The Exchange Student

Life On The Road

"Whose bright idea was it to wake up at four-thirty in the frickin' morning?"

"Our parents."

"Well, your parents are lame."

If I wasn't so tired, I'd probably laugh at mine and Alysa's exchange.

Alysa didn't really mean our parents were lame:

We all had to get up at a certain time to get to get ready, load the bus, and be out on the road by six o' clock.

"And who was it that really wanted to go on tour with us?" I asked, and Alysa glared at me while I grinned.

"Shut up, Joseph." Alysa grumbled before going over to Christina and Danielle, while I went over Ishani, who was helping Kevin and Nick get stuff in the lower-half of the bus.

"Morning, everyone." I said, and Ishani gave me a smile.

"Hey." she stated, and I glanced at her.

"So, excited?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Totally!" she explained, and I laughed.

"That's good."

When the last of the luggage was in it's place, me, Kevin, Joe, and Ishani all said good-bye to Frankie, Mom, and Dad.

"Maybe when you are near, we can come and visit you." Mom said, and I saw Ishani's eyes brighten.

I learned that her and Mom had become really close, and that was great.

"Cool." I said, and after saying good-bye to Frankie (he really wanted to come, but Mom and Dad told him after the concert in Los Angles, he could come with), we all loaded the bus.

"When is Greta coming?" Christina asked, and I looked quickly at Ishani.

She was chatting with Alysa and Danielle, so I looked back at Christina.

"She'll meet us in Texas." I replied, and Christina bit her lower lip.

I sighed.

"Not you too..." I trailed off, and Christina shook her head.

"I'm sorry. When I heard she was coming on tour, she probably heard about Ishani, and well...."

I shook my head.

"Don't worry. Our mom told us to watch out for Ishani."

Christina nodded, and went to go join Nick over at the booth.

I decided to go look for Ishani, and I found her sitting in the room that was claimed as the girl's room for the tour.

"Hey. I wondered where you went." I stated, and Ishani gave me a smile.

"I kind of wanted to be by myself for a while. Being with people can be a little tiring."

I grinned.

"I suppose you're right. Well, I'll leave you alone then."

I walked out of the room, and I ran into Alysa.

She had a scowl on her face.

"Alysa, what's the matter?" I asked.

"Greta." she said simply, and I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked again.

"She called me, and she said she'd be meeting us at an near by gas station. She didn't leave Los Angles until we did." Alysa said coldly, and I shook my head.

"But she said she'd meet us in Texas!" I replied, and Alysa rolled her eyes.

"Don't be thick-headed! It's obvious that she wants to see you, Joe."

I glanced down at the ground.

I then looked up at Alysa.

"Oh." I commented.

"I just wanted to let you know." Alysa explained before walking away.

I then looked in the direction of Ishani's room.

She already knew that Greta was coming with on tour, but she didn't excately knew that Greta had a change of plans.

I sighed, and re-joined everyone else in the main part area.

Alysa looked up at me, and frowned.

Kevin, Nick, Christina, and Danielle just looked at me.

"So, change of plans?" I asked, and Kevin nodded.

"Greta's meeting us at a gas station before we hit Texas. Apparently she found out about Ishani." Kevin told me, and I looked at him.

"This is crazy." I muttered.

"This isn't crazy. This is typical, normal ex-girlfriend behavior." Danielle pointed out, and I groaned silently to myself.

I just wanted a normal tour for once, but apparently that wasn't going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama's building up fast! Enjoy, and happy reading!