No Music... Ever!

Introduction to the 3086 world

Hello, the year is 3086 and in this time there is no music or religion. This is my journal and I'm considered an outlaw. I could be put to death just thinking about music, but they can't read thoughts... Yet.

I thought that if I sent this back, it might change things, my friends told me it could change for the worse, but I have hope that it'll fix what went wrong.

***

In 2640 several hundred people thought the world was going to end. They believed that since it's divisible by 3, 6, and 11, surely the world was gonna be over. When it didn't, they fucking blew themselves up (I'm allowed to be mad, this is when they outlawed religion... Then music 'cause they still had hymns. Stupid fuckers. ). Later that year they decided organized religion was the cause of the deaths. The president blew himself up too, by the way.

***

That was 446 years ago, they still haven't allowed music and they banned everything to do with it. No instruments, no singers, and not even allowing you to tap your foot while you wait; you can get a fine for that. But there were a few people that weren't about to give up their religion or their music, 'cause they were basically the same thing. We're known as the Green Dayist's. No, we don't worship Green Day as gods; we just follow their examples. We all learned to play music and we enjoy writing it, too. There were three main factions of Green Dayism, Dirntists, BJists, and Tréists.

I grew up a Dirntist. I played bass, but I could also play several other instruments. Unfortunately all my instruments were over 446 years old. The same with all the others, our instruments were old, but we could still play them. We all knew how to play every Green Day song by heart. Of course we know other bands, but I can't mention those. Their people will get mad at me.

***

Well, to start off, my story...

There are three of us, (I'll use our nicknames) BJ who is me, Dirnty who's my bass player, and Miss Cool who's my drummer. I play the guitar and I'm the lead singer. I may be a Dirntist, but that doesn't mean I have to play the bass all the time. Actually I look a lot like Billie Joe, even though I'm a girl and I don't have green eyes.

I have black short messy hair, black-brown eyes, and kinda pale skin and people sometimes mistake me for a guy, it's not my fault I wear cargo pants all the time. My bassist, Dirnty, has short brown hair and blue-gray eyes. He's beautiful... Er... If one of you makes a time machine, don't you ever tell him I said that. He looks a lot like Mike Dirnt. He's tall and skinny and I'm short and skinny. My wondrous drummer girl is well insane, Miss Cool, has crystal blue eyes, has her hair in a faux hawk all the time, and doesn't look a damn thing like Tré, but she can sure as hell play like him.

These three are my band and I'm making it my mission to bring back music. I hope we can do it.

***

Dirnty here, she wants us to what!? Actually it sounds like... Dangerous fun! Oh, don't tell her I hacked into her journal thing. She thinks I'm beautiful? Oh, I think I'm in love! Wait... No time machines from you people, right? 'Cause we've only got two, one happens to be old, I just don't know how old... I think I'm gonna enjoy this. Hehe, we get to mess the government. Okay, bye.