Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 4

9 months into Senior year and Graduation, Finally
I had finished my exams and school was finally over so I could go where ever I wanted, I had been accepted into Princeton and Harvard but I didn’t think I wanted to go to College I mean sure the lifestyle would be nice but I wanted to get away from America all together. I wanted to travel the world, go to the most remote parts of the earth and meet totally new people; I picked up languages quickly so communication wouldn’t be difficult.
Mom was still her drunk self and I had come to loath being near her for she smelt horrid and she never spoke a kind word to me, often forgetting my name or the fact I was her daughter. She was past the stage of grief and was now just addicted to the alcohol, as my father had gotten addicted to Cocaine. His newest slut was very into it and nearly spent all of my father’s money on drugs though he was helping. He had recently gotten fired from his job for being high so it’s not like there as any money coming in and Mom couldn’t earn being drunk.
Luckily before this all happened I had a trust fund set up which I could use and my parents couldn’t touch and I also had the money from Jasper’s bank and what the army had given us after his death. Apparently Jasper had put it all in my name; I was going to use this money to travel.
I packed my bags and stashed them in the car I had gotten from Jasper as well, a Dodge Charger which I was going to hate leaving behind but it needed to be done.
I drove to school with my cap and gown on the seat beside me and parked in the near enough full lot before grabbing the items and exiting the car. I pulled on the gown and did it up as I walked towards the football field where everyone was gathering awaiting the ceremony. I placed the cap on my head and walked over to the seats which had everyone’s name on so they would be in order and when I found mine I sat down.
Eventually everyone joined me and took their seats. Once everyone including the families were seated the principal said some words then the Valedictorian got up, a girl named Val who was dating Matt in Haner’s little gang, and said some words as well about how much fun school was and how we were all going to go on and do great things. I knew that she was talking about her boyfriend who was in a band but, what the hey, it seemed to make everyone else happy though I knew that most would go on to do nothing.
Eventually everyone received their diplomas, I had walked up when it was my turn, took my diploma and shook hands for the picture not bothering to actually look at the camera before walking off stage and taking my seat again then when we were supposed to throw our caps in the air I just took mine off my head and walked over to the drinks table where I grabbed a cup of punch and drank it before I pulled off my gown and walked over to the teacher who had kindly offered it to me. I gave her a small smile and handed it back before I walked into the parking lot and over to my car.
I noticed Haner and his friends and their families stood by their cars talking but I didn’t say anything to them, I was still not talking to Brian since that incident in the hall and the only one in their gang that had had the decency to apologise for his behaviour was Johnny who had said Brian was an ass but then he had gone right back to him. It seemed though that today would not go past without some kind of interaction form Brian as when I reached my car he broke away from his group and jogged over to me.
“hey where are you going?” he asked curiously and I stopped and thought a moment before answering
“Dubai” I turned to see him looking at me shocked
“you’re going away?” he asked and I nodded
“yes I’m travelling, going to see places all around the world” Brian nodded and rubbed the back of his neck, he chuckled a little as he said
“yeah you wanted to do that when we were little” I nodded and he stuffed his hands in his pockets and said “well do you want to come to mine, we’re having a party and it could be a send off for you as well, I know McKenna would want to see you” I smiled slightly at the mention of the little 11 year old girl who sometimes would come and talk to me when I was sat in my garden, leaning over the fence so she could see me. I shook my head
“no thank you Brian I’m going right now” he looked at me shocked and asked
“now? What are you doing with your car?” I shrugged and placed a hand on it, looking at it I said
“I guess it will be impounded or something” he shook his head and said
“you can’t let that car be impounded, let me look after it as an I’m sorry thing” I raised a brow
“what are you sorry for?” he groaned
“for what I said in the hall and for telling everyone about your parent’s, it wasn’t my business but I was mad that you were just acting like a zombie so please let me look after it” I thought a moment before I nodded and taking out my set of keys I took the spare off the ring and handed it to him
“just pick it up from the airport ok?” he nodded and I nodded back before I got in the car and turned on the ignition then reversed out of the space and sped out of the lot with Brian watching after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
You get it by now but COOKIES!!!