‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Bringing Up the Past

After talking to Natalia for a while about what happened, they finally finished the case in which I got Ryan home. He was still shooken up about the whole explosion thing as he came home to be with Tyler.

"You two were the only things I was thinking about when it happened," Ryan looked at me as I smiled lightly.
"You just like trying to get yourself killed don't you?"
"No more than you," He smirked as Tyler yawned slightly.
"It's late maybe we should put him to bed?"
"I guess so," Ryan smiled down at him as I headed to the bedroom.

I slowly changed clothes, feeling like all the emotions had been drained out of me since it was a long day. As I got under the covers, Ryan just took his shoes off then got in bed with me.

"You've gained weight," I laughed lightly as I turned to look at him.
"Well that was cold."
"Sorry."
"Here I am, almost dying and you're worried about my weight."
"You're still hot," I smiled at him as I bit my bottom lip, "And I'm so turned on right now."
"So I have to be near death to turn you on?" He raised an eyebrow at me.
"No," I rolled my eyes, "Trust me, no."
"Hmm," He laughed lightly.
"So how was two weeks without me?"
"Hectic," He sighed as I started to run my fingers up and down his arms, "It was all work then Tyler. We both missed you like crazy."
"I missed you guys too," I smiled as my fingers moved down his side to his jeans, "I'm glad to be home."
"Are you trying to get me in the mood?" He questioned as I looked in his eyes.
"I mean if you're not up to it fine. I'll still will but-"
"You're disgusting," He smirked as he moved closer to me.
"Like you don't," I laughed.
"Hey."
"So?"
"I don't know," He shrugged as I looked at him.
"What's wrong?"
"It's just I don't have any condoms right now," He looked at me as I gave him a blank look.
"You're point being?"
"Think about it," He raised an eyebrow as he got shy.
"Ryan, I love you and I know what could happened, but I mean what if it doesn't?"
"I just don't want you to be upset if something does happen."
"Ryan, either way I still have two options."
"You're making this difficult," He sighed as I smirked at him.
"Why?"
"Because now I really want to."
"Then do it," I smirked, "I promise I won't stop you."

In the morning, I woke up next to Ryan who lost clothing in which I smirked to myself as I got up to get dressed. As I did so, Ryan slowly woke up from his sleep.

"Where are you going?"
"Work," I smiled down at him, "I'm still working on a case. I'll explain it more to you later but you just relax. Horatio gave you the day off so spend it with Tyler."
"I think I'm going to go back to bed for a while," He mumbled as I laughed.
"It was your choice for me to be on top," I smirked as I looked at the time, "But Tyler will be up soon."
"Have fun," He yawned as I kissed him quickly.
"Don't be so lazy," I laughed as I headed out the door than to my car as I went to head to work.

It was still early, kids were going to school yet as I got to the Lab in which I had to keep my sunglasses on since my eyes hurt.

"Hey Sylar," Walter smiled as I walked through the lab, "Welcome back."
"I'm so glad to be back," I smiled at him.
"Gambling too much?" He joked as I laughed.
"Are you kidding? Two weeks there and all I seen were crime scenes, police files, and evidence."
"Wow."
"Yeah, speaking of, have you seen Jesse?"
"Yeah I think he's in DNA, why?"
"Thanks," I smiled at him, "I just need to talk to him."
"Yeah, he got in about an hour ago."
"Thanks Walter," I walked towards the DNA lab as Walter went on his own way.

I had the case file with me that I was working on, along with everything else that Nick had faxed over to me as I walked into the lab.

"I need to talk to you," I looked at Jesse as Natalia looked up at me with a smile, "Hey Natalia, how are you?"
"Better," She smiled, "How's Ryan?"
"Eh, tired, but for other reasons," I shrugged as she let out a small giggle as I looked at Jesse, "So talk, now."
"I've got this DNA to run on this case," He looked at me.
"It's important."
"Go," Natalia looked at him, "I'll let you know when I'm done."
"Hear that," I looked at him, "She's still working on it."
"Fine," He sighed as I walked out the door followed by him.

"What's this about?" He asked as we walked into an intergation room in which I tossed the case file down at him.
"You tell me," I crossed my arms at him as he looked at the file.
"What are these?"
"You could've told me," I hissed at him as he opened the files than tensed up, "Especially about how you didn't let any information get to me about this case."
"How'd you get this?"
"Oh my god, Jesse," I rolled my eyes, "It's not that hard. I mean you knew I was working this case with Jake and you put a stop to both of us."
"What do you want to know?" He asked as he leant back in the chair.
"Why you didn't want me on the case? And married?"
"I didn't tell you about my wife because we broke up," He looked at me as I locked eyes with him.
"Yeah, I'm not believing that one since it would be a rushed marriage."
"Ok, so I meant her when I was with you. I was upset and knew you were about the baby, I just needed to find someone to listen and she did."
"And you fell in love with her?" I questioned as he looked down at the papers.
"I'm sorry, I'm not proud of it."
"So this whole coming here to see me, was just an act?" I questioned, "Anna's with this guy and you want to protect her. It was never about wanting to see me again?"
"You know you don't want anyone else to die either," He looked at me.
"Answer the question Jesse."
"Truth is," He took in a sigh as he looked at me, "I didn't want you on the case because I didn't want what happened to my wife to happen to you. I couldn't bare it, if I lost the both of you then I couldn't find a point in living."
"And Anna?"
"I met her at a party," He sighed looking at me, "Yes I did cheat on you with her but she doesn't deserve this either."
"Uh huh," I nodded as I walked towards the door.
"Where are you going?"
"To find Jake," I mentioned as I reached for the door, "We've got a case to work on."
"I'll go with you," He stood up as I shot him a glare.
"You just told me you cheated on me twice. Yeah I'm with Ryan now but this, this hurts."
"You'll need my help."
"What I need right now is for you not to talk to me," I opened the door, "I'll let you know later."
"Sylar," Jesse called out to me as I walked in the hall.
"You have DNA to get."

I found Jake in firearms as he gave me a light smile.

"You ok?"
"Yeah," I shook my head, "Just this case."
"You found out more?"
"Yeah," I looked at him, "It's bringing up a lot of past things too."
"I'm sorry to hear about that," He looked at me as we walked towards the car.
"I'm fine," I smiled at him as I got in his car, "Where are we headed?"
"Breakfast, I'm starved," He smiled, "Then I've got some people we need to talk to."
"People?" I questioned as I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Bartenders who seen our killer."
"Wait, when?" I questioned as I looked at him.
"Yesterday."
"Then we need to find a body," I looked at him.
"Why?"
"He'll take someone else's identity now."