Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 81

Jessica’s POV

I smiled as I felt the sun on my face and the sand between my toes.
Braden and I were at the beach as I was sick and tired of being cooped up at home and I hadn’t been to the beach in a while so it was time to, plus it was a well populated area and there were crowds about so Michelle was less likely to make a move right now.
Braden couldn’t do much being that he was so little but I dipped his toes in the water and I swear he smiled. It made me laugh, I could see him being a little surfer dude when he grows up, maybe Brian could teach him how to...
Braden grew tired of it all after about two hours of being out so I drove home and fed him before putting him down for a nap.
It was really boring just sitting here, I hadn’t had a story to write in ages having had a whole file of them on my computer which I sent out occasionally when I felt it was time to and so I didn’t have anything to do.
Looking around I noticed that the place was kind of messy I mean Brian come sin and throws his clothes wherever they land, not really caring and he also doesn’t seem to know where the bin is. Chuckling to myself I went and got the washing basket and a black bag so I could clean all of the house, it was about time, I rarely did it because of fear of waking Braden if I dropped something but he had a routine now so it should be ok.
I was in the kitchen doing the washing up when the front door opened and Brian called
“Jess?” I quickly walked out and shushed him
“quiet, Braden is sleeping” Brian grinned as he came towards me
“really?” I nodded and hesitated slightly at the grin on his face
“Brian?”
“yeah honey?”
“what are you up to?” the gleam came to Brian’s eye and I understood so I stood still and let him come to me
“I’m going to love my wife a little” I grinned and nearly cried out as he lifted me into his arms and carried me up the stairs. I was quietly laughing as he closed the bedroom door behind us.
I sighed in content as I woke from my nap; Brian had tired me out so I deserved the little sleep. I frowned as I wondered what woke me though. Sitting up slightly I looked around and listened out for something. I heard it again then, I scuff like a foot on the floor. Looking to my side I saw Brian was right here beside me so it couldn’t be him and well Braden couldn’t get out of his cot.
I wondered what it was then my thoughts flashed to Michelle, with a gasp I flew to my feet and out the door down the hall to Braden’s nursery. Throwing open the door I saw what it was that had woken me and screamed.
A figure dressed in black stood above the crib holding a pillow while Braden slept on. The person turned to me at the sound of my scream as it formed into Brian’s name and I rushed towards them hoping to get them away from Braden. I heard hurried steps as Brian got out of bed and the person must have panicked as they rushed past me knocking me into the changing table, my hip hitting the sharp corner making me gasp in slight pain.
Brian came and glanced at me before he chased the person down the stairs. I hurried to Braden and picked him up cradling him and shushing him, he woke at my screams and I frankly didn’t mind that they were shattering my ears right now, he was alive.
I hugged him to me tightly which I think didn’t make the screaming any better really but right now I would take him at any decibel I was just so damn happy he was alive, tears of relief were streaming down my face.
I stayed in the nursery with him until Brian came back, Braden had calmed down by then.
Brian came in and grunted in frustration as he bit out
“they got away” fresh tears tracked down my face and Brian came over and wiped them away before pulling me into a comforting hug and he stroked my hair trying to calm me
“will this stop?” I asked brokenly and didn’t get a response except a kiss on the top of the head which I think answered all.