Dancer Girl

Stupid Cast

I woke up and James was gone. Wondering where he could have gone at 5 in the morning, I hobbled to the corner to get my crutches. Then, an unfamiliar scent attacked me. Alarmed, I made my way to the kitchen.

THere was smoke coming from a pan on the stove. No, scratch that, there was still fire coming from a pan on the stove. Unlike whoever was standing there, I did not panic. I grabbed a mixing bowl from a cupboard and filled it up with water. Then, I threw the water onto the stove and the person. I looked at the other person in the kitchen, assuming it was one of my horrible cook parents. I shook my head, at least I found James.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Trying to make you pancakes," he grinned at me.

My eyebrows shot up. "Really."

"Yeah. Too bad I can't cook to save my life."

"Uh, okay?"

"Don't look at me in that tone of voice, missy!"

I rubbed my neck. "Whateva. Just clean up your mess, kid," and I wobbled back to my bedroom. I plopped on my bed, then figured I should get ready for school. I gathered stuff for a shower.

About twenty minutes later, I was shutting the water off and stepping out of the bright yellow shower. The door slammed open to reveal a red James who was stuttering and making excuses.

I lunged for a towel with my good leg and covered myself up as he left. I shook my head amazed at him. Boys must be really stupid, I thought as I got dressed. My leg was throbbing, so I took some of my medicine and left. I made my way to the living room, and sat down next to my mom on the couch.

"Honey?" She asked.

"Hmm?"

"Why is your cast wet?"

"Oh. I took a shower."

She sighed, "And you didn't cover it up?"

"Uh, no."

She shook her head at me. "Casts aren't supposed to get wet."

"Oh. Well that seems like poor planning."

"Come on. We gotta get you a new cast," she said and whapped me upside the head.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I owe you 6 more as of now. Sorry for the wait.