Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Another Dream?

As I walked through the dark forest, I remembered many things I thought I might have forgotten. I also wondered about the place that used to be my home, how was everyone doing? Or was there anyone left? The thought came up that it was all my fault.
"None of this would've happened if it wasn't for me!" I said under my breath.
I had a lot of time to do nothing besides walk in the forest, and quite honestly it was getting a little boring. I walked until I finally came across a little stream, and as the saying goes streams to rivers, then I shall follow. And like Vivian had told me, "Look for a stream in the forest; when you find it, follow it." I did.
When the sun started to rise, my Vampire senses were telling me it was time for bed, so I found a little cave, crawled inside, and shut my eyes.

Tonight the moon is high in the sky; it's a full moon, so the light is pouring through even the darkest places. It looks as if the trees keep on moving, making it feel like I'm running through a never ending maze. Each time I turn, I find myself caught in a dead end. It's like the trees are closing in on me now, making each step seem as though I will run right into one of them. I can't breathe, so I scream hoping someone will hear me. I do hear a voice. A man says, "I'm coming Violet, just wait there!" But I can't wait there, I just can't!
Voices inside my head play like a broken record. The voices that made me run in the first place were whispering, "You can run, but you can’t hide." As I am side tracked by the voices I trip over an uprooted tree.
Maybe it did that on purpose, I think to myself. I'm so scared that I can't hold the tears back. I can feel my muscles tense as another voice sounds so close, seeming as if there is someone right beside me whispering in my ear, "I'll find you, and I'll catch you!” It says.
I scramble to my feet and run faster than I ever have in my life. I run to the nearest tree and hold tightly to its bark, and hope that whatever is out there will leave.
"Just go away!" I yell at the darkness like it will listen to my cry. "Stop, please!” I begin to sob when I can hear the sound of the leaves crunching wildly underneath heavy boots as they get closer and closer. I let out a soft whimper when the crunching suddenly stops. Are they gone? Have they given up? I don't want to even breathe just in case they are still there. I gather enough courage to peak around the other side of the tree, but nobody's there. That is until I feel something grasping my arm tightly and I scream! ~

"Ahhhhhh!" I screamed, as my lungs panted for air. I woke in another cold sweat to that same nightmare, but it had changed a little this time. This time it was me who was running in the forest. Why did I keep dreaming of this? I thought.
I emerged out of the cave to get some fresh air; it was a wonderful night, filled with silence.
I heard a twig snap in the distance and every nerve inside me screamed, Run!
Have the Xavenerians figured out where I am? I asked myself.
I thought that if I had a heartbeat it would have probably blown up right about now. As I raced through the trees, many questions were running through my mind. I was starting to feel very light headed, like the air was being sucked out of my lungs. Sweat dripped down my pale skinned face, and my eyes were widened with fear. What was happening? I wondered with wide eyes.
I heard someone running after me, but I was too afraid to look back. The sound of dried leaves crackling underneath worn boots behind me echoed through the forest; leaving the illusion that they were right behind me. As I thought of the possibilities, my foot snagged on a loose vine on the forest floor, and I fell to the ground; landing with my face in the soil. The leaves were still crunching, boots were still running, and my brain was throbbing so hard that it felt like it could explode out of my skull at any moment. With all of my strength, I lifted myself up off the ground and ran to the nearest tree, wishing that somehow it could swallow me whole and conceal me inside.
Once I realized the crunching had stopped I felt an odd sense that I had been here before. Time passed by and there was still no crunching of the leaves, but I was still holding my breath. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to know how it ended, but I knew I must. With all of the courage that I had left inside of me, I stepped away from the tree. I walked around it, and searched for a sound, a voice, anything!
"I'm just being silly," I said out loud. "This is my dream! It can't possibly be happening!"
And just as I spoke those words I ran into something hard. When I looked up, I screamed horrified, as my vision started to fade into pitch-blackness.