Tomorrow

Just for Tonight

"Is there really a need for the wheelchair? I mean I was only beat in the head by a savage lawn gnome."

Keeping her balance as she came up, Logan smiled, sitting her in the passenger side of his Range Rover.

"Probably because they knew people would stare when you mentioned the rages of the gnome."

Her soft smile centered his quirky smirk, and he closed the door, wheeling the chair back into the hospital. The ride to his apartment was short and simple, nothing really exchanged. Awkward glances weren't given. She instead, laid against the head of the seat, gazing at Neptune. Not much had changed. It was still little old Neptune. Veronica half wondered, would she be able to come back?

Not for a short, simple stay to help her dad, but to actually come back forever. She had promised herself that Neptune wasn't her dream home--in fact she was convinced of this. Her hand was laying on the console in the middle, Logan's hand mildly interwined with her own. A sideways glance to him made everything just stop. He was Logan. Someone she could never change, and something she didn't want to. They're relationship wasn't perfect, beyond all means. But there was something there.

Upon arriving to his simple flat, she felt his presence behind her as he led her up the stairs, his hand guiding her lower back. The charm inside of the apartment represented Logan perfectly, reflecting his rooms in the past suite at the Neptune Grand, and even his room back at the Echoll's estate.

"Come here."

She had no choice, however, as he pulled her to the bedroom, a bag of her belongings already lying in the corner.

"I'm supposed to make you sleep for a couple of hours. So, there's the big bed. Now, sleep."

She eyed him carefully from in his embrace, giving him a questioning look.

"I'm not sure it works like that. See, you're suppose to throw the poisoned apple in there, and cackle as I fall the ground after taking a bite."

He kissed the top of her forehead, a smile forcing its way through. "Never did so well at the cackling part," Logan started, rubbing her sleeves gently.

It was a question whether both wondered what would happen next. Who would make the next move? Would there be a next move? Did she even feel that way about him? The questions were wiped out, however, as she leaned up, kissing him fully. A wave of anxiety and relief washed over her at the same time, and it was right. He inched his way around her body, taking notice to everything he seemed to be missing. And soon, the couple found themselves on the bed, void of sleep.

Did it always have to happen like this? Veronica was sure he probably had some people on the side. Logan always did. It was just, Logan. In between kisses, and the slow release of clothing, the question was asked.

"Where do you want to go?"

Her expression was soft and vivid as she looked at him, the blonde falling in tendrils around her face.

"What?"

He pushed the yellow hair out, taking full advantage of her blue-eyed gaze.

"I'm leaving Neptune. I'm gone. My job can put me in a couple of locations. If you're going to be there, just tell me where I need to go."

Veronica tried so hard to swallow the lump in her throat. Did he just say that? What was he doing? Was he absolutely crazy?

"Logan, calm down. We haven't seen each other in two years. It's been months since I've actually talked to you. What is this?"

He kissed the crook of her neck, much to her displeasure. Well, not really displeasure, but to her annoyance.

"Logan, I can't rely-"

"Don't leave me tonight." His words were soft and echoing.

She fell back into his arms, laying back in the sheets. His heartbeat racing off into her ear, she was torn. What would they do? What could she do? She wanted this, more than anything. That dysfunctional relationship she prayed could work.

"I can't go anywhere with you, Logan."

"Just tonight," He mumbled, rubbing intricate circles along her nude back.

"I can't promise for tomorrow," She vouched, capturing his gaze again.

As always, Logan showed no emotion as of to what she had said.

"I never liked to wake up to tomorrow."

Veronica sighed, digging into his chest. His grip around her tightened, and she felt light-hearted.

"Neither did I," she finished, closing her eyes.