Old Enough

two.

When I can home that night I expected an empty house. With my aunt out with her mystery boyfriend doing whatever adults did for dates I expected to be alone home for the next couple hours with nothing but a cable T.V. and a belly full of lasagna.

“Hey, maybe your aunt came home early today,” Dean said as pulled up into my driveway observing the illuminated living room from the window.

“Yeah, but what’s that?” I asked pointing to a shiny black car plastered next to my aunts car.

“….a car?” He said looking at me with shrug.

“Yeah, but who’s is it?”

“I don’t know but you better get the fuck out of my car and find out.”

I sighed opening the passenger door, “Fine, fine. Thanks for having me at dinner.”

“No problem Ellie bear, make sure you brush your teeth before your aunt smells meat on yeah. Don’t want her finding out your not exactly following that vegan diet of hers.”

“Yeah, that would be tragic,” I said grabbing my bag and stepping out of the car. I waved goodbye to him through the car window and walked to the front door.

The second I walked into the door the sound of my aunt’s laughter filled room. But it wasn’t her regular exhausted laughter it was the one she used to use when she talked to one of my old psychologists she thought was cute.

“Oh, she must be home!” I heard my aunt exclaim excitedly from the other room while I heard the tapping of her heels coming my way down the hall.

“Where have you been?” She asked confusedly once she was out of hearing distance of her visitor.

“I was at the library,” I answered simply. I had started getting good at coming up with excuses quickly.

She stared intensely at me for a long second as if trying to tell if I really did spend my evening at the library and not smoking pot and eating cow.

“Fine,” She said spinning around, a smile placed back on her face, “I want you to meet someone.”

I followed her into the living room where her visitor was. He looked like he was in his early 20s with light curly brown hair and a pair of the brightest blue eyes.

“Hi, you must be Eleanor. I’m Will,” He said extending his hand and showing off his shiny white teeth.

“Yeah… Hi,” I said shaking his hand and glancing at my aunt with a questioning look.

“William and I…” My aunt said standing up from the couch and placing her glass of wine on the table, “we're, you know… dating.”

I stared at him and then her trying to figure out if she was serious because I had no way in hell had any idea that the man my aunt was dating was probably almost half her age.

“Ok… coooool,” I said trying to sound as casually as possible, “I’m gunna, you know, do homework or something.”

“Alright goodnight, hun. We’ll try to keep it quiet for you down here.”

“Alright.”

“Nice meeting you, Eleanor,” Will said smiling politely and sipping on his glass of wine. Which led me to wonder if he was old enough to drink.

“Um… yeah,” I said before walking up the stairs.

“Don’t worry, she’ll get used to the idea of it soon,” I heard my aunt say before I shut the door to my room. I grimaced at the idea of being used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my two commenters. It would be great if more people would leave comments and subscribes. I'm trying to get back into writing since it's been a while... I've already got half of the next chapter down. Thanks for reading.