‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Night Shift

After Ryan took Tyler, I found my eyes closing for a few minutes as I layed on the couch. It felt only like a few minutes but I guess it was longer than that since Ryan shook me awake.

"Hey," He smiled as he looked at me, "You've got be at work in an hour."
"What time is it?" I questioned as I slowly sat up with a stretch.
"7," Ryan nodded, "I put Tyler to bed already, which by the way he went down easy. You must've tired him out, and I made you some coffee."
"Thanks," I stood up with a yawn then stretched out my back, "I'll be right back."

I headed to the bathroom to pee since I really had to then splashed some cold water on my face to wake myself up even more. Looking in the mirror, I stood up straight to look down at my stomach as I took a deep breath.

"Ryan?" I questioned as I came back into the living room.
"Yeah Sy?"
"Can we talk?" I asked as he nodded as he motioned for me to sit but I didn't feel like it right now.
"Is everything ok?"
"Yeah, no," I shrugged as I got nervous about telling him, "Um, today was actually more eventful then I mentioned."
"Like?" He asked as I shrugged.
"Jesse bought me a new race bike," I smiled lightly as he nodded.
"That's cool."
"Which won't be ready til after this weekend but I'm taking a break from it for a while."
"Anything else?"
'Yeah," I sighed as I played with my fingers as he looked at me, "I'm pregnant."
"You're pregnant?" Ryan asked trying to let it sink in as I nodded my head in which a smile grew across my face that I couldn't stop, "You mean we're having another baby?"
"Yeah," I nodded as I seen Ryan's face lit up as he stood up to hug me quickly.
"Oh my god, I'm so happy right now," He chuckled as I smiled but he wasn't sensing the whole excitement from me as he was, "You're not?"
"I'm just scared," I shook my head, "I mean what about my job and everything?"
"We'll be fine," Ryan looked down at me, "You still can ride for a few months without hurting the baby and you can work in the field until you further along."
"Ok," I nodded as I looked down sniffling a bit.
"Sy, are you ok?" Ryan asked as he lifted my chin.
"I guess I was still in shock earlier," I chuckled, "I'm having your baby."
"See," He smiled at me, "There's that smile."
"But if it's twins, I will kill you," I smirked at him as he laughed then slowly let his hand rest on my stomach.
"You just made my night," He smiled wider.
"But doctors," I thought for a second, "Can we wait to go til after the honeymoon?"
"If that's what you want," He nodded, "But it's better to go sooner so we know how far along you are."
"Ok," I nodded, "I, um, I need to get ready for work."
"Ok," He smiled as he broke away from me as I headed to change clothes as he went back to the couch.

"We're having another baby," I heard Ryan start to sing as I walked towards the bedroom to change into clothes.

I decided on jeans, a hoodie, and just some skate shoes since it was night shift and I wanted to be comfortable more than anything. I just wasn't looking forward to it since I was on night shift the whole week with Jesse and it seriously messes up your days and nights.

After getting everything around, I by-passed the coffee and went for a Diet Coke instead since coffee would be way too much caffiene.

"Alright Ryan, I'm heading into work," I walked towards the door as I heard him get up to see me go, "So I'll see you while I'm probably passing by at the latest."
"I'll have some watch Tyler then if it comes down to that," He nodded as I smiled.
"Thanks, but just for a few hours since I don't need much sleep."
"Sylar, seriously," Ryan gave me a look.
"I'll be fine," I giggled, "I'm pregnant not dying."
"Alright, I'll see you later."
"Bye," I kissed him quickly, "I love you and tell Tyler, I love him too."
"Love you," He mentioned quietly as I snuck out of the house without making too much noise.

The parking lot was pretty empty this late at night which I wasn't use to. It was mainly just the night shift and a few cops. It wasn't like during the day when I see a ton of people come in and out of the doors.

"Hey!" I heard behind me as I seen Jesse run to catch up with me, "You look like you're in a better mood."
"For the most part," I nodded, "I told Ryan."
"You told Ryan what?" Jesse asked as I shot him a look but he still looked clueless.
"That I'm pregnant."
"Oh and?"
"And, he's super excited about it," I smirked as Jesse caught my smile.
"So I take it you are too?"
"I am, just not the whole side effects of it all."
"Side effects?" Jesse raised an eyebrow.
"You know, the morning sickness, weight gain, mood swings, strange cravings, then labor, contractions, that stuff."
"Oh," Jesse nodded as he opened the door for me, "But when you were pregnant with our baby, you didn't gain that much weight."
"And I didn't last time," I shrugged, "I just hate gaining the extra weight."
"You'll be fine," Jesse smiled as I shrugged.

Walking into the lab, the techs and some of the night shift CSIs gave us dirty looks as I looked at Jesse who gave me that knowing look that it was going to be a long week.

"Hey guys," Natalia smiled as she walked up to us.
"Natalia?" I questioned as I was glad to see her, "What are you doing here?"
"They were short techs so I'm pulling a double in DNA," She smiled.
"At least someone won't hate us," I laughed as Jesse snickered.
"Well, I'm going to get the case file before we head out."
"Alright," I nodded as he walked off as Natalia looked at me.

"You two look friendly," She smiled.
"I told you, we're friends again. I'm still working on something for you and him."
"Sylar," Natalia warned.
"Nope," I shook my head as I started walking, "You're my maid of honor, you're so getting a date in the next couple days."
"But Eric's the best man-" Natalia started.
"He's got Calleigh," I smiled at her, "Trust me, I didn't have to do anything there, thank god."
"You're stubborn you know that right?" She questioned as I nodded.
"So I've been told," I snickered as I headed to trace which I spent a lot of time in like Ryan.
"Ryan's lab," Natalia smiled, "You better not mess up anything or he'll be super bitchy."
"Trust me, I know," I nodded at her, "I'm marrying him soon."
"And then you'll be having more babies," She smiled as I let out a sigh.
"Yeah of course," I didn't look at her as I waited for his computer to start back up.
"Sy," Jesse mentioned from the door, "Come on, we're going out to the crime scene."
"I'll see you later," I smiled at Natalia as I followed Jesse out the door to the crime scene.