‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Stuck

It had been about an hour after I left as Ryan was still at home watching Tyler, when there was a knock at the door. Ryan went to answer it to see Jake who smiled at him.

"Is Sylar here?" He asked.
"No," Ryan fussed with Tyler, "Can you hold him for a second?"
"Yeah," Jake took him as stepped inside, "Sy asked me to work on one of her bikes and I was just coming by to drop it off."
"Yeah she left almost an hour ago," He sighed as he went to pick up somethings.
"Where'd she go?"
"She said she went to talk to Caleb," Ryan stood up after pickking up one of Tyler's toys but Jake knew he knew something else.
"That's not where she is, is she?"
"She thinks I don't know where she's going but I know."
"So where is she?"
Ryan closed his eyes slightly as he sighed, "Ever since she got kidnapped for the second time, she's wanted revenge, wanted to stop her mom's side of the family. And I heard her talking to Horatio and Eric a while ago. She thinks she's trying to protect me but I know she's going to end up hurt."
"And?"
"I know you're her best friend and have been there for so much with her."
"You know you can't reason with her when she's got her mind set on something."
"I know," He sighed as he paused, "Which I wasn't wanting you to do."
"Then what?" Jake asked as he still held the small child in his arms.
"I want you to watch out for her. I know Horatio and Eric can do so much, if she needs anything, I you to be the one to step up for her."
"You have my word," He nodded seriously as he handed Tyler back to Ryan.
"I'm serious, Jake. If anything happens to her-"
"I won't let it," He smiled brightly at him, "Trust me on this, ok?"
"Ok," Ryan nodded Jake dug in his pocket to fish out some keys.
"The bike's next to her car. Tell her I stopped by?"
"Yeah of course."

As Jake left, Ryan headed back into the house to feed Tyler who was starting to get fussy again.

Me, on the other hand, I had been at this shooting range with Eric and this guy who happened to be a sharpshooter learning my training.

"Are you sure you've never done this before?" The guy asked after about an hour of shooting.
"Never," I smirked as he gave Eric a look.
"You're a natural."
"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or I should be scared," Eric chuckled as I sat the gun down.
"Both," I smirked as I looked at my phone, "Crap, I need to get home."
"Tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow," I smiled as I waved then headed to get home in which I knew Ryan would probably be up waiting for me or something.

As I stepped into the dimly lit house, the only light on was the TV light which was also the only source of sound as well. I sat my keys down to see Ryan sleeping on the couch as I smirked to myself, took off my shoes then headed to sit next to him.

Carefully pulling a blanket over the two of us, I curled up into the side of Ryan as I felt his arms wrap around me. Soon there was a pounding at the door, Tyler crying, and us leaving our spot.

I got Tyler out of his crib and ready to go to the baby sitter as I seen Caleb standing in the kitchen with his crutches.

"Hey kid," I smiled at him as Ryan went to get dressed.
"Hey," He smiled as he balanced himself out.
"How are things?"
"Pretty good," He shrugged, "Sometimes painful but I've only got a few more days with crutches then I'm walking on my own."
"That's good to hear," I smiled as he smirked.
"I know, right? I'm kinda walking on my own now anyways."
"Since when have we listened," I joked as Ryan walked back out with some more of Tyler's things.

"Alright, we should be home by 5. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call," Ryan looked at him as he nodded.
"Don't worry Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe, he'll be ok," Caleb smirked as I rolled my eyes.
"Watch it," I glared as Ryan pulled me along.
"Come on, we're going to be late," He took me out to his car as we headed to work in a peaceful silence.

When we finally stopped in a parking spot, Ryan stopped the car to look at me, our hands entwined.

"I have to work a case with Jesse and Walter this morning," Ryan spoke softly as his thumb ran across the back of my hand.
"It's ok."
"I mean you can come out and stuff," He looked at me as I smiled.
"I might just do that."
"Til then you're stuck with Jake," He smirked as I rolled my eyes.
"Not so bad."
"I'll see you later then," Ryan smiled as he leant over to kiss me.
"Later," I smiled as I got out of the car and headed in my own direction he he did too.

Stepping into the precint, I was about to head into the lab to work on my killer case, waiting for Nick's plane to land and get here when I felt a tug on my arm. Stopping, I looked down to see it was Jake's hand as I looked at him.

"What?"
"Ryan knows," He spoke softly.
"Knows what?"
"Where you're going at night, what you're planning."
"I'm not-"
"He's not stupid Sylar," Jake gave me a look as I sighed.
"And?"
"He asked me to watch over you."
"I don't need anyone's help," I glared.
"Face it, you're stuck with me," He smiled, "Besides I promised him, I wouldn't let anything happen to you."
"Fine," I sighed as I started walking, "But not a word to anyone else."