Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 60

Jessica’s POV

I glared at the room I was standing in, the room that would be transformed into the nursery that I was determined to have done soon, being I was fourteen weeks now, I wanted it fully prepared by the time the baby came.
I had called the girls earlier to help and they had said they would be round soon so I would have at least some of it done soon. I already got the paint, a soft yellow, or well I got Brian to take me to the hardware store and I picked out the colour while I got him to lug the tins to his car and bring them here.
Pretty soon there was a knock on the door before voices floated up the stairs
“MARCO!” someone shouted and I giggled before shouting back
“POLO!” seconds later there were thudding footsteps on the stairs before the four girls came into the room and greeted me with hugs and rubs on the stomach before pulling away and inspecting the room.
“wow this is a big room” Lacey commented and I shrugged
“it was spare and I wanted it to be next to mine you know for easy access” they nodded and Leana looked at me with a smile
“this baby is gonna be so spoiled” I laughed and nodded agreement
“yeah I mean the kid will have 4 uncles and aunties, that right there is a recipe for spoiling, especially when you guys are the aunties” we all laughed and before long we were painting the room, or well I wasn’t allowed near the paint because of fumes but I stood in the door and watched and got drinks and things.
The day had been fun with us talking and joking, the girls would poke fun at one another and needle them about their men which made me feel kind of left out but it wasn’t so bad until Val commented offhandedly
“you know Brian has been kind down lately”
“really?” I asked casually trying to act like I didn’t care
“yeah he just isn’t the same when the guys are all together, usually he’s loud and proud but he’s quietened down and is more thoughtful” I shrugged
“probably fatherhood, who wants to go out for dinner tonight?” I asked and the girls exchanged looks before accepting the subject change and agreeing that going out would be fun.
So we had all gotten cleaned up and they had stolen some stuff from my wardrobe before we headed out to Danny’s.
Arriving we were shown to a table and given menus. We quickly decided, I ordered Arabiatta Pasta as it was simple and wouldn’t upset my stomach, morning sickness my ass.
As we waited for the food to arrive we talked a bit about how life was going, Leana told us about how her plans for her and Jimmy’s real honeymoon was going, Val spoke about her concerns for her sister and about how she felt that Matt was taking too long to marry her, Lacey gushed about how sweet Johnny was away from the guys and Hannah talked about how she was so happy here in America, compared to England it was a lot more fast paced, she admitted that she had to have Zacky move some things in his house as she kept tripping on them. I listened to it all avidly and gave my two cents about the topics.
Just as we were getting in to talking about the pros and cons of getting a group tattoo a cackle sounded from behind us and we all turned to see the source of the noise. I rolled my eyes seeing Gena there, why did she keep showing up?
Gena curled her lip at us
“just what do you think you skanks are doing here? This is a classy place”
“then why are you here? These guys like hundred dollar escorts not penny whores” Leana bit back making me try to suppress a giggle.
Gena caught it though and she turned her gaze on me giving me the bitch glance over but her gaze settled on my bump and her lip curled in disgust again
“you pregnant? Telling Brian it’s his are we, god what a whore you are” I snorted
“me? Gena I’m not you, I don’t cheat on my partner unlike some, namely you so back off will you, go back to your STD infected pimp and die” I dismissed her and she glared at me before she huffed and walked off to god knows where as long as it was away from here.
I stared down at my plate and someone placed their hand on mine, looking up I saw it was Val
“hit a nerve?” she asked and I sighed and nodded
“a big one” Val patted my hand
“don’t worry honey, we know you aren’t a cheat, she just is so much of one she can’t conceive of someone not being one, you get me?” I nodded
“yeah I understand” Val grinned
“good, now can we eat, I am starving!” it was then I noticed our food was here, I laughed and nodded and we all tucked in to the food.