Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Divinely Hope

Days when the sun is raised high in the sky it makes me feel like I’m on the edge of time. I’m sitting by a little river that stretches out into a body of water, surrounded by giant trees, and all I can hear is the sound of the water trickling past rocks that are stuck in the middle. I feel stuck in the middle sometimes, between two good things and don’t know what one is the right way to go. It feels like I’m alone on everything I do, because my choice could change the future into peace or hell. Even now I’m wondering to myself if I’m doing the right thing.
“Violet,” echo’s a voice in my head, “Violet, stay with us,” another one sounds.
“Violet, over here, this is where you belong.” Another voice tugs at my thoughts.
I just ignore them, and let my mind carry onward like the water in the river, maybe it’ll bring me to a place where I don’t have to worry about anything.
The sun is warming up the earth and everything around me is silent as if all the creatures are enjoying the peaceful day.
The reflection of the sun’s rays shimmering on the top of the water and bring back a horrible memory to my mind. I remember so vivid and clear like the night it had happened, the night I found Vivian, my best friend, floating in this very river. A cold breeze sends a chill down my spine leaving me frozen inside.
Time slips by while I let the sun kiss my freezing skin, when suddenly my head starts throbbing with pain. The sun slips behind the trees in a cloudless sky; I hold my head tightly as my fingers dig into my temples. I clamp my teeth together hoping it could somehow ease the pain. The silence of the day turns into a symphony of animals screeching from every direction, but above the symphony I can hear a voice, it’s Vivian.
“Violet, I tried to tell you,” she says in an angry tone, as more pain strikes and my eyes roll back into my head, even the smallest amount of light kills. “But you didn’t listen to me.”
I try to scream from the pain that evades me, but all that comes out is warm saliva from my mouth, I can feel the veins in my head popping out as if about to burst at any moment. “I’m going to find Luke, stay here if you must, but I’ll have you know you’re walking right into his dream, and the war…”
The pain starts receding, as I am able to look into the light
once more,
“Goodbye Violet.” I hear her say, and those were the final words I heard.
As the picture of the day slowly fades I hear one word repeating over and over like a broken record “War, war, war.” ~

Unlike all of my other dreams I woke up unusually calm instead of freaking out. The only problem was my face was in a puddle of drool that had half dried on my face. My blanket’s had been thrown everywhere and not only was I freezing and curled into the fetal position, but also I had a headache, where had Vivian gone?
I decided not to worry about it since it was probably nothing to worry about anyway.
Suddenly Ava flew into the room like a kid on Christmas. “Wake up! Come on you need to get ready.” Ava grabbed my hand and literally dragged me out of the tent; she was way more excited than necessary. I don’t think she had noticed the dried drool on my face, which was good. I quickly tried to rub it off with the palm of my free hand.
“First we need to get you in some presentable clothes,” she said, as she looked me up and down, “those rags that you have on now won’t do, in fact they’ll never do now that you’re going to be Queen; they might as well be thrown out!”
“For one thing, I can dress myself,” I argued, “and secondly, nobody touches my clothes.” I stared her in the eyes, I don’t know who she thinks she is anyway, last time I checked I was about to be the new Queen, not her. I calmed myself down and then asked, not knowing if I wanted to know the answer, “What am I going to be wearing?”
“You’ll be wearing a pink, frilly dress,” she said with a straight face, so I couldn’t tell if she was joking or not. I hoped she was.
“Pink and frilly? I refuse.” She just laughed, “No I was kidding, it’s not pink or frilly, but you have to wear a dress.”
“Yuck, I hate dresses, whoever invented those ugly things anyway?”
“Don’t know,” Ava smiled.
“Well they should be murdered!” I laughed at my own joke, “And when I’m Queen that’s the first thing I’ll do, banish dresses forever.”
Ava laughed some more, “You’ll have plenty of other things to worry about besides dresses Violet.”
