‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Breathe

I got my dress fitted again which I happened to lose weight which I was glad about but still, I was getting sick every morning. It made my heart race too since I had this gut feeling that I knew what it was but I was hoping it wasn't since I still had this competition and then the honeymoon after the wedding.

But today, today I had the afternoon off since I was put on night shift duty with Jesse. They had some case they were working where they extra help so Jesse and I both got drafted for that. I couldn't sleep though since I still had Tyler.

Jesse also said he was going to come over at noon to give me, my wedding gift from him, he just didn't say what it was or anything.

"Well Tyler, it looks like we're just waiting for Jesse now," I smiled at the kid playing on the floor as he made baby noises.

I sat on the couch to watch him as I was on nerves since I bought a pregnancy test earlier in the morning but was debating if I should actually take it or not. Finally, after my nerves got the best of me, I decided to run to the bathroom to quickly take the test then came back out to wait with Tyler who was still oblivous to the fact.

"Well Tyler," I sighed as I picked at my chipped nail polish, "You might be a big brother sooner than I expected."

Those 10 minutes went on like 10 hours. I was waiting for the alarm to go off which I was on nerve as Tyler rolled around his blanket as music played quietly in the background.

As I heard the beeping of the alarm I set, I went to pick up Tyler with a smile as he giggled at me making him "fly" through the house.

"You need a diaper change, don't you?" I questioned with a smile, "Yes you do."

Tyler laughed until he got set down on the changing table in which he hated being changed. He was extremely fussy, kicking his feet and crying as I went to change his diaper.

"Oh, I know," I looked at him as I changed his diaper, "You don't like being changed but you're soaked kid."

He let out a whine as I changed his diaper then tossed the old one before putting new clothes on him then picking him back up.

"See, now you're all dry," I smiled at him as he played with my hair, "Mommy's just got to check something real quick then you can play in your bouncer while I get the diaper bag."

I carried Tyler back to the bathroom with me, in which I slowly went to look at the test, holding my breath all the while. I walked slowly to the sink to look at the stick that was about to show me my fate. Quickly I closed my eyes then opened, hoping that it would read negative. As I opened my eyes slowly, I picked up the stick to read the results on it.

"Great," I sighed as I looked at the little sign saying postive, "I'm pregnant again."

I heard Tyler make a sound as I looked at him with a smile then went to finish getting the diaper bag around. By time I was finished with that, it was closer to noon and Jesse was at the front door like he said he would be.

"Hey," Jesse smiled as I opened the door with Tyler, "Ready to go?"
"Yeah sure," I nodded at him, "Wait, go?"
"That's part of your gift," He smirked at me, "We've got to go pick it out."
"What?"
"Well now that I've said too much," He laughed as I let him in to get the diaper bag, "I can't tell you the rest."
"No fair," I laughed as we headed to Ryan's car since it had the car seat and he took my car.
"Well we've got to keep somethings interesting," He laughed as I placed Tyler in the car seat, "Don't forget we're night shift tonight."
"Ssh, maybe they'll forget," I smiled as I handed Tyler his rattle then got in the driver's seat.

"You know, I never thought you'd be someone who'd drive a car like this," Jesse joked as I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not but Ryan took my car and the car seat's in his," I pulled out of the driveway, "I get to take mine tonight."

Jesse finally told me the directions to where he was going in which I ended up at a motorcycle shop as I gave him a strange look.

"Since you're getting married and you'll probably end up getting a million dishes and what not. I figured you could use something that I know you'll love," He smiled as he got out of the car as I followed but went to get Tyler.
"Which is?"
"A new racing bike," He smiled as my eyes lit up.
"No way."
"Yes way," He laughed as I gave him a look.
"But how can you afford it?" I questioned as he shrugged.
"You deserve it," He smiled, "With as much as I've missed out on and done to you. It's my way of showing that I now support my best friend."
"Thank you," I rushed over to hug him as he laughed.
"Don't mention it," He smiled, "Now let's get Tyler and head inside."

We headed inside as I found the perfect red and black bike with flames which I fell in love with. Jesse paid for it and the guy said I could get it by next week which I was stoked about since by then it'd have all my sponsors and what not that needed to be on it. After getting the bike, Jesse took the two of us out to lunch in which I sat down to be struck by the fact that I was pregnant again.

"You ok?" Jesse asked as I looked at him shaking my head.
"No, I'm fine. Just dazing."
"Yeah, that's not the look of someone who was just dazing," Jesse nodded at me as the waiter brought us our food, "What is it?"
"You have to promise to tell no one, not even Ryan this."
"What?"
"Well, me and Ryan started talking about maybe having another kid just this week," I started, "And I wasn't so sure about it but then I got sick yesterday but it wasn't really sick."
"Morning sickness?" Jesse questioned as I nodded.
"I know it's not from the past couple days."
"So you're saying-"
"I'm pregnant again," I sighed as Jesse looked at me, "And it just sucks because I don't know what to tell Ryan or how to tell him yet."
"Just tell him," Jesse shrugged as I shrugged.
"Yeah, I don't know. I'm scared."
"Don't be," He looked at me, "It is his right?"
"No doubt about it."
"Then just tell him. Don't be scared."
"Maybe," I nodded but looked at him quickly, "But until then, only you and Tyler know about this so don't say anything."
"You have my word," Jesse held up his hand as I smiled.

When I finally got home, Ryan had just pulled into the driveway as he smiled when he seen us.

"I'll see you in a few hours," I nodded at Jesse as he headed to his car.
"There's my two favorite people," Ryan smiled as he took Tyler then kissed me, "How was your day?"
"It was ok," I shrugged.
"Just ok?" Ryan asked as I nodded.
"Nothing too exciting."
"I see," Ryan nodded knowing I wasn't saying the whole truth.
"But you, how about your day?" I asked as I walked into the house.
"The usual," He followed me, "Crime scenes, trace, you know the whole drill."
"Fun," I sighed as Ryan watched me.
"Are you ok?"
"I just-" I started as I looked at him, "I'm fine."
"Are you sure?"
"I can't tell you right now," I looked at him as he handed me Tyler again.
"I'm going to change clothes," He kissed my cheek as I nodded, "Then I'll let you rest a bit."
"Ok."

As Ryan headed up to the bedroom then change in the bathroom, I was unaware that I didn't hide the pregnancy test as well as I thought in which Ryan noticed laying on top of the trash can.