‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Bet

"Ryan," I caught my breath as his lips were on my neck, "What if Tyler wakes up?"
"He's dead to world right now," Ryan mumbled as I shivered as his kisses against my skin.
"But what if-" I went to ask again but a moan escaped my throat instead.
"I'll go," He smirked as he started to move his hands under my shirt.
"Promise."
"Promise," He whispered as as went to kiss my ear, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."
"You're bad," I giggled as I slowly pulled off my top in which I worked on Ryan's shirt when the baby monitor next to the band let the sound of a kid crying through the room go through it's waves.

"Told you," I smirked as he rolled his eyes.
"I'll be back," He got up as he walked to the nursery as I settled into the warm bed.

As Ryan was gone, I ended up falling asleep since I was so tired right now. Ryan sighed as he seen me sleeping as he crawled back into bed to wrap his arms around me.

In the morning, Ryan was dressed before I was as he was feeding Tyler now. I was just dressed in some jeans and a hoodie again as I smiled at the two of them.

"Someone's gonna wear food to work," I smirked at him.
"Funny," He looked at me as I got some Diet coke.
"Someone's in a bad mood."
"You fell asleep last night."
"I was tired," I looked at him, "I had a long night."
"You were starting something."
"No, I believed you started it," I looked at him as I leant on the counter.
"Whatever."
"Oh, cheer up," I laughed, "I'll make it up to you tonight, promise."
"You better."
"Quit being grumpy," I looked at him as my phone buzzed to a text message.

"What?" Ryan looked at me.
"Jesse," I nodded, "I gotta go. I'll see you later."
"Be safe," He looked at me as I walked over to him to kiss him goodbye.
"I will," I smiled, "Love you."
"Love you too."
"Love you Tyler," I smiled at him as he laughed as I headed out the door.

As I got to the precint, Jesse was waiting for me at the front desk as I checked in.

"Dude, you waste no time," I smirked at him as he rolled my eyes.
"You remember that case I told you about that lady who seen her killer from the house?"
"Yeah, why?" I questioned as I looked at him.
"That killer is on death row, he's claiming he didn't do it now."
"You know, it's times like these that I wish you didn't tell me about all your cases."
"I loved you," He smirked, "I wanted you to know what I was doing."
"Yeah yet the one case that was most important to me, you kept a secret."
"Burn," Jesse smirked as I rolled my eyes.
"So why did you need me?"
"I need your help with it," He sighed, "The defense is going to build up a strong argument that he didn't and I'll need all the help I can get."
"And no one else was available?"
"Not that I wanted to work with," He flashed me a smile as I rolled my eyes.
"Quit sweet talking me," I walked towards the door, "I'll do it if you do something for me."
"What?"
"Tomorrow, we both go to the shooting range and see who the better shooter is."
"Like you have any doubt it's me," He smirked that infamous smirk at me as I got in the Hummer.
"See, it's that attitude that leads me to believe that you've gotten worse at shooting."
"Is that a bet?" He raised an eyebrow as he got in the driver's seat.
"Maybe," I smiled at him.
"Ok, if you win, I'll buy you dinner," He nodded as I shrugged, "My choice of course."
"Fine."
"And if I win," Jesse looked at me, "You tell me the truth about the case you're working on."
"Truth?" I shifted, "You know it all."
"Sylar, you know that's a lie," He looked at me as he pulled into the road, "You're hiding something."
"Deal," I mumbled as he drove to the house in which he went to talk to the lady.

Eric ended up being at the house in which he was working to see if the lady saw what she actually saw. Jesse was busy going over the crime scene when I looked out the window as Eric stood next to me.

"Horatio told me about the case," Eric mentioned as I looked at him slowly.
"I don't want you to drag you in too."
"You know we're going to Brazil again to stop this," He mentioned as I turned to face him.
"Take me with you," I mentioned quickly.
"No, it's too dangerous."
"Yeah and everything I do is," I rolled my eyes, "It's no more dangerous then me being here and the target as well."
"I don't want to do that to Ryan."
"You let me worry about him. I'm going with you and my dad, end of story."
"It's a different world down there."
"Eric."
"Fine," He sighed with a head nod, "You'll need to train before we go."
"You?"
"Yeah," He spoke lightly, "I'll keep in touch."
"Don't say anything," I looked at him as Jesse walked back towards us.

Jesse soon took me back to the headquarters in which I smiled as I seen Ryan in his lab. I walked through the door to stand in front of him as he worked on something.

"Watcha doing?" I questioned in a cute way as I seen his smirk grow.
"What's up?"
"When are you going to lunch?"
"Um, not til one. Why?"
"Wanna go to lunch with me?" I shrugged as he stood up to cross his arms at me.
"You have time today?"
"Yeah," I shrugged, "I'm just working with Jesse so why not."
"Where shall we go?"
"So proper," I smirked as him, "I don't know, anywhere. We could take a walk somewhere."
"I like the sound of that."
"So I'll see you at one?"
"Yeah," He smiled as I walked back out the doors.
"See ya then."

As I headed back to work on the case, I was finally able to go to lunch at one in which I waited for Ryan on the front steps as we walked out the doors to stretch his hand out as I took it.

"I so miss your spikey hair," I ruffled his hair slightly as we headed to his car.
"You would."
"It made you super hot," I smiled as he fixed his hair.
"I did need a change."
"Wear it like that for the wedding, please?" I gave him puppy dog eyes as he rolled his.
"Fine."
"Yes," I made a quick motion as he just shook his head with a chuckle.
"Only if you agree to something on the honeymoon," Ryan smirked as he opened my door for me.
"What?"
"I can't tell you right now," He laughed as I leant against the door as he did.
"Come on, you can tell me."
"It's nothing too bad," He shrugged.
"It better not be," I glared at him as kissed me quickly.
"No, now let's get some food."