Dancer Girl

Jealousy

"What did you do today?" James asked when he pulled up.

I hobbled into his car, "Hung out with New Boy."

"Why are you always hanging out with him?" he asked bitterly.

"Cause he's the only not-epicly-annoying person at my school."

"Don't you have chick friends?"

"Living at a dance studio 24/7 isn't exactly conducive to having any friends."

"So you can't find any now?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because. . . I just have a bad feeling about him."

"Are you jealous?" I asked him surprised. He wouldn't look me in the eye, and I laughed considering my newly found knowledge of the sexual orientation of my friend.

"How is this funny?!"

"Because he doesn't exactly swing this way."

"He will soon if he keeps hanging out with you." He muttered. I blushed and pecked him on the cheek.

"Well, thank you, hun. But I don't think so. There ain't nothing in the world that can make a gay guy stop being gay when he had a crush on Alex Gaskarth."

He laughed, but it was still controlled. "Whatever you say."

Then there was an awkward silence that I fixed by turning the radio up reeeeaaaaaalllllyyyy loud. I was delighted to find his "Rent" CD's in the player. I was rocking out to Tango: Maureen the whole way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel really bad because I lied. I was not back on December 1st. What a bad person I am.

P.S. I need someone to remind me what "New Boy's" name was. If I gave him one.

I love Rent :). If you haven't seen it, I feel bad for you.

13