Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 82

Brian’s POV

The police had been called and the nursery had turned into a mini crime scene as they dusted for prints and such. Jess would mumble comments about how hard it was to clean the dust off and I knew she was just trying to process it all so I would just hug her tightly and not say anything.
The police officer had taken our statements and when he asked if we saw anything about the person we both told him that we didn’t know what they looked like only that they were small in size and dressed in black from head to toe. The police officer had suggested that it might be a fan that had gone crazy but I doubted it plus with all the other things that had been said it didn’t sound like a fan gone crazy.
When the police left and said we could go in the nursery Jess had grabbed the Moses basket and placed Braden in it so he could sleep and she could keep him near as it is cartable. We went to the kitchen so that I could make some coffee for myself and some tea for Jessica.
I watched Jess as the kettle boiled as she just stared absently at Braden, like he would disappear if she took her eyes off him, I admit that I felt the same but there was no way I would break down now when Jess and Braden needed me.
I sighed as I handed her the tea and as I settled myself on the stool next to her I asked
“do you want to move out?” Jess looked up at me with a frown
“move out?” I nodded
“not forever but for a little while, it may be better” Jess seemed to think it over before she shook her head
“no I won’t be driven from my own home” her voice held a thread of steel to it and I knew she wouldn’t change her mind right now. I had to make sure they were safe though so
“I’ll call a security company in the morning so they can set up more alarms and such” Jess nodded
“sounds good” she replied before turning her gaze to Braden again though she reached out and clasped my hand tightly in her own, I was grateful for the contact.
We spent the next hour calling everyone and letting them know what happened, we didn’t want them finding out from anyone else. Each of them offered us a place to stay though we turned them all down, Hannah was a hard one to refuse, she threatened to come and knock some sense into us but Jess assured her that this was perfectly safe and I agreed though I think Zacky could tell I was hesitant in telling him that.
When the calls were done Jess and I went to our room and set up Braden in the Moses basket before climbing into bed and just laying their holding each other, getting over the threat that had come into our home, an invasion that felt like more than an invasion of our home and more like an invasion of our selves. The fact that they were going to kill my son, well I was trying not to think of that as I knew I would fly into an uncontrollable rage if I let my mind wonder to that and what could have happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
A Little Short, Sorry, Having A Little Trouble Updating At The Moment But I Will Sot It Out Don't Worry