‹ Prequel: South Of Nowhere.

Waste Of Time.

ten.

I woke up the next morning, calling into work sick. I was running on bare minimal sleep. I sighed and shoved the covers off my body, changing into a pair of flare jeans and an old rock concert t-shirt I got from my dad.

I went downstairs, making coffee. I checked my cellphone, seeing a couple missed calls from my mother. I poured myself coffee and went to go sit down when the doorbell rang. I raised my eyebrow, wondering who would be here.

I checked through the peep hole. It was Alex. I leaned down, wondering if I should let him in or not. Then I realized that my car was outside, and it was obvious I was home.

I opened the door.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" I snapped.
"Just came by to say hi." Alex smirked.
"I have work." I said dryly.
"And...?" Alex laughed.

I stepped aside, letting Alex in. I closed the door behind him and watched him go into the livingroom. I followed him, sitting next to him on the couch.

"What's the real reason you came by?" I questioned.
"I want to talk..about what's going on between us." Alex chuckled.
"Nothing." I spat.
"There is so obviously something." Alex rolled his eyes.
"And it's nothing serious." I continued.

Alex leaned back into the couch. He stared at the blank television. He pursed his lips. He looked mad.

"What do I have to do!" He exclaimed.
"Look, Alex." I sighed. "It's going to take time. I just can't hop back into a relationship with you." I said softly.

Alex stood up and began pacing the livingroom. He rubbed his face with his hands.

"I just want to prove to you that I've changed." Alex groaned.

I didn't have anything to say.

"I have to get ready for work." I lied.
"I'll see you later?" Alex asked.
"Yes." I nodded.

Alex gave me a hug and left. I sighed and sprawled onto the couch. This was going to be difficult. I knew how persistant Alex could be.

Alex's pov

I left Ellarie's house. I felt unaccomplished. I went in there, expecting Ellarie to drop at my feet when I asked her to get back with me.

I went to Jack's house, barging in. He was sitting on the couch in his underwear, a beer in between his legs.

"Dude!" Jack said, startled. "Do you have a home?" He joked.
"I was just at Ellaries." I sighed.
"And?" He raised his eyebrow.
"She's not wanting to get back into a relationship!" I exclaimed.
"Surprise." Jack said sarcastically.
"Shut up." I snapped.
"You can't expect her to get back with you, after what happened." Jack laughed.
"I'm really serious about it." I said sadly.
"Let me go get dressed. I have a plan."
♠ ♠ ♠
..blah.

anyone want a oneshot? i can get them done whenever, i have no school work. i'm free.