Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 59

Jessica’s POV

I looked at the keys in my hand, I was really craving a subway so having grabbed my keys I was debating whether or not to go but the craving got the better of me and I made my way to the nearest subway and ordered an Italian with chicken, lettuce and tomato ketchup before sitting in a window seat and just staring at the people in the street.
There were a variety of people around like the Goth couple walking down the street, the teenager carrying his skateboard and even the homeless guy carrying his pack as he made his way to a new spot to stay.
Looking at them I reflected on my own life, I was a soon to be single mother with no chance of a relationship in the future I mean who wants to date a single mother? No one that’s who though I have to admit I was luckier than most with the father still being in the picture, even though he wasn’t very far in the picture...
I sighed as I thought about that, Brian had gone to one scan because that was all I had invited him to, he needed to be more involved and it was due to me that he wasn’t so it would be up to me to fix it.
Taking out my phone my finger hovered over the buttons before I pressed speed dial two and rang up Brian.
“Hello?” he asked and I sighed before greeting
“hey Brian, can you meet me somewhere?”
“Err yeah sure, is everything ok? I mean it’s nine at night” I groaned
“everything is fine, I hope anyway, umm can you just meet me at subway, the one I like”
“yeah sure when?”
“well I’m here now so soon” Brian chuckled
“ok I’ll be there in 5” he hung up and I went back to eating and staring out the window.

Brian’s POV

I raced over to the subway near to Jess’ place, she liked it there because it was quick service and it was near.
Pulling up outside the shop I got out of the car and walked in to the shop to find her munching on a cookie as she sat staring out the window.
Walking over I took the seat next to her, I was all but vibrating with excitement, had she forgiven me? Did she want to get back together? I know she had been thinking, she liked to think here.
Jess turned to me and smiled my heart melted a little at the sight of that shy smile
“hey” she greeted, I grinned back
“hey there, what did you want to talk about?” I asked her and she took a deep breath before speaking, my hopes rising by the second
“I was wondering if you would like to be more involved in the baby’s life” my hope deflated
“huh?” Jess sighed
“well I was thinking about how lucky this kid is that their dad is actually in their life considering most kids with separated parents don’t see their father and so I was wondering if you wanted to be more involved with it like shopping for baby things with me, going to scans and doctors appointments and even birthing classes, I just wanted to give you the option”
I took a deep breath, ok so it wasn’t what I hoped but it was getting me in her life a bit more and I did want to be more involved with my child, I was feeling left out lately considering it is my kid as well and I had only been to one scan so far, all I had of my kid was that little scan picture which I kept in my wallet all the time.
Looking into Jess’ eyes I smiled
“I would love to be more involved Jess” Jess grinned after letting out a deep sigh of relief
“oh thank god, I didn’t want to keep this kid from you that would be cruel and every child deserves both parents don’t you think?” I nodded
“absolutely and that is what this kid will have” Jess smiled before getting to her feet, her baby bump more pronounced now, she didn’t look like she had put weight on so on her small frame the bump looked huge but it made me smile, I wanted to just rest my head there and talk to the baby but that would be inappropriate right now so I let her say her goodbyes then leave while I remained in my seat.
This would be good, it would mean I could be closer to Jess and show her I was willing to work with this relationship and commit to her even if it is just through the baby, any connection with her is great but I wanted it all, selfish as that may be, I couldn’t not have all of her, it was all or nothing and I would have it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
So They Are Going To Start Hanging Out Together? How Will That Turn Out...