Status: In progress.

Detention

day two.

The next day was relatively easy; I passed my Algebra test and got the problem of the day question right, so I got a lollipop. Anyway, last period was Mr. Cena's class. I can't say I wasn't a little excited. Or maybe I was nervous - I couldn't tell the difference. I walked in, catching his eye. He flashed a smile. I grinned back at him, sitting in my seat in front of the room. The class went on normally, and the last ten minutes we had to ourselves to talk. Someone yelled out a curse across the room at some point.

"No cursing in my class room." Mr. Cena barked, silencing every voice in the room immediately. Slowly, they began talking again, a lot quieter. I gave him a look of confusion, head tilted. He winked at me, smiling. Guess he has favorites.

I kinda like thinking of myself as one of his favorites, too.

Image

"Hey, hey." I said, walking in. He looked up from the desk.

"Hello." He nodded. I placed my bag down, rolling my shoulders.

"God, I hate carrying that thing." I said, frowning. "Stupid books."

"Books help you learn." He said dully. I rolled my eyes.

"I've learned for 19 years. I learned enough." He snorted.

"Yeah, okay."

"You don't think I know everything?"

"No one knows everything."

"Ask me something."

"30 x 45."

"1350." I said instantly, cocking an eyebrow. His furrowed.

"Is that right?"

"Maybe." I sang, hopping on the end of the desk. He dug a calculator out of the desk, punching the numbers in.

"Wow." He looked back at me. "How'd you know that?"

"My brain is a built in calculator." I shrugged.

"You're a smart girl." He said, dropping the math tool back into the drawer. "You shouldn't be in here."

"Well, I am." I sighed. "For good reason."

"Mmhm." He frowned. "I talked to her today, you know."

"Did you now?" I smirked. "And? What do you think of that darling woman?"

"Don't even get me started." He groaned. "I know you said she was bad, but..."

"Exactly." I hissed, jumping down. "I shouldn't be in here. I was provoked." He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever you say."

"I'm an angel, thank you." I grinned. His eyebrow rose.

"Right." He chuckled. I gasped, shoving his shoulder.

"Jerk."

"What did you just call me?" He became serious. I flinched.

"I-I, uh.." I stuttered, face flushing. The fuck did this come from?

"You dare insult me? Who do you think you are?" He loomed over me. I blinked, gaping.

"I didn't...I just.." I stopped, inspecting his face. "You fucking asshole!" I exclaimed. "I thought you were serious!" He was laughing at me. "Shut up!"

"That was funny. Angel my ass." He grinned. "You just called legit called me a fucking asshole."

"I did." I nodded. "For good reason." I pushed past him, grabbing the chalk. "Douche bag."

"I'm still your teacher."

"Whatever." I doodled a few meaningless things on the board. "You're just not like my other teachers."

"What's so different?"

"Oh, I don't know." I looked at him. "They don't curse maybe? There's no way in hell I'd get way with calling them names. You're awesome, Mr. Cena, very awesome." His cheeks tinted pink.

"Well, thanks." He smiled. "You're pretty awesome, too."

This is gonna be an easy two weeks, alright.