‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Past Detail

"Did you at least have fun?" I questioned as opened a baby food jar for Tyler.
"Yeah," He groaned slightly, "Jesse gave a stripper money, which was awkward."
"How?" I questioned as I heard him get up.
"I don't know, I mean are they really spending that money on changing?"
"You know, it's not always about having a bad life," I sighed as I knew I had opened that door again.
"Meaning?" He asked as he took a seat at the table with me as I didn't look at him, "You say that like you speak from experience."
"It's nothing," I shook my head as I feed Tyler apples, "Forget I said anything."
"Sylar, we're getting married in a few days, if there's something I need to know-"
"You'll just argue and fight about it and it doesn't matter anymore."
"Were you-"
"A long time ago," I sighed as I looked at him slowly, "Long before I was pro or even in the profiler line. Things were hard and I didn't see myself working at some fast food joint."
"So you thought stripping would solve things?" He raised an eyebrow.
"My bike needed repairs and my mom already casted me out. This was the only way I could make fast cash."
"Did you sleep with anyone?"
"Not while I was stripping. I mean I had my morals," I nodded at him as I spooned another bite into Tyler's mouth, "It's why Jake became that best friend. He took me in when no one else would. I mean of course he was undercover but I could keep his secret if he could mine."
"So then-"
"I got out of it because of Jake and seeing everything bad that happened. I finally realized that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life taking my clothes off just to be stared at."
"I didn't know."
"I didn't want you to know," I looked at him with a sigh, "It's not something that I go around and tell everyone that I date."
"Did Jesse know?"
"No," I shook my head, "I didn't want to tell him. He was just always understanding but I could never bring myself to do it."
"Wow," He leant back in the chair, "I never knew that this whole time, I'm marrying a stripper."
"Ex," I corrected him.
"No wonder you didn't mind if there were strippers."
"It's techincally out of my control," I rolled my eyes as I continued, "Not that I liked the idea of some other woman taking her clothes off in front of you and you gawking at her."
"Jealous?" He smirked as I rolled my eyes again.
"Shut up, besides I still would have the better body."
"Are you-"
"Don't start with the pregnant woman," I glared as I stood up to pick up Tyler, "I'm going to go clean him up then go see Caleb. You'll be ok?"
"For the most part," He mumbled.
"Alright," I smiled, "I'd kiss you but you just puked and so smell like a bar yet."

I finally got Tyler clean and ready to go to see Caleb in which it was a nice day out too. The hospital was buzzing with people as I walked down the hall to Caleb's room in which he was sitting up, eating breakfast.

"Knock, knock," I smiled as I walked in with Tyler.
"Hey," He smiled at the two of us, "And you brought the little dude."
"Yeah," I sat in a chair next to him, "You look better this morning."
"A bit," He sighed, "The nurses helped me up and I'm still on a liquid diet but I'm glad you came in."
"Don't mention it."
"So how was Ryan's bachelor party?"
"Good, I guess, "I shrugged, "He came home totally trashed last night."
"Sounds like he had fun," Caleb laughed.
"I know right?" I smirked, "Mine won't be that crazy though."
"Aww but it's your last night as being single, you so deserve those drinks."
"Nah," I shook my head, "I don't want to."
"Why not?" He questioned as he gave me a look, "Everyone will want to buy you drinks."
"I have my reasons," I mumbled trying not to reveal to him exactly why.
"Name one."
"You're too damned nosy."
"But seriously, why not?"
"I can't," I shrugged, "I just can't right now."
"Are you on meds?"
"No."
"Doctor's orders?"
"Kinda, sorta," I shrugged as he gave me a look.
"Are you lying to me?"
"Damn it, it's because I'm pregnant," I glared at him since I got annoyed.
"Nuh uh," Caleb looked at me then started to connect things, "Wait, that's why-"
"It was morning sickness."
"Wow," Caleb looked shocked at me, "Again?"
"I know," I rolled my eyes, "I haven' told anyone else, so keep your mouth shut."
"You have my word," He smiled as I went to talk to him for a while.

A couple hours later, I came back home to see Ryan feeling better but still suffering from a killer headache. I put Tyler in his bouncer as I sat on the couch with him.

"I see you're not running to the bathroom," I smirked.
"Same for you," He shot me glance as I glared.
"It's your fault," I crossed my arms, "You just had to have another baby."
"I'm joking," He laughed as he uncrossed my arms, "Don't be like that."
"I just hate the morning sickness when it happens," I looked at him, "I lucked out the past couple days but it just sucks."
"Maybe it stopped," He suggested, "I mean baby this one's different."
"Maybe," I shrugged as I thought, "Still if I have twins, I will so kill you."
"You will not," He laughed.
"Dude, last time you put me in labor for like ever and it sucked."
"Then maybe this time it'll happen fast."
"Yeah, just what I wanted to have the baby in car," I rolled my eyes at him.
"It'd be done and over with," He smirked as I smacked him.
"I need those drugs."
"Fine," He smiled as he wrapped his arms around me, "I hope you don't mind but everyone's coming for a cook out."
"That's fine," I shrugged with a smile, "We should tell them."
"Let's wait until after we get married," He smiled at me, "You know maybe wait til we figure out what the doctor says."
"I like that plan," I nodded, "But still, someone's going to catching on when I can't drink tomorrow night."
"Tell them you're on pain pills," He shrugged.
"For what?"
"An injury."
"Yeah, I don't think that'll work."
"Just promise me, you won't drink tomorrow night."
"Promise," I smiled at him as I reached up to kiss him, "Mm, minty fresh."
"I knew you'd notice."
"And clean shaven," I ran my hand across his face, "Are you trying to get to me?"
"No," He smirked down at me, "Is it working?"
"Too bad you invited people over," I stood up to follow the bouncing Tyler, "Or it could get bad."
"Where are you going?"
"To follow our son," I mentioned as I walked down the hall, "He's apparently trying to make an escape."