Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Scrap

I was totally shocked. I didn’t even stop to think that I could be involved so deeply. Right now I wanted nothing more than to talk to Vivian. What was I supposed to do, or say for that matter. I could feel the awkward silence pulsating around us and poking me to say something.
Owen stood up and pulled me to my feet. As he put a hand on my shoulder I managed to look into his amazing silver eyes, and forgot about what he had showed me earlier.
“I know this is probably too much to think about right now.” He paused to sigh. “Especially right now, but we don’t need an answer right away.”
He gave a small smile like he knew what I was thinking. Then he leaned in forward to close the gap between us and gently placed his lips on mine. As we kissed Owen brought his free hand up to cup the back of my head. I was in tune to his movements which made the kiss feel deeper than what it was.
In spite of what had happened earlier, I enjoyed every minute and didn’t want it to ever end; as he was moving away, I pulled him back. I couldn’t resist; he was too addicting. I felt so light, and an instant thought passed my mind, bite him. I want to bite him.
As I pulled away to see his expression I noticed something in the corner of my eye. I turned my head to it and was surprised to see Luke standing there solid as a stone. Then his story flashed across my eyes and I saw the pain in his eyes.
When Luke started walking towards us I opened my mouth to say something, anything to stop what was going to happen next, but I couldn’t.
“It’s not what it seems Luke,” Owen assured, and I was thankful that at least he could say something.
“Oh yeah? Well it really looks to me what it was,” he said so angrily that a growl passed his lips.
“No Luke, you don’t understand,” I blurted in attempt to relax him; my efforts weren’t working entirely greatly.
“Don’t tell me what I’m supposed to understand!” he snapped. “I know what I saw. It was a lie, Violet. I can see past him.” Luke shouted. His cold dark eyes were boring holes into mine, and if it weren’t for the moment I would have thought it romantic. “I love you Violet.” he said softer. “I love you.”
Then with that he turned his head to Owen and immediately hate flashed across his face. Luke snarled baring his fangs. Quicker than they eye could see, he jumped forward, knocking Owen off his feet.
Owen, even quicker, got back up. He Didn’t even have a scratch. Luke started to circle, kind of like how two animals would before they scrap.
“You don’t have to do this,” Owen said calmly. “Lets just talk about it.” At least he was trying to be reasonable; on the other hand Luke didn’t seem like he wanted to reason about anything.
“No!” he shouted, “I’ve already lost one love, and I am not willing to lose again,” Luke growled through bared teeth. He gave me a quick glance as he said, “I won’t let you be pulled into this lie.”
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I mean I had strong feelings for Luke, and I even thought about him confessing to me that he had feelings too, but not like this. Not as he was about to rip Owen to pieces. Somehow I had managed to confuse myself into a love triangle, but what frustrated me more than that was that I didn’t even know which one I loved more.
As I was thinking, Luke had made the first attack which sent Owen bolt back so fast and into a fragile tree. The tree moaned angrily as it came crashing down. Dust flew up into the air. Owen jumped out of the rubble but didn’t get too far before Luke slammed his fist into Owens jaw. Owen seemed unaffected as he grabbed Luke’s wrist and spun around. When he let go Luke made a twist in the air and came down unharmed.
An angry sound escaped his lips, and his face looked darker than before. Owen, however was calm. A glow formed in the palm of his hand and he aimed it at Luke. rays of white light flew from his hand and contacted with Luke. From what I could see, his tanned skin started burning, and Luke screeched with pain.
“Owen stop!” I screamed. “You’re killing him!” I ran towards Owen to somehow stop the light from his hand but he shoved me away. I hit the ground and looked up at Owen who was now standing over me. His eyes were black, no hint of silver left in them.
Before Owen could get a word out Luke jumped on his back and dug sharp claws into his face as he yanked his head in an odd direction. I could see the burns on Luke’s face slowly disappear as blood came oozing from his victims’.
A deep growl came from Owen as a muscle jumped in his neck. From the weight on Owens shoulders, the two fell back and they hit the ground with a crack. They blurred into a wrestle where Luke was on top of Owen and driving punches at his face. If I didn’t stop them soon they would rip each other to pieces. I jumped to my feet and looked for an opportunity to enter the fight.
Owen managed to throw Luke off of him and they both jumped back to their feet. Owen started throwing punches that rarely missed their target.
