‹ Prequel: South Of Nowhere.

Waste Of Time.

two.

Jack and I went over to Zack's house, where he was holding a birthday party for his girlfriend. I felt rejected. Even though what I did two years ago was horrible, I figure she would be over it by now. But knowing most girls, they were over emotional and mentally unstable when it came to over coming something that happened years ago.

I stepped through the front door. My hangover was completely gone, and I was ready to get trashed and deal with it all over again. I greeted Zack with a man hug. Rian was in the living room, his girlfriend, Kara, was on his lap.

"How you been bro?" Zack asked, throwing a beer at me.
"Great. Guess who I ran into at the grocery store?" I said, cracking open the can.
"Who?" Zack laughed.
"Ellarie." I said dryly.

Zack popped the cap off his beer and took a gulp of it. He rested his hands on his waist and looked at me, deep in thought.

"What did she say?" He questioned.
"It's more what I said." I laughed nervously.
"Alex, you dumped her at our gig, in front of everyone! You made an ass out of yourself. Did you want her to talk to you? I'm surprised she didn't kill you on the spot." Zack rolled his eyes.

"I didn't do anything wrong. I thought it was very flattering to her." I winked.
"This is why you don't have a girlfriend." Zack scoffed, stalking off.

I finished my beer in the kitchen and went for the bottle of vodka in the cabinet. People were showing up at around seven. It was six thirty now. I poured half a cup of it and mixed a can of Dr. Pepper in with it.

"Why hello there, Alex." A feminine voice spoke, rubbing my shoulder.

I mixed my drink and turned around, seeing my latest hook up, Jessica. She bit her lip and smirked up at me.

"Hey Jessica." I smiled, swinging my arm around her shoulder.

I walked out to the living room. Zack turned up the music and set up a beer pong table down stairs in the basement. Jessica rubbed my chest with her hand suggestively, looking up at me. I sipped on my vodka, regretting ever fucking her.

"You wanna go upstairs?" Jessica asked, biting her lip.
"It's only seven o' clock." I said, grinning.
"Great way to start off a party, huh?" She said, slipping her hand in mine.

We passed Zack as he was coming up from the basement.

"Stay away from my parents bedroom!" Zack yelled at me.

I turned around while Jessica led me up the stairs. I thrusted my hips jokingly and pointed at Jessica.

"You are disgusting." Zack laughed, walking off.

Ellarie's POV

I threw my work uniform into the back seat of my car. I started the ignition while trying to warm my self up. I leaned my head against the rest and closed my eyes. I couldn't believe I saw Alex today. I wanted to crawl over the counter, rip his head off, and shove it down his throat.

I pulled out of the parking space and tucked my bangs behind my ear. I was still mad as hell at Alex. He humiliated me. He made me feel used. If I knew his intentions, I would have been gone within the first few days of our relationship. I was too caught up in his boyish charm to look aside from it. I was stupid.

The sun was setting, casting a orange hue across the sky. Today was first day I had gotten off early in the past few weeks. I stopped at a red light and checked my black berry, glancing up at the light every once in awhile.

I had three text messages and two missed calls. The two missed calls were from Jack. I had nothing against Jack, in fact, I still talked to him every once in awhile. I refused to be around him when Alex was around.

I called Jack. Pressing the phone against my ear. I drove home. I passed the venue that Alex dumped me at. My stomach lurched. I clenched my jaw.

"Hello?" Jack answered.
"Hey, you called?" I asked, rubbing my forehead.
"Yeah, uh, Zack's throwing a party tonight. You're invited." Jack said excitedly.
"Jack... You know I don't want to be around the scum." I laughed.
"Then stay away from him. I just want to spend time with you!" Jack squealed.
"I think I'm just going to go to bed." I told Jack.
"Please?" He begged.
"No." I shook my head, pulling into the driveway of my house.
"Ellarie, you can't stay locked up in your house forever because you're afraid you will run into Alex. You choose, wanna have fun? Or do you want to worry about the asshole who dumped you, all the time? It's time to get him off your mind. You're pick." Jack said.

The dial tone sounded and I ended the call. I grabbed my work uniform and shoved my phone into my back pocket. I locked up my car and walked up to the front door. I stuck my key in the lock and kicked off my shoes.

I threw my uniform into the washing machine.

I didn't know what I wanted to do. I was afraid that I was going to get drunk, and sleep with Alex. I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want to feel used again. It was one of my worst nightmares.

I turned on my straightener. Tonight, I was going to have fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi. thanks for the comments. (: