Status: In progress.

Detention

day four.

"I need your help." I stumbled in, dragging an easel behind me. He looked up, eyebrow raising.

"I thought you were cutting." He stood, walking over. He lifted the easel with ease, taking it toward the desks. With his free hand, he cleared room before setting it down.

"You know." I started. "You should of stuck with the wrestling. You're pretty strong." I poked his arm. He swatted me away.

"What do you need help with?"

"Well." I sighed. "We have to draw a bunny for art class-" His laughter cut me off.

"You can't draw a rabbit?"

"Shut up." I blushed. "Scuse me for not being an artist, Mr. Perfect." I frowned. His smile stayed.

"I'm not gonna draw the whole thing."

"I'm not asking you to." I mocked his voice. He rolled his eyes. I picked up my pencil, turning to the blank paper. "Should I start with the body or head?"

"Head." So I started, biting my lip. I messed up numerous times, and turned to him, frowning.

"Help." He sighed, smiling slightly as he stood behind me. He took my hand that had the pencil, leading it across the page. I blushed furiously, praying he couldn't see how red I was.

Image

It took the whole detention period, but the bunny was finished. And, dare I say it, it was awesome. I grinned brightly at him. "Thanks!" I beamed. "This is totally gonna get me an A."

"Oh, totally." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"I never get A's in art. That's how much I suck." He scoffed.

"You just drew that." He waved his hand at the paper.

"You helped."

"Barely." He looked up, to the clock. "Time for you to get home, artist extraordinaire."

"Already?" I frowned slightly. "Time flies, I guess." I rolled the paper up, putting in my bag before slinging it over my shoulder.

"I'll walk you out." He pulled his jacket on.

"Okay." I grinned, waiting. As we reached the parking lot, I turned to him. "Thanks, again."

"No problem." He smiled. I hesitated before leaning in and giving him a quick, extremely brief hug.

"See ya tomorrow." I mumbled, turning to leave. His strong hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, turning me. He was holding me against him. I just stood there, arms pinned to my sides. After a moment, I realized he wasn't letting go, so I hugged him back. His gripped relaxed, became less urgent. He took a step back. I did the same, blushing.

"Yeah." He nodded. "See you." He got in his car quickly. I stood still, watching him drive off. A moment later, my mom drove up, beeping me out of trance.

"You alright?" She asked as I climbed in.

"Uhm, yeah." I smiled. "I'm perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bunny :D

the ending was so cheesy! :)