Mikes Choice

Run, Mike Run

A little boy with blonde hair stood outside in the rain after his dad and mum got in to a fight, again. He looked up on the black sky and wonder where he was going to stay. His name was Michael but for short Mike and he was only at the age of fifteen. The bus stopped in front of him and he held his hands deeper in his jeans. After he got in the buss and paid the bill, he struggle a bit before he got a seat. It was silent and it was an ugly smell in the air. His guitar lay on his legs. The rain hit the window and he was shaking after the time outside in the cold. All was fucked up today. His cat had got hit by a car and one of his friends had been thrown out like him. Mike was going to stay at his only best friend’s house. The bus stopped slowly outside a house and he walked out the bus and looked around in the dark. Would he have a life again? All was like hell. Water got in his black shoes and he freeze even more. It was light in one room in the house he was walking to. Mike struggle a bit again before he rang the bell. He could hear someone run down and trip in the stairs. He grinned and looked up on his friend when he had opened the door. Mike looked down on his guitar in his hand. He had not brought anything else. His friend was in the same age as him but a head shorter. His name was Billie Joe. Not William Joseph as many thinks.

”Hey Mike, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?” He looked confused at Mike with his green eyes. His reddish hair lay curly on his head and he dragged his hand through it.

”My... can I stay the night?”

”Yeah. But be sort of quiet, get it? Mum’s going to kill me if she wakes up now.”
He walked aside of the door for Mike to come inside. The smell of food hit him. He closed his eyes and remembered the day he and his friend had eaten ice-cream and dropped some on the carpet so Billie Joe got to clean it up before his mum got home. Mike looked up on Billie when he closed the door behind him and made his way to the stairs.

”Do you want something before we go to my room?”

”No… I’m fine…” He struggle again when a tear came down his face. Billie stopped and laid his arm around Mike’s shoulder. Mike smiled a bit to him and dried the tears from his face. Both made it up to his room and Mike could hear Billie’s mum snore in one room. Billie closed the door behind and Mike lay down on the bed. He knew Billie would let him. He closed his eyes and felt Billie lay down beside him. He smiled for himself when Billie held his arm around him to comfort him. Billie knew Mike was afraid.

The next day

the sun shinned through the window and made Mike wake up from his sleep. He moved to the end of the bed and did not know the bed ended right away. Billie ran in when Mike had screamed and hit the floor hard. Mike rubbed his back and looked mad at Billie when he laughed.

“Get the fuck out. I’m hurt!” He got up to his feet’s and was going to throw himself over Billie when he hade sneaked out and closed the door in Mikes face. He screamed again and held his hands over his nose. It dripped blood down on the white cover. He yawned and sat down on the bed. He closed his eyes and lay down on his stomach.

“What the fuck happen Mike?”
Billie walked to him and sat down beside him and slowly stroke his friends back when he did not seem well. “It’s my fault. I’m sorry Mike.” They laid there for a while and short both was asleep and Mike was dreaming about butterflies. Billie struggle in his dream and sat up in chock and was all cold and shaking. Mike sat up and itch under his nose where the blood had dried. He had nosebleed before.

“Billie calm down. It was a dream.”
He stroke Billie’s arm to calm him. Billies eyes was filled with fear but he laid down with Mikes comforted arm around him. He slowly closed his eyes when Mikes warm breath hit his neck. He did not want to believe his dream. He hoped it was not true.

**In his Dream**

He slowly walked down a tunnel and stumble up for stairs. It was all dark and his eyes could not find any light. The air was stuffy and the walls besides him were wet. He slowly got to a door and hit his nose. The blood dripped down on his hands and it echo in the tunnel when one drop hit the floor. He struggles to find the handle for the door. He struggle a hour or more and the air in the tunnel got more stifled. After a hour the air smelled like death and a voice whisper in the wind. The wind hit him hard in the face. He got down on his but on the ground. He was frightened to death when a cold and bony thing took a tight grip of his wrist.