The Exchange Student

The Good-bye Letter

For a week, I stayed on the bus.

I didn't want to see Joe, or Greta, in that matter.

When everyone came back, they said Joe wanted to see me, but I didn't want to see him.

"I heard you almost killed Joe Jonas. Way to go, mate!" Marissa stated, and I frowned.

"It's not funny, Marissa." I told her.

"Sorry....but, Ishani, it's not your fault." Marissa resurred me, and I felt the tears building up again.

"Marissa, I almost killed him!" I replied, and Marissa shook her head over the phone.

"You did not, Ishani. He's alive, right? He wouldn't save you if he knew he would get hurt. It'd be worse if you got hurt and he didn't."

I nodded at her statement.

"Still...." I trailed off, and I sighed.

What if this happens again?

It wasn't fair to Joe or the rest of the Jonas family.

"Ishani? Are you still there?" I heard Marissa's ask.

"I am....I'm just thinking....I might as well come back home."

"What? Ishani, have you gone completely mental?" Marissa asked, and I shook my head.

"What if this happens again? Then it's not fair to Joe or the rest of the family if I stayed. This happened because of me, so don't say it's not my fault."

"If you're sure, Ishani." Marissa said.

"I am." I responded.

We said good-bye, and I frowned.

I might be crazy, but I didn't want this to happen again.

I didn't want Joe hurt again, once he got released from the hospital.

I saw a stack of paper, and a pen beside it on a table, and I took a sheet of paper, and the pen--

"Hey, Ishani. What's up?"

I saw Nick and Christina standing in the door-way.

I gave them a small smile.

"Nothing...just writing Joe a get well card."

Christina looked at me.

"You know, Ishani...you haven't seen him all week. He really misses you."

Now I felt guilty about wanting to go home.

"I will. Don't worry." I replied, and they both nodded as they left.

I glanced down at the paper in front of me.

Biting my lower lip, I thought:

Sorry, Joe....I'm really sorry....

I didn't want to leave Joe and the rest of the Jonas clan, but I had too.

If I wasn't around, then this wouldn't happen again.

I know for a fact that it hasn't been proven who lit the building on fire, but I didn't want anyone else getting hurt--especially Joe.

With the pen in my hand, I started to write:

Dear Joe and Family....
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only two chapters left, and then this story is over. I'm glad people enjoyed this story! Enjoy, and happy reading!