Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 55

Hannah’s POV

We were sitting in Matt and Val’s living room talking as a group though my mind wasn’t really in it, I was worried about Jess. She had been acting oddly, she had been too...happy.
I mean yeah I wanted her happy but this is like stepford wives happy like she is just functioning but not living if you get my drift and I mean it was like she completely forgot about Brian. Whenever anyone mentioned him she would get this blank look on her face like she didn’t know who Brian was before she changed the subject to something else.
It was creeping me out to be honest, and I had discussed it with Zacky who just told me that it was her way of coping but I knew Jess and this wasn’t coping, this was burying everything under layers of ignorance so she didn’t have to deal with it any more.
Talking on the phone with Zacky was punctuated with talk of the ex couple all the time. Zacky had told me about how mopey Brian had been.
“he is just laying around in his bunk looking at the keyring Jess got him and ignoring us all though when he does talk it’s to snap at us or act like a dick, shit he can’t even go one show without messing up and this is Brian, he can play the guitar in his sleep but he just can’t focus” I couldn’t believe how bad Brian was though Zacky explained that Jimmy had been talking to Brian trying to get him to snap out of it but Brian was having none of it.
The hard question came soon though. I was talking with Zacky when he suddenly sighed and asked
“will Jess ever forgive him?” I groaned and lay back on the sofa in Zacky and I’s living room, a lovely leather sofa with fluffy pillows.
I stared up at the ceiling as I thought it over before I answered hesitantly
“I’m not sure Zacky, for once I’m not sure of how my best friend will act, it’s so weird feeling like this but if she were to forgive him it’s a damn slight chance and he would have to work bloody hard in order to get her to, she isn’t really a forgiving person at the best of times but this, cheating, was abhorrent to her, it’s a long stretch” I heard a sigh before Zacky said
“ok babe, it’s something at least, I’ll talk to you later yeah?” I agreed and hung up the phone.
Lying back I stared at the ceiling and hoped I had been right about her forgiving him maybe, I couldn’t stand to see her like this anymore.

Brian’s POV

Zacky came into the bunk area and stood next to my bunk staring at me. I turned my head to look at him and saw he was looking at me kind of pensively.
“what?” I croaked and Zacky sighed. He hopped up onto the bunk across from mine and spoke
“I just got off the phone with Hannah” I sat up straight
“is Jess ok? Is the baby ok?” I asked frantically and Zacky nodded quickly
“yeah they’re both fine” I sighed thankfully before I asked
“so what did she say?” Zacky bit his lip before he spoke
“I asked her if Jess would ever forgive you”
“and what did she say?” I asked anxiously, Zacky shook his head
“she said there’s a chance man but one that’s really small, it’s only a guess but she thinks it could happen if you work at it and I mean work Brian, hard” I nodded
“I would guess that much, I know what I did was wrong” Zacky nodded
“at least you know that much, this is a small chance Brian, are you sure you wanna go for it?” I nodded emphatically
“damn sure, I want her back, I need her back Zack, it’s like needing air, I can’t live without her any more, it’s tearing me apart” Zacky nodded
“ok, then you had better work man or I will help with the firing squad I’m sure Hannah hired for when you get home” I chuckled lightly but nodded and he exited the bunks leaving me there to plot a way to get Jess back, it became in that moment my new obsession.