anyways I’d like you to pass down your folders with your progress. I may also remind you that one of you or maybe a few of you could be demoted or promoted so I wish you the best of luck. I must cut this meeting short, I will send out a memo with all the important news. You are all dismissed.”

Just as I was about to get up and leave George, the one is charge had asked for me to stay behind. “Rose, you seem overworked. Especially since you’re the assistant of an angel that has given up on love and is the on the edge of being demoted. I want you to take a break, find love. You know enjoy your life. I’ll get a temporary assistant for John.” I could feel a smile coming on. “Seriously? I can get a vacation?” George just let out a soft chuckle and nodded. “But what about the dip-shit John, he can’t do anything on his own but fuck his daily hoe.” I put a hand through my hair, already thinking that I probably wouldn’t be able to go on a vacation. “Oh, just leave everything to me. We are sending you to Italy for about a month and than from there you shall spend another month in Paris. Don’t worry about a thing expect packing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a little short but i hope you like it. Tell me what you think.