‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Crazy Mom's Family

"How long will you be at the track?" Ryan asked as I grabbed my gear to head out the door.
"Um, 6 no later," I shrugged while taking a deep breath, "Mainly so I can get some runs in too for this weekend's competition."
"Another one?" Ryan asked while raising an eyebrow at me.
"Yes," I laughed, "You and Tyler should come out to it. It's in Miami."
"I don't know," He looked at me seriously, "I do have security duty."
"Call in sick," I smirked at him, "Please?"
"We need the money."
"Hence me going back to competiting."
"Alright," He rolled his eyes, "Just because you look so hot in your gear."
"Thank you," I smiled as I kissed him quickly, "Make sure to give Tyler a bath. I'll be home at 6."
"Alright," He smiled as I took my keys, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled as I headed out the door.

Practice went amazing as usual. Well ok, not all the time usual since sometimes things don't go the way that I planned but tonight was a great night. Kyle and Caleb, my only two remaining boys who competed, were great and my runs, I was actually happy with for once.
We actually ended at 5 today since we got out there at 2, an hour earlier than I expected which didn't bother me.

The sun was almost setting, it had that glow to it yet it wasn't like noon or anything. It was one of those things when th shadows cast their own specialness to everything. Kyle and Caleb were helping to put gear away as I looked at them both whispering about something.

"Go," I nodded with a smile.
"But you need our help," Kyle looked at me.
"Obviously you two have people you want to meet-"
"Dates," Caleb corrected me as I smiled.
"Dates, then. So go, don't keep them waiting."
"Are you sure?" Kyle raised an eyebrow at me.
"Yeah, are you sure?" Caleb looked at me as well.
"I'm fine," I smiled at them, "It's just a few bikes and a lock. I can manage."
"Alright," Kyle sighed, "Same time tomorrow?"
"Yeah," I smiled at him, "You two better stay out of trouble."
"Thanks, night Sylar, " Kyle waved as he walked off.
"Laters," Caleb smiled with a wave as I just shook my head with a laugh.

I was loading the last bike into the trailer which was mine as I made sure they tied down. As I walked out of the trailer, I jumped off, then locked the gate so no one could get in. Just as I finished, I was in my own world when I thought I heard someone approach me but I brushed it off. Something that I shouldn't of done because before I knew it, someone had thrown a rag over my mouth as I tried to escape the now present grasp but felt myself going blurry.

The next thing I knew was, I was waking up in fog, hands tied behind my back, tied to a chair, I couldn't move. My eyes adjusted to realize that I was now in a bad situation as I tried to break free when I heard a voice.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," He mentioned as I glared at him as gave me a smirk, "You wouldn't want to let those poor girls get hurt just because you wouldn't cooperate, would you?"

I turned my head to the right to see three teenage girls and one 22 year old looking girl, tied up and behind a cage door as they whimpered slightly. I turned my eyes back to him as he smirked in which he got up to walk towards me.

"Who are you?" I croaked out as he pulled out a chair in front of me.
"Aww, I'm ashamed," I heard his thick Russian accent, "You don't remember me?"
"Should I?"
"20 years a woman couldn't pay back her drug lord on time, so she bargained her daughter until she came up with the money. Poor Svetlana actually cared about you then."
"People will look for me."
"Oh I know," He smirked as he looked at me as I heard the door open, "But if you don't cooperate, each one of those girls will die. And you'll have to take their place."
"Don't you dare hurt them," I glared at him as he let out a low laugh.
"I'm glad you said that," He stood up from his chair to turn around to hit me across the face as the girls let out a shierk, "Where's your mother now?"
"Locked up in mental institute like you should be," I spat as he looked at me.
"I figured she couldn't handle it anymore."
"If this is about her, than why me? What do you want with me?"
"Drugs became too cliche," He turned to get a gun from one of the other guys, "I found that arms are better money."
"So?"
"You see, it wasn't easy to come across these," He looked at the gun then back at me, "Blood had to be shed."
"A guy like you shouldn't be scared of something like that."
"I'm not," He shrugged, "But this time, things got messy. You see, he fought back."
"What's your point?"
"I need you to clean up a crime," He smirked at me.
"And if I refuse?"
"Then it won't be so fun for those girls, now would it?"
"Don't you dare touch them," I glared as one of this men went over to the youngest looking one and run a knife down her cheek in which she let out a whimper.
"Oh," He looked at me, "Well someone will have to pay for it if you don't help."
"I'll help you," I glared at him, "Just leave them alone."
"It's up to you, sweetheart," He smirked as I felt myself being untied from the chair then brought to my feet.

Slowly and quietly, I reached into my back pocket to take out my Lab ID in which I swiftly handed to one of the girls who hide in behind them. I was close enough to them that I lifted my pant leg up in which I carried a small knife as one of the girls pulled it from the holster as I felt the guy behind me give me a shove.

"Lock the door," The guy mentioned as they led me to a car.

"You know," I mentioned from the back seat as I looked at him driving, "If you really want me to trust you, you'll at least give me a name."
"Blood in thicker than water, cousin," He mentioned as I looked at him like I couldn't believe it.

Maybe my mom's side of the family was all crazy. Which was actually a scary thought once you think about it.

Meanwhile back at home, it had been an hour since Kyle asked if I got home. He and Caleb had forgot something at the track in which they went back to it but didn't see me. They figured that I went home but since that was an hour ago, Ryan was now worried.

"H," Ryan mentioned slowly on the phone, "I'm worried. Kyle said they ended practice an hour ago and Sylar would've been home by now."
"Ok," He took it in, "Did she say anything about going anywhere?"
"No."
"Don't panic yet,"He mentioned.

My dad had been at work in which he hung up the phone with Ryan. He was finishing up some paper work from a case when those 4 girls managed to escape and make it to the police department. They weren't too sure about where to go and they were a bit frantic as they stood at the front desk which Horatio noticed.

"Excuse me," Horatio walked over to the girls, "Can I help you with something?"
"Horatio," Frank walked up to them, "These girls said they were taken by a Russian druglord 10 hours ago."
"Ok," He nodded as he looked at them, "And how did you escape?"
"The girl," The oldest one spoke, "She had a knife on her and she let us take it to cut the ropes."
"A girl?" Horatio asked.
"Yes," She nodded quickly, "She was wearing race clothes and was drugged to get there."
"Do you have a name?"
"Yeah," One of the other girls nodded as she took out my ID, "She gave us this. I hope it helps."

Horatio took the card as he nodded, "It does."
"They took her with them," One of them mentioned, "She said she's take in all our punishment that they were going to do."
"Ok," Horatio looked at them as an officer walked by, "Officer, take these girls to get their statement."

As they walked off, Frank looked at Horatio as he looked down at the card again.

"You think they're telling the truth?" Frank asked as Horatio took out his phone.
"They have Sylar, Frank," He punched in Jesse's number first, "See if you can get an address of where they were being held."
"I'll get in on it," He rushed off as my dad waited for him to answer.