Luke dodged one and came back at Owen with extreme force, and a loud bang shot through my ears. Then Luke grabbed Owens right arm and twisted it in a way that should never happen. I heard a snap, then Owen yell in agony.
That’s when I decided enough, was enough. I didn’t want them fighting over me. Before Luke could dismantle Owens arm I shoved him away.
“Stop it, stop it now!” I screamed. “Have you lost your mind, Luke?” I looked at Owen who was snapping his arm back into its place. He seemed fine so I turned back to Luke. “You never told me before that you loved me. How was I supposed to know that an innocent kiss would hurt you this badly?”
“Violet, we all know that your kiss wasn’t innocent, but I‘m willing to let that go as soon as he‘s in pieces,” Luke glared at Owen over my shoulder. I could see his eyes rolling with hate, but he wasn’t getting past me. “He’s not worth it Violet,” he said so convincingly that it threw me off guard. Luke burred and the next thing I knew was that he had Owen in a death grip and had his blade so close to Owens throat.
I wouldn’t let this happen, not now, not ever. I could feel all the adrenaline inside me rush so fast that a wave of madness hit me hard. The muscles in my face were so tight that it felt wrong to speak, but I did. “No Luke, I wont let you.”

I shot over to them in a fraction of a second, and knocked Luke off his feet. Before he even had time to think, I threw myself on top of him and pinned him to the ground.
“Violet get off me now,” he growled, trying hard to stay calm. I screamed and all the muscles in my body tightened to the point where I thought they would snap apart. The feel of fire burned in my esophagus and the sound that vibrated through it burned deeper. I tried to grab a hold of something, or let them know the pain but I couldn’t.
“Violet!” Luke screamed. I could hear him; and then I remembered. He tried to kill Owen. I jerked as the pain rippled through my body. It felt like I was being skinned while someone was ripping me limb from limb. The blood in my veins came to a halt and my pale skin started to turn a bruised purple. My fangs shoot out of my mouth and ripped my gums, I could taste the blood in on my tongue. An instant pain ran through my fingers, like someone was chewing on them. When I looked my nails were cutting out of my skin and curled at the tips. I looked at Luke who was staring at me with horror. His features changed, my eyes were becoming sharper. I could now see as if it were daylight. I could see every tree, and inside every shadow. Then as if I were dreaming a voice stung my thoughts.
You can run, but you can no longer hide.
Ignoring the helping hand from Owen I stood myself up and turned to Luke. He looked more terrified than I ever saw him before. Usually he was the one saving me, but I was so furious with him for something that I couldn’t quite remember. Maybe it was that he walked in on Owen and I. Or was it that he tried to kill Owen?
A unfamiliar tone passed my lips when I said, “It looks like I have to teach you a little lesson.” I could feel my lips stretch into a grin and I reached out, grabbing Luke’s arms. His face began to crunch and a scream bubbled out of his mouth. I could feel his bones become weaker under my grasp. I was going to crush him. That would teach him. The grin on my face grew bigger with every cry, and I could hear myself laughing. Luke would learn not to mess with my emotions!
A distressed voice from behind broke me from my vibe.
“Violet, stop. You’re going to kill him.”
I looked at Luke. His head was drooping and the breaths were coming short. I realized what was happening, I wasn‘t teaching a lesson, I was taking his immortality. I released my grip and fell back. I looked down at my hands where my pale pigment was returning.
When Luke had gained enough energy he looked at me with a mixture of emotions. I couldn’t tell if he was scared, angry, or furious. Then I saw the damage. Where my hands had been on his arm was worse than a mark. His skin was pealed away and bones were jutting out and gushing blood. There were dark circles around his eyes, and I though I saw tear running down his cheek.
“Luke,” I whispered. I didn’t know what else to say to him. I reached out my hand; the claws had retracted.
“Do not touch me,” Luke warned, and when I dropped my hand, Luke blurred out of sight.
“What happened to me,” I said, staring into the space where Luke had been standing. I was cold, and I couldn’t get rid of the feeling that was telling me that I would never see Luke again.
“I don’t know,” Owen replied, even he seemed like a strange felling at that moment. “But I think you should lay down.”
I couldn’t complain. My body felt like a wisp of steam in a cauldron, and before I could say no, and argue that I had to find Luke before it was too late. Although I knew, it was too late. My conscious mind whispered he’s gone, Luke is never coming back.