‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Competition Weekend

"Ryan," I mentioned as his lips had already started to attack my neck, "I know what you wanted but I so totally forgot that I've got a competition this weekend and need to go practice."
"Oh, I'll be done with you so you can go practice," He snickered as I rolled my eyes.
"Ryan," I whined as he sighed to look at me.
"Ok," He nodded with a half smile, "If you really need to go."
"Don't be like that," I gave him a look, "I really want to but I need to practice too."
"I know," He smiled as he kissed my lips quickly.
"You can come out to the track with me if you want," I shrugged.
"I can't watch you practice, seeing you during a competition puts me on enough edge."
I smirked as I gave him one last passionate kiss, "I'll make it up to you, promise."

I headed out to the track in which Caleb wasn't there yet so I decided to just go for a quick run to get in shape. I hated not being in shape or anything so I had to get all I could in before I got too far long in this pregnancy again. I caught my breath as I headed back to my bike just as Caleb pulled up.

"So sorry, I'm late, Sy," Caleb rushed out as I giggled.
"You're fine," I shook my head, "Whatever it was, I don't need to know."
"Thanks," He smiled as he took his bike out of the trailer.
"So," Caleb sighed, "Last competition before you get married, are you nervous?"
"About the competition or getting married?"
"Both."
"Not the competition," I shrugged, "But married, just a bit."
"Is Kyle going to be at the wedding?"
"He wants to," I fixed my gloves, "But he doesn't know if he'll be able to. I told him I won't be mad if he can't though."

Caleb nodded as I put my helmet on then headed out to the track. We spent the next couple hours just going over everything for this weekend's competition which started tomorrow. Everything was going smoothly until on one of my runs, I hit the landing wrong and somehow managed to hit to where all the shock went to my left ankle which was painful.

"Sy!" Caleb asked, "You ok?"
"Fine," I walked my bike back up to the trailer, "I guess that's a sign that I need to stop for today."
"You sure you're fine," He asked as I nodded.
"Yeah, I'll go home and ice it before heading into work."
"Ok," He nodded, "I'm going to go pack for tomorrow."
"I'll see you tomorrow," I smiled as we both went our seperate ways.

As I got back to the house, I slowly walked through the door to hear Tyler back who happened to be in the kitchen with Ryan.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked as I leant against the door frame to see Ryan get his with peas.
"Eating," Ryan wiped peas out of his eye as I bit my lip to keep from laughing but it wasn't working, "You think this is funny?"
"No," I shook my head with a smile, "Maybe a bit. It's a good look for you."
"Fine," He sighed as he stood up as he handed me a baby food jar, "Let's let mommy feed you."
"Gladly," I smirked as I limped towards Tyler as I sat down in a chair.
"Sy, what'd you do?" Ryan asked as I half ignored him.
"It's not that bad, just sprained," I sighed, "I'll ice it in a bit."
"I'll get the ice for you," He walked to the freezer as I kept my attention on Tyler.
I smiled at him as I successfully got peas into Tyler's mouth, "You just like throwing food on daddy, don't you?"

Tyler laughed as Ryan rolled his eyes as he handed me the ice pack, "No wonder I'm always getting pelted with food."
"Oh, he loves you though," I smirked up at him, "It's just he thinks it's funny since you're not mommy."
"Lucky me," Ryan sighed as he sat down, "Hey Sy, tomorrow night is my bachelor party so I won't be able to come out to competition."
"I didn't think you were anyways since it's in Tampa," I nodded as I spooned more peas into Tyler's mouth, "But if there's a stripper, don't you dare touch her."
"What if she touches me?" He questioned.
"Get checked for some STD."
Ryan chuckled as he crossed his arms, "I promise, I'll be good."
"You better," I looked at him before feeding Tyler, "Who's watching Tyler tomorrow night."
"Alexx."
"Alright, you better not get super wasted and do anything stupid like drive or be around guns."
"I won't," He smiled as I nodded.
"I trust you."
"So when is your bachlorette party?"
"Monday night," I cleaned off the corner of Tyler's mouth, "Then I've got three days with you and then I can't see you for the entire day and half."
"Are you nervous about it yet?" Ryan asked as I shrugged.
"Maybe a little but I'm not getting cold feet," I smiled lightly, "It's just going to be super emotional."
"Yeah," Ryan was in thought as I looked up at the time.
"Crikey," I stood up, "I'm not changed and I'm about to be late to night shift."
"Go," Ryan picked up Tyler, "I'll get him cleaned up and down for bed."
"Thanks," I kissed him quickly, "I love you."
"Love you too."

As soon as work was over, I had to rush home, grab my bags, then get back on the road to Tampa. It wasn't something I originally planned on doing but I got pushed into night shift so it made things hard. I let Caleb drive since I needed some sleep in which I found myself passed out until we got to Tampa.

"Sy," Caleb mentioned, "We're in Tampa."
"Already?" I yawned as he laughed.
"Yeah, have a nice nap?"
"You have no idea," I smiled as I got out of the truck then went to get changed again as everyone got set up.

"Ok, so I'm going at noon," Caleb looked at me, "The pros aren't til 6, so you still have a while."
"Thanks," I smiled as I felt a bit dizzy.
"You ok?"
"Fine," I nodded, "Just, I'll be right back."

Walking to the bathroom, I almost didn't reach the toilet as the contents of my stomach once again got emptied into it. I swear, morning sickness had no concept of what was convienent for me. Like now, I was hating the fact that I was still early and going through the whole morning sickness thing of being pregnant. I cleaned up then headed back to the track in which I got a few practice runs in before heading back to my spot to keep my stomach contents down and watch Caleb.

Caleb was actually doing pretty well. I was really impressed by it since he only had a few minor mistakes every now and then when he pulled tricks. They were just things that he knew he'd messed up too which he'd go back and correct later. When it came time for him to do his best trick competition, I knew he had it in him to get first.

I watched as the other riders went, who weren't half bad either. Then Caleb went, he had three chances to get his trick right and he just messed up on his first run in which he was taking his second now. It looked like it was going smoothly until Caleb went to do his trick again when he undershot his landing, causing him to get flung into the dirt and go on a wild ride with his bike down the hill.

"Caleb," I caught my breath in my throat as I rushed over to him just as he was laying on the ground, not moving.