Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Luke's Story

There was commotion inside the castle. The Xavenerians’ Queen, Lilith, Her Majesty had weeping and angry all morning long. Her cries rang throughout the village, tearing through the air and making all of the other Xavenerians’ angry as well.
It is announced that her Royal Majesty’s most prized possession, a ring that she received from her father just before he died; the families’ heirloom, had been stolen.
The description of the ring was told so that if anyone were to find it they should bring it back to the castle and receive a reward, which would not be announced until the ring was returned ~

Ethan - my best friend at the time - and I were walking along an old dirt path that lead to the village. I noticed a raven flying above our heads, and looked up just in time to see its’ giant wings hide the moon. There were things on my mind that I wanted to get cleared. The recent conversation between Ethan and I had dulled down so I felt it was the perfect time to ask.
“I don’t know Ethan, should I?” I held the ring in my left hand and smoothed it with my thumb.
Ethan thought about it for a moment and then answered, “If you think she’s the one, and you truly love her, you should already know the answer.” he smiled at me. “Hey Luke, let me see the ring you picked out for her,” Ethan said.
“Sure,” I replied and handed over the ring.
“Whoa!” Ethan gushed, “Look at that. It’s amazing. Where’d you find this one?”
I replied, “It was my mothers old wedding band.” I could feel the tears on my cheeks, but refused to wipe them away. Instantly, like someone had flipped a switch, all the memories of my parents came flooding back…

It was a long time ago, I was just a young Xavenerian then. My father had been in the Queen’s force and was sent away that night to capture the Golden Child. My mother was at home with me when it happened. We were sitting down to supper when all of a sudden our wooden door came crashing down. I can even remember the look on my mothers face. A cross between the aching pain of knowing death was upon us, and the horrifying sting that she knew she couldn’t do anything to avoid it.
“Seri Voulduria!” the booming voice rang. It was one of the Queens’ many slayers. Slayers where just a term used to describe the warriors sent by the Queen to kill traitors. I had no Idea what my mother had done to deserve such punishment, but she had not let me argue.
“Luke,” she said with strain in her voice. “Go hide son, now!” I did as was told for I never disobeyed my mother; so loving, so kind. I hid under the trap door to an underground room, but kept the door a little bit above so I could still see the conversation between the two.
“Do you know why I’m here, Seri?” he spat the question like it had burned his lips.
“Yes,” my mother replied quietly. “But can we do this elsewhere please. I have a son,” she plead.
The Slayer formed a look of amusement on his face, but when he spoke the words sounded mocking. “You know I can’t do that,“ he softened looking deeply into my mothers eyes. “You are a traitor,” he began again. “Traitors don’t get last words let alone favours. You know what you did.”
“I was trying to keep my family safe Con!”
She knew his name? I thought, how was that possible. Slayers never gave out there name to anyone.
“Seri, I wish it wasn’t me that had to do this. I love you,” My breath got stuck in my throat and leaned further to the opening of the trap door so I could hear better. “But you defied specific orders. And now I have to kill you.”
“No Con, you don’t. You can help me run away. Just you and me, and Luke.” Con looked almost like he had considered the offer but as instantly as he was about to say yes he replaced his answer with a solid frown.
“There is no weaselling your way out of this one Seri. Besides, if we did run away then the Xavenerians would track us until our heads were on a plate.”
My mother turned her back to him, and I could now see her face; she was smiling. “Kill me then,” she said and raised her arms up over her head.”
“Come on, let’s not end it like this.” Con said, and grabbed a hold of my mother’s wait and spun her toward him, pulling her into his body. One of his giant hands stroked her hair back.
“I love you,” I heard my mom whisper, and instantly felt a knot in my stomach tighten so hard that I had to hold my mouth closed to keep from vomiting. Con smiled lovingly at my mother and then brought his lips to hers. I watched in horror as she allowed him to kiss her. I knew if I didn’t get out of there I would’ve done something I’m sure I’d have regretted. Just as I swung the trap door open a knife flew past my mother, and Cons’ head and hit the wall behind them.
“Oops, I missed.” came my fathers solid voice.
“Vince,” Con hissed. “Can’t you see that I am busy?”
My fathers anger flared so quickly that I thought he’d rip out of his outfit. before I could process what was happening my father was on top of Con and trying to drive a knife into his dead heart. My mother spun around and came face to face with me.
“Luke, what did I tell you!”
“Mother…” was all I could muster. The recent memories I had seen of her kissing a Slayer not minutes before had stung my vision. I hadn’t realized the hot tears leaking over my eyes.
“Oh Luke I’m so sorry baby,” she said with that motherly voice of hers, and hugged me. Out of all my frustration I let her. How could I not? She was a dead woman, and I would never see her again after this night. I looked over her shoulder just in time to see Con decapitate my father as his limp body fell to the ground where his head already lay.
“It is time Seri!” Con growled.
“I love you baby,” My mother said and kissed my forehead, but was then ripped away from me as a scream escaped her lips. She was soon silenced when a blade pierced through her back and obsolete heart, which had ripped through her apron as blood spilled out and onto the floor. The blade was then removed from my mothers corpse as her empty body fell to the floor.
Con looked up at me with tears in his eyes and all said was, “Sorry.” and left abruptly without another word. I stared at my parents’ bodied on the floor of our home, but I couldn’t order myself to move and clean up the mess. I was in complete shock. I was so lost, and didn’t know what to do… ~

Once Ethan realized that he had hit a nerve he apologised, but I was too numb inside to care that I didn't even hear him. We walked in silence back to the village. I refused to say anything more, but kept contemplating whether to pop the question on her or not. When we reached our destination, Ethan and I both went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that I didn't post this chapter until now. It's because I had to edit it from present tense to past tense, which it still isn't fully edited (punctiation-wise) so I'm sorry if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in some parts. Again sorry for the wait.

* I ahd to re-post this chapter sorry.. I added a little bit of Luke's past that tell you how his parents died. that's really all I changed.

If you have any ideas please write them in the comments section, It would be very much appreciated. Thank you =)