‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Internal Affairs

"Ryan, sit down," I motioned for him as he looked at me seriously.
"What's wrong?"
"You know how I had that miscarriage with Jesse?"
"Yeah," Ryan spoke slowly as I tried to figure out my next moves.
"Before it happened, I got super dizzy a lot and it's been happening again."
"So you think-"
"I'm so scared," I choked back tears as Ryan hugged me.
"Sweetheart, it's going to be ok. If anything bad happens, I'll still be here for you, ok?"
"Ok," I nodded as he dried my tears, "I don't want anything bad to happen though."
"Ssh, it'll be ok," He kissed the side of my head, "Why don't you go get some rest? You've had a long couple of days."
"Ok."

I found myself slipping into sleep as Ryan came in not long after as he curled up next to me. I was passed out cold since I didn't even hear Tyler wake up in the morning. It wasn't until I felt a bouncing child on the bed next to me that I turned over to see Ryan holding him with a smile on his face.

"Hey," I smiled at Tyler as Ryan placed him on me, "How long has he been up?"
"Maybe an hour," He shrugged with a smile as Tyler laughed.
"You could've woken me."
"You were peaceful," He smiled at me, "Besides I wanted you to get some rest so you can see Jake and go to the appointment today."
"Appointment?" I questioned as he looked at me.
"A doctor's appointment. I wanted to make sure everything was ok with you."
"Thanks," I smiled at him.
"Come on Tyler," Ryan picked him up, "Let's let mommy get dressed."

Once I got out of bed and ready, I was dressed in some jeans and a hoodie since I didn't have to go into work today. But somehow I knew that Stetler was going to work of what happened and try to question me.

It was still early as Ryan drove to the hospital. The humidity of the day was building slightly as we headed in the direction to the hospital in which I had my appointment first then went to see Jake.

The doctor had been more than nice as he ran a few tests and did an ultrasound. In the end, he found that there was nothing wrong with my baby and that the dizziness could be contributed to me being under a lot of stress. His advice was to take some time off work but I couldn't since I had that killer still out there. As I finished getting dressed, Ryan took Tyler to go for a "walk" as I headed up to Jake's room to check to see how he was doing.

As I approached Jake's room, I heard the sound of another voice as I slowly walked into the room. I seen the figure of a person in military clothes as I was confused.

"I hope I'm not interupting anything," I mentioned as the guy's head turned towards me as Kyle smiled.
"Of course not Sy," Jake smiled, "Kyle just came by to visit."
"Yeah, I heard Jake got shot," He looked towards me, "And that my sister shot someone."
"Kyle," I smiled as he got up to hug me, "What are you doing here?"
"I came back to visit for a while," He smiled as I nodded.
"And who knews about me shooting someone?"
"I told him," Jake looked at him, "He can keep a secret."
"I know he can," I shoved him lightly as I sat next to Jake, "So how are you feeling?"
"It hurts," Jake groaned slightly as he shifted, "But thank you for saving my life."
"It was nothing," I shook my head as he looked at me seriously.
"Sy, it was something. That guy could've killed me but you stopped him before he could."
"I couldn't lose you," I smiled at him as his smile grew.

"So," I looked towards Kyle, "How have you been?"
"Great," He smiled, "It's good to come home though."
"Have you seen dad yet?"
"No," He shook his head, "I was going to meet up with a friend for breakfast soon then head over to see him."
"Sounds fun."
"Yeah," Kyle looked at his watch, "And I hate to cut this short but I'm going to be late. I'll talk to you later?"
"Yeah of course, you know where to find me."
"Laters," Kyle waved as he walked out of the room as I looked back at Jake.

He smiled lightly at me as I looked at all the machines that were hooked up to him. Mainly monitors monitoring his heart, blood pressure, and all that jazz as well as being hooked up to an IV which probably would have morphine in it soon since I knew he had to be hurting.

"Are you sure you're fine?" I asked Jake as he nodded.
"I'm just sore," He smiled lightly, "But it'll pass."
"I'm just glad you're ok," I hugged him lightly.
"I'm not going anywhere," He smiled at me.
"Except back undercover," I mumbled into his shoulder as I heard him sigh.
"I'm sorry."
"I guess I should understand," I smiled lightly as his fingers through my hair, "I don't like it though."
"I know," He smiled as Ryan appeared at the door.

"Hey," Ryan nodded at me as I sat up.
"What?"
"They're short handed at the lab and Horatio wanted to know if we could come in."
"I guess," I shrugged as I got off the bed to look back at Jake, "I'll see you later."
"Be careful," He smiled as I nodded.

I followed Ryan out the door as we headed to the car. Ryan got Tyler in his car seat as he started up the car.

"So who's watching Tyler?"
"Caleb," Ryan nodded as he watched the road.
"What's wrong?"
"Internal Affairs is at the lab," Ryan looked at me slowly, "H said something about them looking into Angelo's death and since you knew him."
"Great," I rolled my eyes as I looked at him, "That means I've got to talk to Stetler who's going to make it look like it's all my fault."
"Don't worry about him," Ryan reached across to hold my hand, "You know how to handle him."
"Thanks," I smiled as we got to Caleb's in which Ryan got Tyler out of the car and then headed back to the car with me to head into work.

Stepping into the lab wasn't exactly fun either. I had eyes all on me as I moved through everyone. It was almost like they were all talking about what had happened or making up rumours about where I had been.

"I'll see you later," Ryan kissed me quickly as he walked towards his lab, "Good luck."
"Thank you," I smiled at him as I headed to the locker room in which Jesse walked up to me.

"Hey," I smiled at him as he nodded.
"So, everything ok?" He questioned referring to my unborn child.
"Yeah," I nodded, "And at the same time no since well you know who's here."
"Yeah, I seen him," Jesse gave me a light smile.
"What's up?"
"I had Valera run some DNA from a crime scene while you were gone and guess who's DNA it was?"
"Our killer's?"
"Yeah," He nodded as I smiled then stood up.
"Looks like we're smarter than he is now."