Perfection

Chapter Thirty-four

Rexy was sat at his desk playing with the invitation card I had just handed to him. I sat down in front of my computer and began to type.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit soon to be getting married Aaron? I mean you didn’t even know him this time last year.” I smiled and looked up.

“I know, but when you know, you know, and I know Benny’s the one.” Rexy sighed, put the card down and looked over the computer screen at me. I smiled and walked over to his desk before sitting down next to his keyboard. “I was wondering if you wanted to be my best man?” He looked up at me with sad eyes and just smiled.

“Of course I would. You’re my best friend, I can’t let you do this all on your own.” I grinned and walked back to my own desk. I glanced up as I heard Rexy sigh.

“So, how’s your love life going?” Rexy looked up at me with cold eyes.

“It isn’t. I don’t have a love life. I have taken an involuntary vow of celibacy.” He sounded so angry as he spoke I was quite taken aback. “Sorry. I’m a little tense. The man I like is well and truly out of my reach for ever now, it getting me down a bit.” I smiled sadly at him.

“You shouldn’t give up all hope, I’m sure he’ll come round and see how wonderful you are soon.” He smiled sadly at me and shook his head. He looked back at his computer screen and sighed.

“No he’ll never be mine. I mean would you ever leave Ben because someone you had known forever was in love with you?” His eyes shone as he looked over at me. I shook my head and bit my lip. “I didn’t think so.” We worked in silence for a while. I wondered who this mystery man was. Who was able to stop Rexy’s stream of one night stands. I couldn’t help but feel slightly angry towards whoever it was, they were making my best friend act so out of character. They really couldn’t be worth all of his heart ache. My worries dissolved as an email for Ben appeared in my inbox.

Am choosing a venue. Which one?

I examined the pictures of the two country estates that were attached to the email. I couldn’t really see the difference. They were both grand and beautiful with long drive ways and high windows.

They both look lovely, I don’t mind which. whichever makes you happy.

I clicked send and the email was away. I still couldn’t really believe that I was getting married. I had never believed that it would ever happen to me. I smiled as I remembered how wonderful Ben had looked in his suit when we had gone to the fitting.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i finally update, please don't hate me for my lack of updates.

Comment to tell me you forgive me (or not)