Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Say What?

I woke up the next night in an odd looking room, and was covered in animal skins and furs. When I looked over I could see Luke sleeping like a baby, but I couldn't find Vivian anywhere. I started to panic, and a wave of hysteria came over me and I started feeling a little bit drained. I had to get out of there. It felt like the weight of the air was crashing down on me, so I bolted out of the room.
I walked out into what I would describe as a new world since I found myself in a place I'd never seen before. Although it was dark I could see that It definitely didn't look like a forest. For miles as far as the eye could see were strange looking huts that seemed to be made of wood. The landscape was rolling, and there were mountains faded by the distance. The stars were out, and there were no clouds in the moonless sky.
Not too far away I could see a light flickering, so I went to it. As I neared closer I realized it was a camp fire, and there were shadowed figures sitting around it. One of the figures stood up, but I couldn't quite make out their face. They started walking right towards me. I kept as calm as I could when the dark figure started to speak.
"Hello guest," it said, it sounded like a girl.
"Hello?" I asked. Then the darkness left as she stepped into clear view.
"I'm Ava," she said as she extended her hand to me, I shook it.
Ava had enchanting vivid green eyes that looked like the forest themselves, her hair was tied back out of her face into a long dark red ponytail, and her skin looked bleached with an assortment of tattoo's all over. My eyes were drown to the amber gem she was wearing around her neck, it looked like it was on fire even in the little light of the moon. She was very pretty indeed.
"I'm Violet," I answered her unasked question.
"We know,” said Ava, gesturing over to the fire. I peeked over her shoulder and frowned at the sight. Every body at the fire was looking in my initial direction, some waved. But beyond my disappointment I was shocked. Why I thought is it that everywhere I go everyone already knows me! it’s not fair.
"Oh," I replied. Ava must have noticed the disappointed in my tone, but she didn‘t say anything if she did.
"Come sit by the fire," she said instead.
The fires’ colours were amazing, like nothing I had ever seen. It would change from jungle greens to ocean blues; the flames danced as they licked the wood and would periodically form pictures of dancers and animals.
"Why am I here?" I asked, not really looking for an answer, but surprised when Ava answered me.
"We saw that you were in plenty of trouble, Golden Child, and decided we must help."
"Not to be mean in any sort of way but, what are you?"
"You are right, that was mean," Ava smiled sourly, "But to answer your question, we are Witches and Sorcerers."
Someone in the circle of people piped up.
"Tell her about the plan Ava," It was a male voice that I heard.
"Not now Owen!" she said through her teeth, while glaring at him. Then she turned towards me again and smiled, "In time, Golden Child."
"Okay," I said, but there was one more question on my mind. “Where's my friend?"
"Oh you mean Vivian?" she asked.
Okay, how did she know that? I wondered, but instead of asking her that I said, "Yes, can I see her please?"
"Well, she's healing right now but Owen will take you to her." Ava snapped her fingers and Owen stood up, he was taller then I had expected.
I followed Owen away from the fire and as soon as we were far enough away from listening ears I asked him, "What did you mean by the plan?"
He flashed me a gaze that said, “Don't” but then it softened.
"Maybe later," was all he said.
When we arrived to yet another hut he pulled back the hanging fur and allowed me into the surprisingly large candle lit room. it didn’t really look like a hut on the inside, but a home.
In the centre of the room there was a tall bed that held Vivian on it, she was bandaged and had what looked to be long strips of leaf wrapped over the wound on her leg.
"Is she able to speak?" I quietly asked Owen, not wanting to wake Vivian.
"Not yet," he answered back.
My mind was lost somewhere when he spoke, because I was staring into the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. Dark blue rings around the silvery blue irises had me mesmerized as soon as I looked into them.
Owens’ face looked to perfection. His lips were full, and his hair was cut short and spiked. The copper colour caught my eye right away. Then he smiled and, if I had a beating heart I’m sure it would have melted. His smile was so soft and comforting that it made me feel like I was floating on cloud nine.
"I think I believe in love at first sight now-” oh crap I said that out loud! I threw my hands to my mouth and could feel the heat in my face. Owen just kept on smiling. He was probably used to girls falling in love with him at first sight.
"It's okay," he said, "I was thinking the same about you."
Oh man, he likes me too, what a relief! I thought. And just at that moment Vivian woke up, she groaned from the pain.
"Vivian!" I yelled while running over to her. Her eyes had rolled into the back of her head and she started shaking violently, with screaming following that. I tried my hardest to keep her on the bed, while Owen ran to get help.
He came back with five others and I was escorted out of the room, where I could still hear my friend screaming. The saddest part was that I couldn’t do anything about it. I tried not to worry too much because I knew Vivian was in good hands, so Owen and I walked back to the fire.
When we neared it, Owen walked ahead of me to meet Ava, and whispered something in her ear. I knew it was wrong, but I stared. Ava then gave him a smile, put her hand on his back, and led him back to the fire. The thing is, I am never jealous, but seeing that made my face go hot. I was jealous of her? I didn’t even know her let alone him!
When I got to the fire I noticed Luke was awake so I went to sit beside him.
“Hey there sleepy head,” I joked and nudged him in the ribs. He just laughed and replied,
“Hey, where were you?”
“Went to see Vivian,” I said as I looked at the ground.
“How’s she holding up?” He asked with sympathy. He really did care.
“Not so good,” I replied. It was when I looked up to him that I noticed something I hadn’t before. Luke’s shaggy hair had been cut revealing-
“Whoa!” I screamed and jumped off the log that I was sitting on. My face crunched up. Luke almost looked amused at my reaction, probably thinking that I was surprised at his hair cut.
“What’s the matter Violet?” he smiled.
“You didn’t tell me you were a Xavenerian!” I shrieked, as all around the fire, whispers arose.
Luke’s smile fell. “I thought you knew,” he said, sounding a little disappointed.
“Huh, obviously not!” I replied both angry and irritated, “Why didn’t you say anything!” I was beginning to feel weak. My brain was still processing that Luke was a Xavenerian!
“Like I said already, I thought you knew!” He nearly yelled. I could tell all his calm was disappearing and being replaced with anger. Just to point out that when Xavenerians get angry there could be trouble. “Obviously you don’t know who I am,” he growled with a hint of sarcasm.
“No, I don’t, so do you mind explaining why you’re even here then? Or wait I know what it is, you’re going to kidnap me and bring me to your Queen so she can claim me!” I accused him, feeling my own anger spike.
Luke’s reply had caught me off guard, because I was expecting him to have a fit. Instead he looked weak and vulnerable when he said, “I’m not who you think I am.” Then he lowered his head, looking ashamed. “It’s a long story if you’re willing to listen to it.” he sounded sad.
“I have all night long,” I replied icily and folded my arms across my chest. At that point I had no sympathy left for him whatsoever.