Middle School. Do I Have To Deal With That?

Middle School. Do I Have To Deal With That?

Jan. 1, 2010

Okay, I am so sick and tired of people telling me that everyone's going to die in 2010! 'Oh no, we're gonna die in 2010!' or, 'Did you hear we're gonna die in 2010?'. UGH! I am sick of it! I really hate this. You see, I just moved to North Mountain Middle School, and everyone is telling me this. School started two days ago, and everyone is blabbing on how we're gonna die.

My name is Samantha, or Sam for short. I'm waiting for the teacher to finish up talking so we could tell our names and stuff. So I'm writing in here for a while. 2010... I don't know if we're going to die in 2010, I mean, I'm only 13. I don't wanna die, so I WILL not believe it. Ugh, the teacher is done. I'll write more later.


"Okay class, please tell us your name, your full name please." Our teacher, Mrs. Mason announced. She's my homeroom teacher, and for the last two days, everyone was just roaming around school. No introductions for a while until today. She choose out people one by one until I was called up. Last, thank god.

"Hi, my name is Samantha Martin, or Sam for short." I said. Mrs. Mason nodded and I sat down. A couple of girls to my right was murmuring and pointing at me for some reason. Once they had saw me looking at them, they quickly turned away. 'Strange people.'

"Okay class. For the next 10 minutes, you could talk, or draw. Or something that you would like to do. NOT destroy the school or the classes." Some kids groaned, and I smiled. I got back to writing in my journal.

Teachers shouldn't be so mean. Should they? Meh. I don't give a crap. ANYWAYS... There are these toys that my little cousin got, and she's always playing with them. It's a couple of Barbie Dolls. Ew. Okay four words. I. HATE. BARBIE. DOLLS. No seriously. I hate them. No lie.

Ugh, when she plays with them, I just want to wring their little heads off. But I wouldn't want to ruin my little cousin's fun, now would I? Nah... I'm not that mean. Or am I? Ha ha, just kidding.


"Whatcha doing?" A girly voice said. I turned around and saw the girls from earlier. I blinked twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

"Uh... nothing. Why are you asking me this?" I narrowed my eyes. I heard rumors that they were some of the popular kids. Or TPK for short.

"Oh nothing. We're were just wondering if you would like to come and sit with us during lunch."

"I guess." She smiled sweetly, and turned away. Her posse following her. I guess someone must've overheard our conversation because some dude just sat next to me and called my name. Boy these students sure have good memory.

"Hey, Sam." I looked at him.

"Hey, what's up." He looked at me wearily.

"Be careful of what you do and say to them, Sam. Since you're new, the popular kids will invite you to see what group you're going to belong in. The popular kids always do this. Whenever there's a new kid, or whenever there is a change in behavior from other kids who have been grouped all ready." He explained. I nodded my head, and said thanks for his warning. "Oh, by the way, I'm in the Jock Group." He added. He smiled, and headed back to his own seat. I made a little personal note in my journal telling to watch out.