Dancer Girl

After School

I tapped my good foot impatiently while I leaned on the crutches. James wasn't here to pick me up yet and I was getting annoyed....and cold.

I sighed and saw a white cloud. I limped back into my school building. A few football players who I'd never bothered to learn the names of pushed past me. One of them knocked me over. I think if it had been anyone they knew, they would have caught me, but I just fell.

I didn't have the energy to get back up. I'd lost sleep because of my bulky cast. It really isn't comfortable to not be able to bend/twist your legs anyway you want to in your sleep. Plus, my shin never really stopped throbbing no matter how many pain pills I popped.

I'm not sure how long I sat in the school hallway.I daydreamed and thought. I might have even lost consciousness for a while.

Maybe I hit my head when the jocks had pushed me over, because I don't remember anything from when I was sitting there. I don't remember why I finally decided to get up, or how I found my way to the school auditorium. It was not empty.

On the stage a single boy. In the audience, sat a large woman in a desk that I wasn't even aware worked at my school. The actor began reciting lines from Shakespeare's play, Othello.

"I will a round unvarnished tale deliver
Of my whole course of love; what drugs, what charms,
What conjuration and what mighty magic,
For such proceeding I am charged withal,
I won his daughter."

It continued, and I was captured. I could have believed that he loved me, that I we weren't allowed to love each other. He was wonderful. He finished reciting his lines, and I clapped even louder than the casting lady.

The fat woman turned around to glare at me as the boy hopped off the stage. He began running toward the door behind me as the rude lady was talking to me. "Do you need something?" She asked ratherly snippily.

"No," sniped right back at her.

"Then I suggest you get your butt out of my auditorium."

"I think that's a good idea, considering your's is too big to fit through the door." He passed me and laughed quietly at my statement.

The fat lady glared at me. "Get out." She said. I shrugged and wobbled followed the boy out on my crutches.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha. You know how when you ask an author for tips on writing and they always tell you that their character told them what they did and how they did it. I just had one of those experiences.