Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 56

Jessica’s POV

The guys were coming back today and the girls were all excited, all except me. Even if I was still with Brian I wouldn’t have been because baby decided that making Mommy sick was the way to go and morning sickness had kicking in with a vengeance so that sometimes I felt weak from all the retching.
When Hannah had asked if I was going I had an actual excuse not to though which was good for me because I knew she probably would have tried to persuade me had I not run from the door to go throw up in the kitchen sink while she asked. She had helped then kind of backed away as if fearing I would upchuck on her there and then, which had made me laugh, then groan and hold my stomach.
I was happy though that I had made it ten weeks into my pregnancy before I came in, that was two and a half weeks in which was fine or so the doctor told me though she had said it would last into the second or even the third trimester sometimes and there was no damn way I was throwing up like this all the time. I had found out though that bread or carbohydrates didn’t make me sick though so I was sticking to them a lot eating rice and bread, things like that.
So while everyone was at the party I spent the time in my living room sat on the couch watching Van Helsing which munching on crackers.

Brian’s POV

I was disappointed as I sat at the table, Hannah had reluctantly told me that Jess wouldn’t be coming as she wasn’t feeling well due to morning sickness and then when I was about to ask if I should go check on her she had threatened me with rusty scissors, actual rusty scissors, and told me to stay the hell away from her.
Not wanting to seem like the only downer ere though I talked with the guys and acted like I was having a good time to hide the fact that I felt like shit and my every sense was telling me to leave and drive to Jess and beg her to take me back.
By the end of the night I felt I had successfully hidden the fact I was moping from everyone. That illusion was shattered though when Dad grabbed two beers and motioned for me to go outside with him.
He popped the caps off and handed me one while taking a healthy swig himself before asking
“what’s going on with you?” I looked at him acting confused
“what do you mean Dad” Papa Gates rolled his eyes
“don’t treat me like a fool son, what is going on with you? Jess isn’t here and you’re acting lost and not yourself” I sighed and took a swig of beer before I groaned
“Dad I was a fool” he looked at me curiously and I jumped into the whole story.
When I was finished Papa Gates stared at me a moment before he reached up and slapped me right around the head
“what in the hell kind of idiot are you?” he asked and I shook my head
“I don’t know Dad” Dad looked at me for a moment before he sighed and said
“well son you did a stupid thing but at least there is a chance to fix it and congratulations on the kid, another Haner” Dad stopped and thought for a moment before he muttered “you know that explains why Jess hasn’t come over and has been kind of ignoring us” I sighed knowing it was my fault
“I love her Dad” I confessed and Dad rolled his eyes
“well anyone could see that, so what are you going to do?” he asked and I clenched my fist but answered
“I’m going to win her back, no matter what it takes, I’ll apologise again and again until she understands then I’m going to get in her good books” Dad nodded
“good start” he stepped forwards and clapped a hand on my shoulder “good luck son” he then moved past me to I guess go and tell Suzy, leaving me there on the back porch clutching a bottle of beer to think of my starting point.