Ava led me -surprisingly- not to another tent but to a building, the first one I had saw since I left my hometown. It actually appeared big on the outside, and made out of complete stone, marble perhaps? But I couldn’t tell. Though I wondered why I hadn’t seen it earlier.
When we went through the giant stone door I almost lost my breath at the sight of how beautiful it was. Ava let go of my hand as she told me to follow her. The floors were made entirely of Amethyst, perfectly polished, and the walls of limestone, with pictures of Queens and their children. There was a tall water fountain in the center of the floor and pouring out of it was the bluest water I had ever dreamed of seeing. Circling around the fountain was a pond with little fish swimming around, but when they saw me they quickly darted under a water lily floating aimlessly.
“This way, Golden Child!” Ava hollered. She was already at the end of the room about to turn a corner. I rushed over to her and followed her down a narrow corridor and then into a room.
“This is the dressing room,” she announced, “which is where you come to get dressed for special occasions by our fine tailors, and since this is an extremely special occasion, we thought it would be better if the Queen before you should choose your dress.”
Standing on the other end of the room in front of a dark window was a girl that only looked about twelve years old with extremely beautiful green eyes. Her curly white blonde hair hung down with her bangs pinned up and out of her eyes. She wore a stunning golden tiara on top of her head. She stepped towards me and extended her hand.
“I am Divinely Hope,” She said with a sincere voice. “My short time as Queen is about to be diminished, but let’s not think on sad topics. Tonight is a night of joy and peace,” Divinely smiled with teeth so white that it matched her pearl necklace. I noticed that she had little fangs and thought that should be impossible since she had sorcerer eyes. Instead of hurting myself I decided to start conversation.
“I’m Vio” – she cut me short,
“I know who you are, no need for introducing yourself.” This time her voice sounded sad.
“Ava, leave me with the Queen to be, she will be ready in time.”
Ava bowed and left the room, but honestly I didn’t want her to leave.
“I have the perfect dress,” she said without looking at me. She walked over to an open chest and picked a dress off the hook and gently slid the dress out of its dark burgundy cover bag.
I honestly hate dresses but the one she had picked was amazing, white with a shade of blue and embroidered with silvery designs on the chest. At the shoulders hung a silky white cape that looked amazing against the blue of the dress.
“It was my mother’s coronation gown,” she said as tears began to form in her eyes, “And her final gown before I became Queen.”
As she spoke tears slowly fell down her cheeks leaving sparkling wet trails.
“Her final?” my voice shook a little.
“Before I was Queen,” she said looking at me like I should’ve known the answer.
“Oh, of course.” What a stupid question, I thought, a twelve-year-old is making me look like a dummy.
“This dress has been through a lot, but our fine tailors here had managed to mend it back to its original look.”
I didn’t know what she was talking about, but before I knew it, I was out of my old clothes and fashioned in the gorgeous dress. I never would have thought a dress could look this perfect on me.
To finish the look Divinely placed a silver circlet on top of my head, and I looked like a princess going to a fancy ball.
Since we hadn’t talked very much I decided to stir up a conversation,
“So you’re a Queen.” I stated.
She looked at me with no emotion, “soon to be an ex-Queen.”
“Ah, well it’s not all that bad,” I said, trying to somehow comfort her.
She was silent.
“So, are you a Witch then?”
“Not all Witch,” she answered.
“What do you mean?”
“My mother was a Vampire,” she paused, “the story is; when the Witch Mother -also the Queen- of the time found her in the forest she was half insane, but she was beautiful. The Witch Mother decided to take her in as her own kin since she had no daughters. My mother ended up having me with A Sorcerer.” She looked away, embarrassed of crying in front of me. “I miss my mother,” she said while looking down at her hands.
The door of the room slowly opened and in popped Ava’s head; she smiled with diligence,
“You are ready?”
As I was walking away Divinely grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me into a hug.
“Help me,” she whispered in my ear and then let me go. Ava then grabbed my hand and pulled me out; what did she mean by help?