‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Wedding Eve

"Ow!" I hissed as Natalia worked on my hair in the hotel room.

Yeah, that's right. It's the night before my wedding. I had to double check to make sure Ryan had everything before I left which I swear Calleigh almost shot me since it took me forever to leave the house. But here I was now, at 10:30 the night before my wedding, Natalia pulling away at my hair.

"Oh, suck it up Sy," She rolled her eyes as she continued to braid the crown of my hair, "You've been through worse."
"And oddly enough, neither one of those times you're mentioning, has anyone pulled my hair," I smirked as she ripped through it again, "Ow!"
"Poor girl," Calleigh sat on the bed next to me.
"I know right?" I rolled my eyes as I heard Maxine laugh along with Alexx.

"But in all seriousness, thanks for being here guys."
"Where else would we be?" Calleigh shrugged with a smile.
"Out?" I shrugged, "Being with that certain someone?"
"Hunny, a night away from the kids is my idea of a night out," Alexx shook her head as I smirked.
"Besides," Natalia twisted another braid, "Who's miss hanging out with you, getting you all fancy and everything?"
"Ryan?" I shrugged as she shoved me lightly.
"Not him. He can't see you right now."
"I know."
"So," Valera started, "Are you nervousness?"
"No."
"Sy, come on," Natalia stopped for a second, "We're not going to run off and tell Ryan if you're nervous. I mean it's perfectly logical."
"Ok," I nodded with a sigh, "I'm super nervous."
"Aww," I heard them all say as I rolled my eyes.
"Not cold feet nervous but just the whole, I'm settling-down-now type nervousness. Then I've got all these thoughts running through my head about what if he doesn't say "I do" and changes his mind or if someone stands up or-"
"Hey," Alexx cut me off mid-ramble, "That boy is so in love with you, he wouldn't say no."
"Yeah," Natalia added, "He's crazy about you."
"Thanks guys," I smiled as there was a knock at the door, "Who's that?"
"Pizza," Calleigh got up from the bed, "I'm starved."
"It's 10:30 at night," I pointed out.
"10:40," she smiled at me as she got the door.

"Sometimes, I don't know about you, Calleigh," I did my best to shake my head as she paid the guy then came back with the rather large box.

"Hey, you took me away from Eric so I'm making best," She smiled as I rolled my eyes.
"So Natalia," I started as she started to put curls in the lose hair, "Have you gone out with Jesse for drinks yet?"
"Someone's nosy," She mumbled as I looked at her.
"Just curious," I shrugged.
"Maybe," She drew out slowly.
"Aww," the whole room went as we knew she was blushing.
"Yeah, yeah," She rolled her eyes as she went to another piece of hair, "It was friendly. We had a good time."
"You so like him," I half sung as she smacked me.
"This coming from the girl who was almost married to him."
"Ooh juicy," Valera sat up as she took a piece of pizza.
"I was almost married to him," I shrugged, "The end."
"No way, come one spill," She looked at him, "What was he like in bed? Did he always have those muscles?"
"I thought I was marrying Ryan," I looked at her.
"And you are," She pointed out, "But coming clean about past things will make you less nervous."
"That's your logic?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Yes," She nodded.
"Fine," I sighed as I watched smiles grow on their faces.

"Ok, so," I started as I looked at him, "Yes he was always built like that. And he was amazing in bed."
"That's it?" Valera raised an eyebrow.
"Well yeah, I'm not one for opening up on my personal life."
"Yet you still made a sex tape with him," Calleigh mentioned as I glared at her.
"That was supposed to ever get out to anyone. Then he goes and falls for psycho girl."
"Aww, poor girl."
"It's not as bad as him cheating on me twice," I shrugged, "But I've moved on. We're ok now."
"At least you moved on," Calleigh nodded as I smiled lightly.
"Yeah, so anyways."
"So anyways, what's up with you and Jake Berekley?" Valera questioned.
"Meaning?"
"Well you two are always so close."
"They've been best friends since before I met her," Calleigh added, "Jake would talk about her when he'd be back. I'd hear so much about you."
"Yeah, he probably knows everything about me, more than anyone," I shrugged, "Scary thought huh?"
"I'll say," Valera nodded.

As the night went on, we ended up talking for the good majority of the night when we all finally crashed around 3 am and had to be up by 7. That was rough, especially since Natalia was doing my make up too after getting me in my dress.

"Stop yawning," Natalia fixed my eyeliner.
"I can't help it," I stiffled another yawn, "I'm not a morning person usually. Unless I've had my coffee."
"No coffee in your dress, there can be no accidents on it, I swear."
"Yes mom," I snickered as she glared at me.
"Are you nervous now?"
"Not so much, probably once we pull up to the church, though."
"Last minute nerves huh?"
"Yeah," I nodded as I watched everyone get ready in their dresses then their hair and make up.

Soon after we were all heading to the church as we got in the limo which I now was hit with a wave of nerves.

"Oh my god," I felt my heart race, "In exactly an hour and a half, I'll be married to Ryan Wolfe."
"It just now hit you," Natalia laughed as I nodded.
"Aww, you'll be fine," Calleigh hugged me lightly, "Just remember to breath."
"Thanks," I smiled at her.
"We'll all be there for you," Natalia hugged me from the other side, "It'll be ok once you get to the alter."
"Thanks, guys," I smiled as the limo soon stopped in front of the near empty church.

I was rushed into the building to fix my dress, hair, and make up. Mainly touch up anything that needed to be as the guests all filed into their seats and their spots. As time slowly moved on, I felt on edge as everyone rushed in and out of the room as well as around the halls.

"Sylar," I heard Natalia call out to me, "Ready?"
"Yeah," I nodded at her as I slid my heels on then headed out the door as she smiled.

I stood in front of the doors before they opened, hands shaking slightly, my mind racing. That's when the doors opened for me and I seen everyone, including my dad waiting for me.

"Just breath," I mumbled quietly to myself as I took the first few steps into the room.