Sequel: Another Chance.

Say You'll Haunt Me.

Nine.

“Jimmy, you need to move on,” a sweet, gentile voice called out. Jimmy didn’t answer, he just continued staring into the small, circular pool. The water in the pool was smooth, but he was staring at it like it was a television.

“Jimmy, you can’t stay here forever,” she called again. She suddenly appeared next to him, though it was hard to make out what she looked like. Her hair was long and golden, and her long, flowing dress was stunningly white.

“I’m not leaving.” His voice was stern, stubborn. He made it clear he had no intentions of ever moving from that spot, staring into the pool of crystal clear water.

The angelic woman let out a sigh. “She’ll be fine without you, James.”

She moved her hand from her side to his shoulder, and he quickly moved away from her. He stared up at her, his beautiful blue eyes rimmed with tears. “Look at her, she’s been crying her eyes out for almost a day straight. She can’t even speak. She will not be fine.”

“Yes she will. Your friends are alright, are they not?”

Jimmy didn’t answer, he continued to glare daggers at the woman. His eyes wandered towards the pool of water again, and this time, it was visible to see a girl, bawling her eyes out in Zacky’s arms. It looked as if he didn’t know how to comfort her.

“She’ll be just fine, now come now, to the gates of the afterlife.”

“I don’t believe you.”

The corners of the woman’s mouth curled up in a smile. “Of course I’m being honest. I’m an angel, James. We don’t lie.”


I shot up from my bunk. I almost ended up hitting my face off of the side, due to losing my balance after sitting up so fast. I shivered and pulled my blankets up to my face and wiped away the tears that had formed while I was asleep.

“Flare, are you okay?” Zacky pulled back the curtains on my bunk. I looked at him, before wiping away another tear.

“Nightmare,” I mumbled. “I’m good now, thank you.”

Zacky gave me a weak smile and pulled the curtains closed once more.

---

“What was up with that dream last night?” Jimmy asked, as he sat on a speaker.

“Jason is gonna have to move that, you’re going to have to move,” I replied, avoiding the question. I tapped my drum sticks against the wall, hoping he’d realize I was trying not to answer.

He scrunched up his nose. “I don’t technically weigh anything. Maybe, I’ll enjoy my ride on the speakers.” He stuck his tongue out at me and I let out a breath I didn’t even realize I was holding. “But, really. What was up with the dream?”

Damn it.

“I had a nightmare.” Short and vague. Good answer.

“What was it about?”

“I really don’t remember,” I answered, lying through my teeth. I hated lying to him, but really, how was I supposed to tell him I saw him in heaven? That will just go over great.

He shrugged. “Have I ever told you you’re really good at playin’ the drums?”

“No. I didn’t think you ever heard me play. You always disappear after shows.”

He smiled at me. “Well, I think you’re amazing.”

“I’m not that good at playing...”

“That time, I wasn’t talking about the drumming.”

---

“Thank you, good night, Washington!” Matt screamed, before we all got off stage. I felt so gross after the show. I don’t know why, but I really, desperately needed a shower. I grabbed my hoodie from the back and told the guys that I was walking to the hotel we were staying at. They said not to get abducted and we said our goodbyes.

As I walked in the cold, Washington air, Jimmy was suddenly walking with me. I felt myself smile at his presence.

“Where did you disappear off to?”

“Oh, you know, no where, actually,” he responded. I looked over at him and stuck my tongue out at him.

“What a shitty answer, James.”

He shrugged. “It’s the best answer I got.”

“Being sneaky, are we?” I asked, before laughing slightly.

He smiled in reply, but didn’t answer. It made my paranoia kick in. What if he disappeared and went to heaven? Or nirvana. Or whatever afterlife there is. I wasn’t ready for that.

I didn’t want him to disappear forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
739.
My writing keeps getting shorter and shorter.
I need to get out of the habit of writing drabbles >.<
Comments = faster updates. ;P