‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

To the Rescue

Horatio then called Jake and Calleigh in which he got the address of where I had been but of course we were gone. He hadn't told Ryan much of what was going on yet, but it was his choice not to worry him.

As for me, I was now in another warehouse in which a dead body lay out in front of me as I was still being held captive.

"Boss," One of the guys walked into the warehouse, "Cops are at the warehouse and the girls have escaped."
"And how did they escape?" He asked not looking at me but just throwing out the question.
"They might've had help," He mentioned as I felt a hand connect to the side of my face which threw me off balance as the guy who was holding me up, picked me up again.
"What did you do?" He questioned with an evil smirk on his face.
"Maybe it was one of your own," I spat, "How do you know you don't have a rat?"
"She makes a good point," He nodded as he turned to look away then slowly pulled out a knife, "But I can't exactly trust you."
"You want this to go away right?" I questioned as I looked at him, "Then you need me."
"Fair enough," He sighed as he twirled the knife in which he ran across my lower abdomen, "But I still don't trust you."

I let a sharp moan as I tried to hide it from him because it's what he wanted but I couldn't help but let it escape. I couldn't help it since it seriously hurt. I caught my ragged breath as the guy smirked again.

"Now, clean up this mess," He looked at me as I felt myself being untied, "Get her what she needs to cover this up."

"I need something to get the bullet out and clean up the blood," I whispered as I knelt down to the body in which the others all complied.

It wasn't the most pleasant thing though since I felt like everything I did was being watched. I was just hoping I could play along, long enough to keep myself alive.

As Horatio got to the warehouse where I orginally was, he had Natalia, Jake, Calleigh, and Jesse going over the crime scene, trying to find anything that could let them know I was still alive. Jake was scanning the walls and everything when he noticed something on the chair.

"H," Jake shouted over to him as he noticed the etchings on the chair I made with my fingernails, "She's leaving us clues."
"What's it say?" Horatio asked as he looked at Jake.
"It's Finnish," He smirked lightly at him, "She taught me a little, she said "cousin" and she listed that there's 4 guys."
"Alright," Horatio nodded as he looked at him, "What else?"
"Arms dealer," He looked at Horatio, "And murder cover up."
"Right," He nodded as he looked at Natalia, "Boa Vista, I want you to go to Ryan's house and keep him calm. Everyone else, come with me."

As I finished cleaning up the body and everything around it, the guy whom I still didn't know his name, shoved a boot in my face as he let out a snicker.

"Was that so hard?" He questioned as he nodded at the other guy to get me up.
"People will start to worry that I've been gone so long."
"Which is why we can't stay in one place too long," He smiled as he ordered someone to get the chair.

As I listened to him speak Russian, I gathered where we were going from the little that I knew from when my mother would speak it. I could still feel the blood flowing from the gash as I slowly ran my fingers to it and quietly spelt out where we were going next. I didn't know if anyone was heading in the right direction of where I was but still, it helped me at least thing someone knew. It was an old warehouse, abandoned for years in which I was being taken. It was on the pier, but still, I knew why, especially dealing with an arms dealer now.

I watched as the sun started to slowly fade into the Miami skyline as they took me from the car into the building then down to a chair in which I was being tied up in the middle of the room again.

"You want to know why I took you?" The guy asked again as he turned his back to me going for something on the table.
"Because I'm a CSI?" I questioned as he looked over his shoulder.
"That's one reason," He turned to face me with a needle in his hand, "The other is because you're the black sheep of the family."
"Then just disown me," I looked at him as he walked closer with the needle.
"You've heard an eye for an eye right?" He asked as I looked at him.
"What did I do to you?"
"It's not what you did," He let out some of liquid in the syringe, "It's what your mother did."
"I told you where to find her."
"You see," He ignored me then went on, "Your mother just had to go and sleep with that cop. She just had to tell him about what our family was doing, what we wanted to do before we even came to Miami."
"Maybe she was tired of your bullshit," I smirked as I felt a hand connect to my face again.
"Oh, so now you have a sense of humor, huh?"
"You have no idea," I smirked at him as he smirked back.
"You're just bait to get to Horatio, and if you happen to die in that process, well isn't that a shame?"
"He's smarter than you think he is," I looked at him as he pressed the needle to my skin.
"Maybe," He pushed the syringe into me as I jumped at the touch, "But everyone has a soft side."
"What have you done?" I asked as I started to feel limp.
"Don't die on my now," He lifted my chin as he smirked, "I still want to have fun with you."
"Go to hell," I looked at him as I spat in his face.

I watched as he flinched in which he stepped back then went to hit me again. I felt blows coming each time that I let out a small laugh which couldn't help with whatever drug was in my system now.

"Boss, the ship's here," A guy mentioned as he looked at me.
"You're lucky," He glared as he left the room to head out to the main entrance of where the boat was.

I didn't know what was going on, but I could hear voices, then gun shots. I tried to escape out of the chair but I was too weak, nothing would work for me. My wrists hurt from cuts that were placed on them by two of his men, my eyes were blurried from whatever was in my system, and my face ached from the probably now apparent bruises.

On the outside, my dad along with Frank, Calleigh, Jesse, Eric, Angelo (who Eric called), and Stetler were coming to my rescue. I didn't know it but Jake had snuck around the back entrance in order to get in without being seen.

"Sylar?" I heard Jake call from the darkness but I found myself falling into a sleep even though I didn't want to respond, "Sylar?"

I kept hearing Jake and even though the fuzziness was pulling me in, I slowly made some noise in which I heard footsteps rush to me.

"Sylar," Jake rushed over as he put his gun in his holster then went to untie me, "Are you ok?"
"It hurts," I mumbled as he looked at the cuts and the blood soaked clothes that were on me.
"Come on," Jake picked me up bridal styler as I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his neck.

Jake carefully carried me out as I let out a soft whimper in which the gunshots had now been over.
"It's ok," He whispered softly, "It's all over."

I looked at Jake as the last of the dying sun fell under the water then rested my head against his shoulder. He sat me down on the ambulance as Horatio walked over to us.

"How is she?" He looked at Jake as he watched me.
"She's pretty beaten up H," Jake mentioned, "I'm going to go to the hospital with her."
"Make sure she's ok," Horatio nodded as they lifted me into the ambulance as Jake followed.

"Jake," I choked out as I looked for him as I felt his hand touch mine.
"Yeah?"
"They're after my dad. They didn't want me, it was a trap to get my dad."
"Ssh," He smoothed out my hair, "Just relax."
"Where's Ryan?" I looked at him as he smiled.
"He's meeting us at the hospital."
"Don't leave me," I looked at him as his smile grew.
"I won't," He smiled as I felt his thumb run across the back of my hand.