‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Silver Lining

"You can stay home from work today if you want," Ryan mentioned as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"No, I need to go into work."
"Sy-"
"If I don't, I won't stop worrying," I looked towards him, "I need something to keep my mind off it."
"Ok," He smiled lightly as he moved so I could get up to get dressed and get Tyler ready.

I finally finished getting dressed as I got Tyler out of his crib to carry him to the living room where I sat him down on his blanket for a second.

"Don't crawl away kid," I mentioned as I went to turn on the radio to keep my mind occupied.

Just as I turned up the volume a bit, I turned to see Tyler, struggling to put his legs underneath him as he balanced the rest of his body. I was speechless for a second as I watched the child pull himself up.

"Ryan!" I shouted to him but tried not to startle Tyler as he didn't say anything, "Ryan, you need to come quick."

"What?" Ryan asked as he walked out of the bedroom with his shirt undone yet, "I was just trying to-"

That's when Tyler took a few steps towards Ryan then sorta sprinted towards him and fell into his legs.

"Did he just?" Ryan questioned as I nodded.
"We've got a walker now," I smiled as i walked up to him as Ryan picked up Tyler in his arms.
"Now if he could only talk," He chuckled as Tyler laughed as well.
"He will, don't worry."
"I guess we've got to tell everyone now, huh?"
"Yeah, they should all look out," I smirked.
"See, everything will up ok," He smiled, "It's a sign."
"If anything it was my silver lining," I smiled as Ryan handed me Tyler again.
"I'm going to go finish getting dressed."

"Come on Tyler, let's go find breakfast," I smiled at him as I headed to the kitchen.

Caleb came to pick up Tyler for the day again as we told him he can walk now which meant he had to watch him closer. We both then took seperate cars to work since we might need to leave early or something.

Once we got to the parking lot, Ryan took my hand as I smiled at him.

"I'll see you later," Ryan smiled as he kissed my cheek then headed in his own direction to work on a crime scene as I walked into the lab.

Walking through the halls with a happy smile on my face, it soon faded as my ear caught word of the news report again as I checked in. As I finished checking in, my dad walked by as I walked up to him in a hurry to see if he had heard anything.

"Dad, have you heard from Kyle yet?" I questioned as we walked down the hall.
"Not yet," He mentioned cooly yet I know he wasn't.
"If you do, will you let me know?"
"I will."
"Thanks dad," I smiled as I stopped at the room I was working at in which Jesse, Jake, and Nick were already working.

"Morning Sylar," Nick smiled.
"Hey guys," I sat down in a chair.
"Are you ok?" Jake asked referring to the news report.
"Just gotta keep my mind busy," I smiled at him lightly.
"With death?" Jake joked as it made me smile too since he was back to joking with me again.
"Well, work," I rolled my eyes, "Oh and Tyler's walking."
"What?" Jake looked shocked as I nodded, "Wow."
"He took his first steps today," I smiled bigger as the rest of them smiled at me.
"Look out world," Jesse snickered as I couldn't help but giggle.
"Congratulations Sylar," Nick smiled.
"Thank you."
"And now that you're here," Jesse added as he walked towards the door, "You can take over for me now."
"Where are you going?" I questioned as he smirked.
"Crime scene, have fun guys."
"Lovely," I mumbled as I looked over everything.

Just as we were going over the million police reports, corner's reports, missing persons, etc, my phone rang. I reached down to answer it since I didn't know the number but it was only a police unit as I listened to what they had to say. There had been a homicide downtown in which the woman's throat was slashed but the man was missing. Most noteably some identification was left there. It meant he was getting sloppy with his crimes.

"Guys, come on, we've got a crime scene," I looked at Nick and Jake as they got up to follow me out the door.

We headed to the crime scene in which we started taking pictures of everything, listening to anyone who might've seen or heard anything prior to this happening. Nick was talking to the officers who were first on the scene as I looked around the apartment with Jake as we snapped pictures.

"This is brutal," Jake mention as we looked at the struggle.
"It seems more personal than the others."
"It does," He nodded as Tom our new corner came into the room.
"Hey Jake, it looks like there's a lot of pictures left untouched," I noticed as I looked at the wall.
"Maybe it could tell us who the missing guy is," Jake shrugged as I walked over to the wall to see the girl standing with the missing guy.

As I examined all of them, I knew who he was. I was just hoping that maybe it wasn't who I thought. There in all the pictures with the girl, was Angelo. He looked so happy. This was his apartment, his own safe place and now she was dead, and he was missing, but with the extra pool of blood, I knew it wasn't going to turn out good.

"Witnesses said a guy was arguing with the apartment owner, an Angelo," Nick mentioned as he walked back in, "Over something they couldn't make out."
"Where is he?" I asked as Nick shrugged.
"They said the man got in the car with the other and he sped off."
"Did anyone get a liscene plate number?" I questioned as he shook his head.
"No, they just said it was a black sports car."
"Great," I rolled my eyes as I looked at them, "Let's get this evidence back to the lab ASAP and we'll come back here to see if anyone will talk more."

As I got back to the lab, I took all my evidence into the right labs as my head was swimming. I stepped out into the hall to clear my head as I felt a pain in my abdominal region in which I sat down.

"Not now," I groaned as I was hoping I wasn't under too much stress with everything while being pregnant.

"Sylar," My dad mentioned from a room as I looked up at him.
"Huh?"
"I've got Kyle on video chat."
"Kyle?" I questioned as he nodded and I got up from my spot to see him on the screen.

"Hey, Sylar," Kyle smiled at me as I smiled at him.
"You scared the crap out of me."
"I believe the media did that," He laughed.
"They did."
"How are you? How's everything?"
"Great, it's good."
"How's my nephew?"
"Actually," I smiled as I rested a hand on my stomach, "He's walking now."
"Walking?" Kyle questioned half shocked but smiling, "Wow."
"I know," I smiled at him, "It's great."
"And you and Ryan?"
"We're great," I smiled at him.
"I don't have much time left, so do you think I can talk to dad?"
"Yeah of course," I smiled at him, "I'm glad you're ok, Kyle."
"Me too."
"Laters."

I went to get my dad out of the hall as I walked back towards the hallway as my head spun, sending me off balance a bit as Jesse caught me.

"Whoa, are you ok?"
"Yeah fine," I shook my head.
"Here sit down," He helped me to a chair.
"Have you ate anything today?"
"I wasn't hungry this morning, "I shook my head. And there's so much with this case that needs to be done."
"You need to eat something," Jesse looked at me as I shook my head.
"I'm fine."
"Sylar, you're pregnant again. You can't just not eat. It's not just your body you're feeding now."
"Jesse-"
"I'm not going to let you back onto the case until you eat something."
"Fine," I sighed with an eye roll.