What Can You Not Buy With Money?

Sex Trap

“No, I can see your nipples,” Lucy bluntly denied the silk red dress that I had on in the changing room.

I quickly covered my chest and my face turned red. “Lucy! You don’t need to be so blunt!”

“Mary, I’m just being honest,” Lucy put one arm on my shoulder, pulling me down to be at eyelevel with her. “You’re too classy for most of these dresses. And I’m the most valuable judge you’re ever going to need. Because one, I’ve got a vagina. And two, I’m raging with enough testosterone to think like a guy. If you’re going into a mansion with a ton of millionaires—most of them men—both young and old, you’ve got to give poor Walker a break. He’s already insecure about himself as it is.”

“Walker’s insecure?” I never noticed, but looking back I guess it would make sense. Lucy was with me at the mall, being my companion as I shopped for a dress for the ball. I had waited for the last minute to shop for one. The ball was in a matter of hours, and we were doomed to be late. I was mentally kicking myself for not finding the right dress for the past few weeks.

“Yeah, you kidding me? Who isn’t?” Lucy yawned and stretched. “You think this mall would have at least one decent dress. Something pretty but something that wouldn’t give me a hard on.”

I winced at Lucy’s vulgarity but at the same time I was internally laughing. “Well, here’s the last one.” I was in the changing room, removing the red sex trap off of me. The only dress that I hadn’t tried on was an unpromising gown. It was a pale champagne color, but I decided to give it a chance.

When I pulled on the dress, I struggled to reach the zipper. “Lucy?”

“I’m coming,” Lucy entered the dressing room and assisted me. When I went out to the many mirrors, I was surprised at how well the dress looked on me. Even Lucy nodded in approval. “You look good in it. Do we have a winner?”

I nodded, turning around carefully. “You think Walker will like it?”

“Hey, don’t talk like that.” Lucy put her hand on my shoulder. “What matters is do you like it?”

Despite Lucy’s constant criticism, she truly did care about my opinion. “Yes, I really do.”

“Then he’ll like it.”

>

Walker’s surprised expression was all the confidence boost I needed when I left the bathroom with Lucy. I was also impressed, his long blond curls were pulled back in a loose ponytail. It was the first time I saw him dressed in a tuxedo, fitting his frame well.

“You look—” Walker and I both spoke at the same time, and we started laughing.

Lucy rolled her eyes, but smiled. “All right, just remember the rules. First, condoms.” My face turned redder than Walker’s, for obvious reasons. “Second, if you guys are under the influence, get a taxi. And three, look both ways before crossing the street. Agreed?”

“Sure,” Walker gave the peace sign. “Well,” he took his arm around me, “We’ll see you later.”

I was appalled that Walker’s uncle had a limousine prepared to pick us up from the complex, and I admit I was excited for that night. Maybe just putting on a dress and having make up put on by a girlfriend has this psychological blessing over a girl. Yes, Lucy was the one who put on the ‘very light’ layer of makeup that painted my face. She was actually very steady with her hand and did a good job. She'd put a professional to shame.

And when I looked in the mirror, I thought I looked great. Maybe it was vain of me, but I liked how I appeared. I felt pretty, and I'm sure it’s a feeling everyone wants to experience at times.

We arrived at a beautiful property, where endless hedges all perfectly trimmed surrounded the campus. Fountains were neatly aligned and the lavished atmosphere brought a bittersweet remembrance in my mind.

“Your uncle’s got it made,” I mumbled and looked at Walker who was shaking his head.

“Yeah, I guess. Just wait until you meet him.”

I nodded, looking at the many icons of wealth were pouring out of the cars. But then a sudden epiphany slammed into my head like a blunt shovel. I turned my head and my body began to tremble out of nervousness. “Is Burgess going to be here? Or Bohr? Or the Slaters?”

Walker blinked then shook his head slowly. “They’ve never been invited to the balls. My uncle doesn’t really see eye to eye with technological corporations. He’s into oil.”

I let out a sigh of relief, but then another flash of paranoia swept me. Maybe it was because one small worry led to another. My emotions were a chain reaction. “What if he doesn’t like me? Is this a test or something?”

Walker was bemused by how I was fretting, and he took my hand. “Mary,” he whispered as he leaned over and kissed me slowly on the mouth. “You don’t have to worry about anything. This is our first date. It would make me sad if you aren’t happy tonight.”

I was quickly silenced, but then I took his hands in my own. “I’m sorry, I’ll be sad if I make you sad.”

Walker laughed, all the intensity he had expressed to change my mood had disappeared. “Okay, but we should keep this to ourselves for now. You see those people outside?” He gestured to the window as the limo went to a stop. “Those are journalists and paparazzi. And last time I checked you were quite the gossip target when you were Burgess’ assistant.”

“I was?” I wasn’t a stupid bimbo, but I felt like one at how little I knew. “I never really read those magazines.”

“Good. It’s a giant turn off.” Walker waited for the chauffer to open the door. “Here we go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated 7/5/10