Dancer Girl

Lost

James took me on the tour, then led me back to my dorm room. "It was nice to meet you," he grinned.

I smiled back. "Nice to meet you too. See you around?"

"Maybe in rehearsal." The boy turned and walked to his dorm.

I pulled out the key I had been given at the beginning of the tour. Looking at the key, a sigh sneaked out. My room was on the ninth floor.

I found the stair easy enough, and started climbing. At least I wouldn't miss my workout while I was here.

By the time I reached my room, I was sweaty and gross. I unlocked the door in a hurry and walked in to find my bags sitting on my bed. I grabbed my shower stuff. I had my first ballet class at 3, so I only had an hour to get ready.

Once I was clean, I went to find the bag containing my dance stuff, and I dug out my black leotard and pink tights. When my hair was in a bun, I slipped on some street clothes and a pair of flip flops. After I made my way out of the building I realized, I had no idea where to go. James had shown me earlier, but I was horrible with directions.

I sighed and just started walking, hoping that maybe I'd get lucky and remember where my building was.

A lady jogged passed me with a ginormous bag. Her golden hair was worn in a similar fashion to mine. I ran to catch up to her.

"Excuse me. Are you going to the Freshmen Ballet Class?"

She stopped jogging so I could walk with her. "Yeah, why?"

I sighed embarrassed. "I'm lost."

I expected her to laugh, but she didn't. "Kay." She said perkily. "Follow me." We started jogging again. "What's your name again?"

"Gen." I told her.

"I'm Devon."

I didn't reply. I could see our building now. We ran through the doors and bolted up the stairs to the ladies locker room.

I grabbed my ballet slippers and shoved my bag in my locker. Devon and I set off up another set of stairs.

When I entered the room, I was quick to find an isolated part of the barre. I sat down and stretched until the teacher walked through the door.

Everybody rose when they saw Mrs. Wingert. She took a brief moment to smile warmly at me in my corner, and then started class.