‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Leavin'

I didn't call Jesse back, mainly since I was tired and still had a day of competition left. I figured I'd call him or talk to him tomorrow since I was finally going back to work. Not to mention, I was soon seeing Kyle off with my dad and Caleb which I just didn't want anyone to put their issues in the way of that.

Competition in which I was so feeling the pain of the scars on my wrists. They were still raw as I landed each jump or trick which wasn't the best feeling in the world. Each time I did land or go to add more gas, it felt like they split open all over again.

But pain is temporary, especially with morphine which is what I was running on now. Just don't let Ryan know since he doesn't know I've been taking it for the pain. I was addicted or anything, I just felt bad taking it since to me, it made me feel like I couldn't deal with it. The competition ended at 3, just in time to make it to the bus with Caleb as Kyle stood outside it with my dad.

"Sy!" Kyle seen me and he smiled, "I didn't think you'd make it."
"Me? Miss seeing my little brother leave?" I smirked with an eye roll, "Wouldn't want to miss that."
"Thanks," He smiled as he talked to Caleb a bit as he gave him a "man" hug which I had to roll my eyes.
"And you Sy," Kyle smiled, "Even though we didn't grow up together or know each other that long, thanks for being a kick ass big sister."
"No prob," I shrugged with a smile, "But that look is something that tells me dad hates hearing you swear."
"What parent doesn't?" He questioned with a laugh.
"Not a clue," I shook my head.
"But seriously," Kyle looked at me, "Thanks for everything. For teaching me to ride, the competitions, the friendships, the traveling. I'll be back to do more of it."
"You better," I smiled, "If not I'd so have to come find you and kick your ass."
"Yeah."
"Come here," I pulled Kyle into a hug as few tears escaped my eyes, "You listen to whatever they tell you, stay out of trouble, and be good."
"I will," He smiled as he wiped a quick tear out of my eye, "Take care of dad for me?"
"Always," I smiled as he nodded, "And you better keep in touch with me somehow."
"Promise," He smiled at me then nodded at Ryan, "Take care of her and my nephew."
"I will," Ryan smiled as I wrapped my arms around Ryan's middle as his free arm went around me.

After watching Kyle leave, we all went back home which I was still sad about but Ryan was supportive since he knew it would've been hard.

"You going to be ok?" Ryan asked as he put Tyler in his bouncer.
"I will," I nodded as I sat on the couch as he sat next to me, "Just today was hard, and you can't help but to worry about him."
"I know," He kissed my head lightly.
"Don't worry about me," I smiled at him, "I'll be fine by tonight."
"No rush," Ryan smiled at me, "If you need time, you need time."

The rest of the day, we spent playing with Tyler when Ryan said he'd give him a bath as that gave me time to prove to Ryan that I still loved him a lot. I knew he knew it but still I've been so busy with everything, I haven't spent the time with him that I wanted to. I was in our bedroom, finding music to put on the stereo as I dimmed the lights, only lighting a few candles in which I smiled at how it looked down.

"Well he was tired," Ryan mentioned as he walked through the door to see everything.
"Sy?"
"What?" I questioned as I went to sit on the bed.
"I thought you were upset?" He questioned as I shrugged.
"I was but I just needed some time alone a bit. I'm better now."
"And this is ok?" Ryan asked as he crawled onto the bed with me.
"Yeah," I nodded as he slowly pushed me back into the soft mattress.
"Promise?"
"Of course," I smiled as his lips crashed into mine as I smiled into the kiss.

I slowly tugged at Ryan's shirt as it moved up his body as the kiss didn't break once. I finally pulled Ryan's shirt off as I threw it to the floor as he worked on moving his hands up my shirt as his kisses were traveling down my neck. I felt him slowly bit my neck as I let out a soft moan as I moved a bit under him to help him get my shirt off.

As Ryan's kisses got lower, he slowly started to slide off my active wear pants when my phone on the dresser rang in which Ryan let out a ragged sigh.

"Dont you dare answer it," He mentioned as he brought his kisses up to my neck again.
"I couldn't if I wanted to," I giggled as I tried to hide the other moan that was trying to escape my throat.
"Good," He mumbled as he went back to what we had started.

In the morning, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing again as I squinted to make things out from my sleep. Ryan was still close to me as I stretched to shiver at the coldness of the air on my bareskin.

"Hello?" I asked as I listened to the other end of the phone.
"Finally you answer," Jesse mentioned as I rubbed my eyes.
"Sorry, I was busy," I yawned.
"Hey, can you get to the lab this morning?"
"I was planning on it."
"No, I mean early."
"Um, I guess, why?"
"Your case, there's some things I wanted to go over with you."
"Fine," I yawned, "I'll see you soon."

I got up a few minutes later, to get dressed as Ryan watched me.

"Damn it," I looked in the mirror as I took out my cover up.
"What?" Ryan asked as I glared at his reflection.
"I've got a love bite is what."
"I'm sorry," Ryan laughed.
"Sure you are."
"Seriously," Ryan sat up in bed a bit as I looked at him.
"Uh huh," I walked over to him as I finished, "I've got to go. Take care of Tyler for me since morning?"
"Yeah," He nodded as I kissed him on the cheek quickly, "I'll see you at work."
"Of course," I smiled at him as I grabbed my keys.