‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Just a bit dizzy

"What?" My eyes opened wide as I felt my pulse race as I waited for him to explain.
"I'm just saying," He shrugged as I looked at him now.
"And who would be pregnant? You?"
"Sylar, it's just an idea."
"Which always leads to you going foreward with said idea."
"Is it bad?" He asked.
"Right now?" I stood up slowly, "I'm tired, cranky, sore, everything, so I'd say yeah."
"And moody."
"Don't start," I gave him a look as he backed down a bit.
"I get it, it's a bad time."
"Just," I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair, "I need some time to think ok? Mainly just sleep."
"You go rest," He smiled as he stood up to kiss me, "We'll talk about it later?"
"Yeah," I smiled lightly as I headed back to the bedroom and passed out.

That was Monday morning, now it was Wednesday and we haven't really talked about the kid situation much. Every time Ryan starts, I tune him out but then it always ends up with us both in bed, tangled up in each other.

Now that it was Wednesday and I was leaving for Tampa on Friday night for my last competition, I felt like complete and total hell. My head hurt and swam, I was tired, I couldn't shake the feeling. Not to mention being completely dizzy and I still had to get my dress refitted for the wedding in 9 days, after work.

"You don't look so hot," Natalia smiled as she walked into trace where I was at as my head was against the table.
"I don't feel like it either," I mumbled as I slowly brought my head up as she looked at me.
"You don't look pale or anything," She shrugged.
"Still, I have this overwhelming sensation to throw up everything I ate for the past week."
"Well I hope you're not getting sick," She gave me a smile as I leant back in the chair, "I mean it's almost your wedding and then honeymoon."
"I know," I groaned as it felt as if it was getting hotter, "Is it hot in here?"
"Why don't you go get some fresh air," Natalia smiled lightly, "I'll finish running this for you."
"Thanks," I smiled at her as I got up slowly then walked out the door to be greeted by a bright sun which wasn't helping things right now.

I tried to close my eyes to the brightness that was coming to me but it wasn't working. I seriously didn't feel like puking either as I did everything possible to stop the reflex from happening. I swallowed hard as I slowly went to stand again, hoping that maybe walking could get rid of the feeling.

"This sucks," I leant against the wall with a mumble as Ryan walked up the stairs as he looked at me.
"Sylar?"
"Hey," I tried my best to smile as he walked over to me.
"Are you ok?"
"No," I shook my head, "I swear to god, I feel like I'm just spinning and spinning and dude, I've got to stop describing that to you or I will puke."
"Maybe you should go home?" He gave me a sympathic look as I shrugged.
"I'll be fine," I smiled at him as he gave me another look.
"You didn't wake up like that."
"I know," I nodded slowly, "It's just someone brought in a breakfast sandwich thing and it got me all dizzy."
"Well if you need to go home."
"I will," I gave him a light smile, "If I need to."
"Alright," He nodded, "I'll see you later. Walter paged me."
"Have fun," I smiled at him as he went inside as I slowly pulled myself up from my spot then headed back in the building.

I went back to check on my trace that I had been running on Drake's case which Natalia had finished up for me. I walked into the room to see her smile at me.

"Hey, are you feeling better?"
"A little, but I'll be fine," I shook my head as she handed me the piece of paper.
"This is from the fibers that were pulled off Drake's shirt from the fight he got in," She watched me look at the results, "I ran it through DNA for since it had just enough."
"You didn't have to," I smiled at her as I watched the smile grow on her face.
"Don't worry about it. I know how much Drake meant to you."
"Thank you."
"I couldn't find a match at first to the DNA, so I expanded my search further out, international and I came up with this," She handed me a piece of paper as I looked over the writing as my heart stopped at the name, "Do you know the name?"
"Yeah," I read it over and over again, "Do me and favor and don't mention this to anyone."
"Why?" She asked as she looked at me, "What's going on?"
"Just keep this on the down low for the time being, ok?"
"Ok," She nodded as I walked towards the door.
"Thanks, Natalia," I mentioned as I headed towards a room in which I sat the file down on the table to read it and the results over again.

Half of me was relieved that it wasn't the killer I had been following but then other half wasn't. Only so because it was the DNA of my only one actual enemy, Marco. Marco was the one who had gotten Drake's girlfriend of the time, Eve, to cheat on him. It didn't hurt that Eve wanted nothing more to hurt Drake, just for a laugh. It wasn't looking good for Marco either since both me and Jesse knew that Marco was hiding something. Something that we were bound to find out with all these new things that were being uncovered and little did I know it would involve some heartbreak.

"Hey," Ryan popped into the room which caused me to jump which he noticed, "You ok?"
"Yeah fine," I smiled at him as I turned my full body to him, "What's up?"
"Calleigh's been looking for you," He crossed his arms at me, "Something about needing your language skills in the field."
"Where is she?"
"Talking to Eric out front," He nodded.
"Thanks," I smiled as I stood up quickly, "Oh and I've got that dress fitting tonight, so I'll be home late."
"I know," He smiled as I walked past him, "I'll save bath time for you."
"Gee, lucky me," I rolled my eyes as I headed out the door, forgetting to close or take the files on the table with me.